It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Which bathroom should this person use?

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

originally posted by: Butterfinger

a reply to: Butterfinger

#PrejudiceAgainstSWMDoesntBelongHere

SWM? "Strange Women-Men" is a terrible name for Trans folk

Straight White Males, silly. You know, the truly oppressed among us.

so your limited mental capacity just misses the entire point that you are sarcastically singling out a group based on something they have no control over, and making fun of them?

It's like the idiot who jumps into a discussion on racists and throws a picture of "rednecks" and cracks on them for being ignorant.

Reflect a bit, talk MUCH, MUCH less.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

I don't particularly think we are physically matched nether, although there are exceptions, but i was always taught to respect Woman, by Woman, pretty much no matter the circumstance.

Obviously, there are acceptions to the rule but you treat people how you find them.

The violence that goes unreported paints significantly different picture, about 80% of a different picture really.

Its about half and half really, the stuff that goes unreported is the ticket, but at the end of the day we can be just as violent as one another, just in different ways.

That being said if equality requires enforcement, its hardy such.

edit on 24-10-2018 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 12:52 PM
link   

a reply to: Alien Abduct

I know. It only matters what straight white males are going through. They got the numbers, God bless ‘em.

Culture, they got the culture. It's not a white thing it's not a race thing it's a culture thing.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

"Am I supposed to want women to be more violent so we can be "equal" to men?"

People are not equal never mind the sexes. Does not mean we should not strive to achieve such through.

Men are not all bastards just as woman are not all female dogs.

What you are supposed to do, if you wish, is recognize humanities penchant for evil, not the sexes propensity for such because its far more complicated than that.

But dont give me inaccurate/incomplete statistics that prove next to nothing other than Woman report crime and domestic abuse far more than there counterparts even will.

Fact is we both know how to cause chaos, just in a different manner, though generally with the same result.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Sir, you are dead wrong. The Redneck made me realize how hard the straight white male has had it in this country since day one. Slavery, voter suppression, segregation, exclusion — all this time I was thinking those things affected blacks, women, gays and other minorities — when it was straight white males who have been doing the suffering. It’s really sad that you are not enlightened to it.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Sir, you are dead wrong. The Redneck made me realize how hard the straight white male has had it in this country since day one. Slavery, voter suppression, segregation, exclusion — all this time I was thinking those things affected blacks, women, gays and other minorities — when it was straight white males who have been doing the suffering. It’s really sad that you are not enlightened to it.

What say you about every predominantly black country on earth where they are at constant war with each other, starve and are in severe poverty? Is it because of the white man?

You see, it's a culture thing Kayla. Blacks in this country have some cultural issues that they need to address with themselves and playing the victim and the blame whitey blame game isn't going to work. You know why it won't work? because it's not the Fricking solution!

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

"Am I supposed to want women to be more violent so we can be "equal" to men?"

People are not equal never mind the sexes.

For the sake of this discussion, I will agree...

Does not mean we should not strive to achieve such through.

We all have our strengths and weaknesses... We should all strive to be our best.

Men are not all bastards just as woman are not all female dogs.

Of course.

What you are supposed to do, if you wish, is recognize humanities penchant for evil, not the sexes propensity for such because its far more complicated than that.

Oh dear. You really think you can skool me on women's weapons of choice in the battle of the sexes? Or human nature in general??? How very presumptuous.

But dont give me inaccurate/incomplete statistics that prove next to nothing other than Woman report crime and domestic abuse far more than there counterparts even will.

Oh my... Says the one making many statements as fact with absolutely no substance to back it up... But just knows it can't possibly be because men are abusing women far more than women abuse men.

Fact is we both know how to cause chaos, just in a different manner, though generally with the same result.

Same result? No. Not even close. The dead bodies tell a different truth. You may pretend all you want that men just don't report abuse, but there is no possible way that women are killing as many men as men are killing women but its somehow "not reported".

So no. Just no.
edit on 24-10-2018 by Boadicea because: Formatting

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I find it amazing with everything that is going on in the world,people
are way too focused on which bathroom others' should use.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

I hear ya. The straight white males are nothing if not peaceful, loving and benevolent. They never participate in wars, and there’s not a poor one in sight. And yet, they are STILL the most mistreated of all. It’s a travesty.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Look people kill people, it's not a numbers game or competition between the sexes.

I don't think i could "skool" you on anything, nor would i try, i imagine you might harbor some Man hatred just a tad though.

