It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sunspots, record cold, warns NASA scientist

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 12:36 AM
link   
a reply to: MissSmartypants

predicting lower than normal solar activity through at least 2050 resulting in lower global temperatures.

I don't know of any solar scientists (actual solar scientists) who are predicting lower global temperatures. At best, they seem to be saying "Well, maybe the warming will slow down a bit. For a while."

Can you provide your sources?

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 12:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

predicting lower than normal solar activity through at least 2050 resulting in lower global temperatures.

I don't know of any solar scientists (actual solar scientists) who are predicting lower global temperatures. At best, they seem to be saying "Well, maybe the warming will slow down a bit. For a while."

Okay...so I oversold it a bit and you're doing that thing again.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 12:43 AM
link   

And do you realize if we put our avatars side by side it would look like we were looking at each other.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 12:44 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 12:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: MissSmartypants
As someone who has followed space weather for decades I can tell you that some solar scientists are predicting lower than normal solar activity through at least 2050 resulting in lower global temperatures. How low no one can definitively say what with the uncertainty that global warming adds to the mix. But either way earth will go on whether we do or not

Really, since you have followed this for decades, it shouldn't be too hard for you to give me links to those studies.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 12:55 AM
link   
a reply to: BlackJackal
Too late.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

And be nice.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Smooth.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 12:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlackJackal

originally posted by: MissSmartypants
As someone who has followed space weather for decades I can tell you that some solar scientists are predicting lower than normal solar activity through at least 2050 resulting in lower global temperatures. How low no one can definitively say what with the uncertainty that global warming adds to the mix. But either way earth will go on whether we do or not

Really, since you have followed this for decades, it shouldn't be too hard for you to give me links to those studies.
I agree.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 01:59 AM
link   
As much as I hate to do this... Phage and BlackJackal are correct. We are very unlikely to see any major sustained surface cooling in the near future.

How do I know? Well, let's just say when you put an educated redneck on his rear for an extended period, which surgery tends to do, you practically force him to do something. So, I've been studying. Results have been completed and will be ready to publish soon, but until then...

No Ice Ages.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 02:00 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Ya'll get better now.

Go easy on the oxy.

edit on 11/14/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 02:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Oh, I am... and no oxy needed. Haven't had a pain pill since I got out of recovery.

The morphine in recovery was nice, though.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 02:06 AM
link   

I didn't like the dreams.

But that was Demerol.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 02:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

NM

TheRedneck

edit on 11/14/2018 by TheRedneck because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 02:09 AM
link   

It was a while back.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Sept. 27, 2018: The sun is entering one of the deepest Solar Minima of the Space Age. Sunspots have been absent for most of 2018, and the sun’s ultraviolet output has sharply dropped. New research shows that Earth’s upper atmosphere is responding.
“We see a cooling trend,” says Martin Mlynczak of NASA’s Langley Research Center. “High above Earth’s surface, near the edge of space, our atmosphere is losing heat energy. If current trends continue, it could soon set a Space Age record for cold.”

spaceweatherarchive.com...

(Bloomberg) -- Houston reported its earliest snowfall ever, beating places like New York City and Boston as a cold snap descended over Texas.
George Bush Intercontinental Airport in Houston set a new record for the first observed snowfall, breaking one set on Nov. 23, 1979, according to a Twitter post from the National Weather Service. Near record-breaking cold has swept into the South, with temperatures in the state 25 degrees Fahrenheit (14 Celsius) or more below average, according to the U.S. Weather Prediction Center in College Park, Maryland.

Just a localized event and even with New York 6 to 8 degrees below normal they will not see their first snow for a few days more..

One of the other threads about climate change I made a prediction that the Northern hemisphere would have a very bad winter and the winters here on out for the next few years will continue to get worse (record breaking) and I am not a psychic.. My prediction is based on this solar cycle ... I might be wrong and honestly hope I am...

Houston will have broken pipes from this freeze.. Good place to be a plumber if you do not mind working in the cold and frozen ground..

www.bloombergquint.com...

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

This may be a bit more reliable as far as trends go. At least it's got some basis in science. But weather will be weather.

www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov...

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
The whole headline wouldn't fit.

"Lack of sunspots to bring record cold, warns NASA scientist"

From the article...

"The sun is entering one of the deepest Solar Minima of the Space Age,” wrote Dr Tony Phillips just six weeks ago, on 27 Sep 2018.

Sunspots have been absent for most of 2018 and Earth’s upper atmosphere is responding, says Phillips, editor of spaceweather.com."

"If current trends continue, it could soon set a Space Age record for cold,” says Mlynczak. “We’re not there quite yet, but it could happen in a matter of months.”

Grab your extra blankets children!
Get the snow blower ready...

Oops, forgot the link...

www.iceagenow.info...

I brought this up over the Summer during "global warming" threads and the children laughed. Here in Louisiana, we had snow yesterday. I can't remember ever having snow this early (or late) as it usually comes in January or February.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

I brought this up over the Summer during "global warming" threads and the children laughed.

You know that the OP is about the upper atmosphere, right?

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 12:51 PM
link   

a reply to: anonentity

Yes. I know.
That person does not understand orbital mechanics. The link I posted above does. It uses actual math to predict Earth's orbit.

Physics, not nonsense.

How about this... You believe your source, everyone else can believe their's. Meanwhile, nothing brings your source to light anymore than the other source.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

nothing brings your source to light anymore than the other source.

Right. Because made up orbital mechanics are no different than real orbital mechanics.

I wonder how well those made up orbital mechanics would be able to get a space probe to Pluto.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join