It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Religious Images blessed? Christ portrait Miracle in Wakefield suggests it.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 05:34 PM
link   
The Peace of God to all that belong to the Light
Dear Readers,

Miracles that defy any possible scientific explanation are rare to occur but actually exists, they are of course exceptional cases on which what appears natural or logic according with the laws of nature is not what occurs, but something that is extremely unlikely even under the law of probabilities, and there is an estrange coincidental link with a belief, making them fascinating and more remarkable specially for people that decides to be skeptical.

That is precisely what this last Tuesday at evening amazingly happened in what appears to be the eldest Baptist Church of a suburb of Boston, Massachussetts.

A 150-year-old church in Wakefield, Mass., was engulfed in flames on Tuesday after being struck by lightning during a storm.

Remarkably, the one thing to survive the blaze was a large painting of Jesus.

The fire was first reported on Tuesday evening, when members of the church were meeting inside. Everyone evacuated the burning building safely, but it took hours and more than 100 firefighters to tame the flames destroying the First Baptist Church.

People from the community were reluctantly saying goodbye to the community landmark, built in 1872, as it burned to the ground, when one first responder emerged from the structure with a painting that was miraculously undamaged.

Please check:

Painting of Jesus remain untouched by flames when a 150 Church was burnt until ground

First Baptist Church in Wakefield, Mass. burnt until ground

Heavy Flames consume Historic Baptist Church in Wakefield

Painting of Christ survived 7 alarm Fire in Wakefield, Mass.

The thread is open to discuss interesting aspects of this unusual event:

- A community of faith Church is burnt until ground by a the strike of lightening.

- The church belonged to a denomination that is ascribed to the Protestant Reform.

- Hardline sects of Protestantism condemn what they call Idolatry practices of other denominations, veneration of images.

- The church was not a recently built building so it could be considered as traditional place of worship.

- Although it is not common at all to have religious images on Protestantism there was one of Jesus inside.

- The image of Christ survived intact untouched by the flames at all in a devastating fire.

- The only object of the Church that was not destroyed was neither a Bible neither a hymns book nor a prayers book, but the painting.

What could be the possible meaning in behind this unlikely fact?

I am sure everybody will find this as an interesting and in some way unusual and ironic story, that invites to deep spiritual reflection around a topic that is still controversial for many theologians in the west and have divided the Christendom for centuries.

Thanks for your attention,

The Angel of Lightness
edit on 10/25/2018 by The angel of light because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Interesting story with some crazy pictures. That was a devastating fire of a beautiful old building.

The survival of the painting is a good reminder that a building was destroyed but not the church. The church is the people.

Thanks for posting, I’ll be curious to hear if anyone has more spiritual insights into this.

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I don't know how many churches there are in the world. Hundreds of thousands, I would imagine. And I don't know how many churches have burned or destroyed, intentionally or accidentally. And of those, how many burned where an important icon of the church was miraculously saved. But given there are people who believe the design of a sea shell is proof of God and Jesus, it boils down to belief because you want to, not because of any commonality you can show.

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: The angel of light

I wonder how many children were burned in house fires that day?

While jesus was saving his favorite painting of himself?

I’m sure they are deeply comforted, while they are getting donor skin grafted back onto their open wounds, knowing that god is real and that painting was saved by his mercy.
edit on 25-10-2018 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Why would God bless something he expressly forbade in the old testament? Somewhere in Exodus I think. No images of anything in heaven, earth, or in the waters. Found it...Exodus 20

Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth:

Also, do you know how many stories there are of items surviving fires? It doesn't seem extraordinary that a painting of Christ might survive a church fire.

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

It is curious but I was thinking in a similar way but in the other way around when I read your reply.

I'm wonder how many children were Not burned that day in inspite to be in clear risk of due to a miraculous protection and intervention of God?

How about the Christian Assyrian children somewhere trying to survive in Syria tonight or the ones sleeping at these moments hidden behind debris in Eastern Ukraine?

I can assure you that both groups find comfort in their suffering by praying for their lives with Christian icons.

The Angel of Lightness

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

That is pretty out of context, historic as well as religious one. By the way this is not just a story it is a fact transmitted by the media of all the world due to the remarkable coincidence.

Now, Bible is a book that requires some knowledge of Anthropology and History in order to be interpreted correctly.

You are referring perhaps to demonic idols of ancient times when Christ didn't even born yet.

Be careful it may be really a grave mistake to confuse what is Holy with what it was Not.

Exodus 25:18

18 And you shall make two cherubim of gold; of hammered work you shall make them at the two ends of the mercy seat.

The Angel of Lightness

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 09:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified

Why would God bless something he expressly forbade in the old testament? Somewhere in Exodus I think. No images of anything in heaven, earth, or in the waters. Found it...Exodus 20

Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth:

Also, do you know how many stories there are of items surviving fires? It doesn't seem extraordinary that a painting of Christ might survive a church fire.

God expressly forbade worshiping images not making them

I know a similar story as the OPs but it wasnt a portrait, it was a phone directory, A holy phone directory? One now must wonder
Ascribing holiness to idols is very catholic and pagan, not so much baptist.

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 09:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

I wonder how many children were burned in house fires that day?

While jesus was saving his favorite painting of himself?

I’m sure they are deeply comforted, while they are getting donor skin grafted back onto their open wounds, knowing that god is real and that painting was saved by his mercy.

Jesus was saving His painting
I didnt think you even believed

Poor Woodie, you have some real issues don't you.
Atheist fundamentalist, I am surprised you haven't started something akin to Westboro church but for hating atheists

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Spin it any way you like. The passage is quite clear. No graven image nor likeness. Because as even Paul eluded to, inevitably people end up worshiping the thing rather than the creator. Just as you and others are already doing by venerating a painting of him rather than HIM.