Some of us prefer to be lovers rather than fighters, we are not all bastards, just a thought.

End of the day, equality is the end game, but we are always going to be different from one another hence the attraction.

So yes, just yes, Woman are as messed up as we are, and capable of as much bullcrap as we dish out.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Trick question!

"Bath" rooms arent available in most places other than home or a Gym, so I'd say use the Restroom or "Loo".

Architect's will sometimes label this room a "Water Closet". Just for an FYI

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: CADpro

Trick question!

"Bath" rooms arent available in most places other than home or a Gym, so I'd say use the Restroom or "Loo".

Architect's will sometimes label this room a "Water Closet". Just for an FYI
We call them toilets in the UK lol.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
The violence that goes unreported paints significantly different picture, about 80% of a different picture really.
You got a link for that claim?
My lifetime anecdotal evidence is male on female violence is greater than female on male violence.
You got any studies to suggest my experience is not universal?

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Ya know i've been reading through all this and I have to say I find it funny how people on both sides of a debate like this lump everybody of a certain type together and imply their life experiences are the same. If you're black or gay or a woman or....uh a minority...such a great term to describe people it really encompasses the uniqueness and individuality that people have....you must've been oppressed at some point and if you're a whitean your life must be awesome...

Based on my experience meeting people over the years...from what I can tell, most people wherever they're from have had points in their lives where something has stopped them wrong has been done based on things out of their control and much more time in their lives when this has not been happening.

Personally in my life i've had people judge me or do things to me based on things about me out of my control. I just get on with # or if I have the chance prove to them their wrong.

People like you are just as bad as the people doing oppressing, you're still lumping people into homogeneous groups based on superficial attributes, declaring certain groups are weak helpless victims while another are evil oppressors.

How is that any different than some ignorant racist or bigot?

I wouldn't want someone like you representing me telling the world i'm a weak oppressed victim.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Who here has ever claimed that in a serious tone?

Your facetious strawman arguments are derailing the thread.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 03:50 PM
link   

edit on 10/24/2018 by seagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: C0bzz

Should lesbians use the female toilets , I mean there's a risk there too ... No ?

No. Women do not have the same propensity for sexual crimes and violence that men do. Virtually every woman has been treated inappropriately by men... Very very few women have been treated inappropriately by a lesbian.

And statistically speaking, Male Identified Trans may be the most violent and abusive as a group.

Transwomen and Sexualized Violence

Statistics Show the Difference in Rates of Violent Crimes Against Women Committed by ‘Transwomen’ Versus Non-Transgender Males

You are kind of right...

My wife is transgender and she glassed an Irish c**t in a bar when she got violent trying to get her out of the women's toilet...

To be fair the Irish girl tried to punch her first...

eta: I'm born male, heterosexual and have never been in a fight in my life.
edit on 2018-10-24T16:05:13-05:00pmWed, 24 Oct 2018 16:05:13 -0500pmbpm2018 by carabao because: Eta

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

"You got a link for that claim?"

I live in an area where people argue and fight all the time and have done since time immemorial, the majority of which goes unreported, as it should unless someone is seriously hurt or exploited.

"My lifetime anecdotal evidence is male on female violence is greater than female on male violence."

That's nice but there's always 2 sides to every argument, sometimes even more.

"You got any studies to suggest my experience is not universal?"

Mmmm, where does one obtain such studies pertaining to undisclosed information?

Any first world nation i have had the pleasure of visiting, Woman are generally treated with a modicum of respect, just like everyone else.

As to universal, well it's a big verse I'm not sure how the fairer sex is treated throughout the cosmos, apparently, they don't do to bad on Venus.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: carabao

You are kind of right... 

My wife is transgender and she glassed an Irish c**t in a bar when she got violent trying to get her out of the women's toilet... 

To be fair the Irish girl tried to punch her first... 

That sounds like self-defense. I can empathize with the other woman... But not her bar so not her rules. She just needed to do her business and go on her way.

eta: I'm born male, heterosexual and have never been in a fight in my life. 

I'll bet the vast majority could say the same. Or at least they never started a fight. It's probably like so many other things, where it's a relatively few guys committing lots of violent acts.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 04:56 PM
link   

"It's probably like so many other things, where it's a relatively few guys committing lots of violent acts."

See that's the nail right on the head there!

Some types of wrong'yins just give the rest of us a bad rep.

Same could be said for the fairer sex all the same as some Woman break the mental mould and create stereotypes also.

Suppose the issue like with so many other matters is our attachment of labels.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join