It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Which bathroom should this person use?

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

People hurt one another, just if different ways, their sex has little to do with it.

The statistics are unreliable at best and at worst paint a rather unsafe picture.

We are either equal or we are not but we simply cannot have it both ways.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Thought experiment for those on the it's okay to be trans and use the bathroom assigned to the opposite of your genetic biology side of proceedings.

I was born with a penis. I look like a man because I am one. I am sexually attracted to females because heterosexual but I am not a rapist or sexual predator, like the majority of men and women aren't.

So seeing as I am harmless and not a threat to women, is it okay that I use female toilets whenever I choose to?

If not why not?

edit on 24-10-2018 by AtomicKangaroo because: grammar and grampa

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Glad you are recognizing some of the very real issues s.w.m. have faced for a very long time. Oppression is multi-pronged, and s.w.m., being the fighters they are, are overcoming some of the lingering issues.

For instance, thank goodness their oppression is easing up somewhat when it comes to their parental rights in divorce. It has been a long uphill battle for them, but there has been some slight improvement as they struggle and fight for their parental right to share custody of their children in a system that favors the mother 90% of the time over the father.

They have also struggled to have paternity leave when their newborn arrives. Mothers have had these rights for some time now, on the federal level, but fathers have been treated like second class parents. The struggle is real.

Glad to see you stand in solidarity with our s.w.m. We wouldn't be here without them. (no sarcasm.)

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: C0bzz
This is a thought experiment and I am genuinely interested in that answer for the members of ATS.

This person has a vagina. Which bathroom should they use?

Ever see kindergarten cop

Little kid says boys have a penis
Girls have a vagina

That is a women proven through DNA and chromosomes.

Sadly it looks like liberal drs have provided testosterone treatments.

Scary

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

People hurt one another, just if different ways, their sex has little to do with it.

The statistics are unreliable at best and at worst paint a rather unsafe picture.

We are either equal or we are not but we simply cannot have it both ways.
No. I don't think we are equal, the average man is physically stronger than the average woman, and testosterone is a hormone which goes hand in hand with violence.
You can try to be as PC as you like but women and men are different, and men are prosecuted for the overwhelming majority of violent crime in the UK. That is an absolute fact.
Why are you trying to make out female on male violence is in equal amount as male on female violence? You are blatantly wrong mate.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: C0bzz
a reply to: network dude

Prior to that, Transgenders had found a way to cope with their differences, and live their lives with the ability to relive themselves in the appropriate manner.

The notion that transgender people were fine before so called "Social Justice Warriors" is complete nonsense. Nothing could be further than the truth.

Transgender is an adjective, not a noun. Change "transgenders" to "blacks", change "Social Justice Warriors" to the civil rights movement, and maybe the answer will come to you.

As far as SJW's creating backlash, well maybe, but SJW's are also used as a political scapegoat, used to avoid doing the right thing.

so am I to understand that until very recently, Transgender people didn't go to the potty?

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: queenofswords

It’s true that things have gotten a little better for the straight white males. They can vote now, even though it took a hundred years. They can go to any college/university. They can even be CEO’s and doctors if they want! What’s really amazing is that it didn’t take any civil wars, or laws or protests or marches, or anything silly like that. People just automatically decided on their own to start treating straight white males better. They just felt bad about the whole thing. So... yay people!

while you sarcastically put down straight white men, while sitting atop a high horse talking about how badly transgenders have been put down, it's hard to take anything you say seriously.

But to help you understand my point (which may not be possible) I'll try this.

prior to this thread, had I seen this person walking into, or out of a mens room, I wouldn't have thought twice about it. He looks like a he. So unless he was a drama queen and needed attention, he would be just fine. Nobody would know he had a vajayjay.

If he looked a bit more ambiguous, then perhaps there would be a question, but without that context, I really can't say.

Does that make any sense to you at all, or are you just going to rail on against everyone who doesn't bend to your will?

You mean she? Dudes don't have vajayjays. The person you are referring to is a female, only females can have vaginas and only males can have a penis.

ETA: but yeah you have a point. If I seen HER going into or out of a men's restroom I would think nothing of it.
edit on 10/24/2018 by Alien Abduct because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Thirty-two percent of transgender people said they limited the amount they ate or drank at least once in the previous year so they did not need to use a public restroom. Eight percent reported having a kidney or urinary tract infection, or another kidney-related medical issue, because they avoided restrooms.

www.reuters.com...

It’s all fake news though, because it’s really only straight white males who have had trouble with public restrooms.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

I know, right?! It’s amazing how straight white males have been the only males who have had problems with parental rights in divorces. Black males, Asian males, gay males - no problems at all. Judges just hand those kids over to them, no questions asked. Unbelievable!

What’s really bad is how easy it’s been for gay males to adopt needy children - especially from religious adoption agencies. But if you’re a straight white male? Forgeddaboudit.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Must've had some coffee today.

ROFLMAO.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Thirty-two percent of transgender people said they limited the amount they ate or drank at least once in the previous year so they did not need to use a public restroom. Eight percent reported having a kidney or urinary tract infection, or another kidney-related medical issue, because they avoided restrooms.

www.reuters.com...

It’s all fake news though, because it’s really only straight white males who have had trouble with public restrooms.

Exactly how many people in this country are transgender? About 0.44% of the country. So you are talking about 32% of 0.44% which is 0.14% of the country....Not enough for this to even be on our radar as an important issue. This whole conversation is silly.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

I know. It only matters what straight white males are going through. They got the numbers, God bless ‘em.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 11:42 AM
link   

a reply to: Alien Abduct

I know. It only matters what straight white males are going through. They got the numbers, God bless ‘em.

you should go back and read this thread again, and read your comments. I'd be really embarrassed to have typed the sh!t you did here. Rather than continue to dig, why not regroup and pretend that you didn't just act like an imbecile for many pages.

Kindergarten is where that kind of talk belongs. Grow up.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Trick question!

"Bath" rooms arent available in most places other than home or a Gym, so I'd say use the Restroom or "Loo".

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 11:47 AM
link   

??????

I’m just agreeing with Alien Abduct! What’s your problem, Dude? You got something against straight white males???

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Wow, love you too.

#PredjudiceDoesntBelongHere

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Butterfinger

#PrejudiceAgainstSWMDoesntBelongHere

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

I honestly don't even understand what you're on about...

Of course there are good and bad in both sexes... There's good and bad in every group. That's a given. I've already acknowledged this.

You can talk about "equality" all you want in lots of different contexts. But when it comes to men and women committing violent acts, the numbers are not equal.

Am I supposed to want women to be more violent so we can be "equal" to men?

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 12:07 PM
link   

SWM? "Strange Women-Men" is a terrible name for Trans folk

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Butterfinger

SWM? "Strange Women-Men" is a terrible name for Trans folk

Straight White Males, silly. You know, the truly oppressed among us.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join