Nevertheless, it's no skin off my teeth. Carry on.

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Excuse me but that is Not what the Baptist people of that church in Boston are saying to the media right now, they are expressing that the survival of their beloved painting is a symbol a signal to comfort them in the middle of such a tragedy.

By the way images of Christ are Not exclusive of Catholics, they are used with profusion in the liturgy by Orthodox Christians, Eastern and Oriental Christians as well as Anglican, Coptics and Episcopalians too.

Also the saying that Christian Images are "idols" is not an exclusive or original Protestant statement, many Muslims believe so too.

The Angel of Lightness

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: The angel of light
a reply to: Klassified

That is pretty out of context, historic as well as religious one. By the way this is not just a story it is a fact transmitted by the media of all the world due to the remarkable coincidence.

Now, Bible is a book that requires some knowledge of Anthropology and History in order to be interpreted correctly.

You are referring perhaps to demonic idols of ancient times when Christ didn't even born yet.

Be careful it may be really a grave mistake to confuse what is Holy with what it was Not.

Exodus 25:18

18 And you shall make two cherubim of gold; of hammered work you shall make them at the two ends of the mercy seat.

The Angel of Lightness

Protestanst worship the one true living God not a church, pope or saint

Its a painting that didn't burn, doesn't mean that there was anything holy about it.
Amazing how it seems catholics ascribe more value to a painting than people

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Excuse me but that is Not what the Baptist people of that church in Boston are saying to the media right now, they are expressing that the survival of their beloved painting is a symbol a signal to comfort them in the middle of such a tragedy.

By the way images of Christ are Nor exclusive of Catholics, they are used with profession by Orthodox Christians, Eastern and Oriental Christians as well as Anglican and Episcopalians too.

The Angel of Lightness

Yeah but you guys worship those images, worshiping them images is why the Catholics lost so many of her followers.
Its not christian to worship idols, like what your whole thread here is about
The "magik" of a painting
A painting, I love the part in the bible where it states Jesus died for paintings...

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 09:33 PM
link   

I wondering why you are expressing so much anti Catholic Anger or Hatred?

The burnt Church was Baptist and it is pretty clear they really love their painting of Jesus and think it is definitively a blessing it was saved from the fire.

Pls check
Portrait of Jesus is untouch after Fire destroy Church

How about the Orthodox Christians, Eastern and Oriental Christians as well as Anglican, Coptics and Episcopalians?

They Don't exist at all for you?

Have you ever entered into an Armenian, Russian or Greek Church to admire their blessed Icons?

Even Mormons have their own paintings or sculptures of Jesus and the best illustrated religious books are perhaps the Jehova Witnesses ones.

Are you going to hate them or curse them too in your next reply?

With all respect do you feel Muslims are the only other ones praising God correctly?

The Angel of Lightness

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 09:50 PM
link   

I wondering why you are expressing so much anti Catholic Anger or Hatred?

The burnt Church was Baptist and it is pretty clear they really love their painting of Jesus and think it is definitively a blessing it was saved from the fire.

How about the Orthodox Christians, Eastern and Oriental Christians as well as Anglican, Coptics and Episcopalians?

They Don't exist at all for you?

Have you ever entered into an Armenian, Russian or Greek Church to admire their blessed Icons?

Even Mormons have their own paintings or sculptures of Jesus and the best illustrated religious books are perhaps the Jehova Witnesses ones.

Are you going to hate them or curse them too in your next reply?

With all respect do you feel Muslims are the only other ones praising God correctly?

The Angel of Lightness

Why is it clear they love their painting, media hype as I can tell
Your hype about a magic painting being untouched, how about the phone book I mentioned?

Interesting AoL I dont have issues with portraits and statues, I have issues when they are worshiped the way catholics worship them, not unlike buddhists

As for Orthodox Christians, Eastern and Oriental Christians as well as Anglican, Coptics and Episcopalians, they are not here posting about a magic painting like you

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Who do you think you are speaking with?

I am curious about your selective way to speculate what religious affiliation may be behind a thread when you don't even know its author by the way?

This message can be coming from other different place by the way, one you even don't imagen.

Your mistake is that your judgement has more to do with your way of thinking and your background that with what you are trying to understand.

The Angel of Lightness

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 10:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

By the way images of Christ are Nor exclusive of Catholics, they are used with profession by Orthodox Christians, Eastern and Oriental Christians as well as Anglican and Episcopalians too.

The Angel of Lightness

Yeah but you guys worship those images, worshiping them images is why the Catholics lost so many of her followers.
Its not christian to worship idols, like what your whole thread here is about
The "magik" of a painting
A painting, I love the part in the bible where it states Jesus died for paintings...

CHRISTIAN FIGHT!!!!!

How do we know which one is right?

I wonder why christians can’t agree with eachother about what god is or what it wants? It’s almost like people just apply whatever attributes they want their god to have, and then force everyone else to see it their way.

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 10:53 PM
link   

The idea of attributing magic to a painting, I find that incredibly strange
No Baptists dont do that in most cases, you have, maybe even the media speculate that, not the baptist churc

Do you really believe God sent down a special forcefield to protect that painting, that particular painting and then why would God do that

Please I would love to understand your reasoning

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 11:02 PM
link   

I’d much rather believe in a deity like Zeus. He was always banging hot chicks and throwing lightning bolts at things he didn’t like. What does yahweh do? He gives kids bone cancer, and makes his believers abandon reason and logic. No thanks.

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Why would a magic force field be outside of the possibilities of your mysterious deity. Not that I believe, but i would think that you could accept pretty much any claim made about god.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join