It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sunspots, record cold, warns NASA scientist

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: UMayBRite!

The records are irrelevant. The averages are relevant.

If we were to have a cooling trend in the presence of high CO2 levels, fear not. Al Gore will have an explanation.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Al Gore will have an explanation.
Who cares.

I'll pay attention to what climatologists say about it. There is a mechanism which could apply. One that is less speculative that the effect of cosmic ray "cloud seeding." There is a relationship between solar activity and solar irradiance. It's not a yuge change, but it could slow the warming down a bit.

We'll see. But first we'll have to see if we get that Grand Minimum.

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 08:56 PM
link   
After the endless summer we just had here in the southern US after talk about this year should see global cooling, I gave up on hope of any global cooling. When I retire, I might consider moving to Minnesota or Canada and might have to wear a jacket in the winter if things only get a little bit worse. I swear some old people and some native southerners seem to have genes where a nice cool day is in the 80's. Me, it finally got comfortable in the low 60's or upper 50's. I'm running the air conditioning in the hotel room I'm in right now and getting a little bit hot. When I was younger I remember occasionally seeing snow around Thanksgiving. Nowadays, it's unusual to see frost it seems here in the Carolinas. I used to hope for global cooling but gave up.

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Who cares.

I'd estimate about 90% of the people who believe in the Church of Global Warming...

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 07:33 AM
link   
we are in a solar minimum and yet we are still breaking global records for the hottest months ever.
Have any of you actually thought of the consequences when we move to a solar maximum in 11 years?

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join