It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Which bathroom should this person use?

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: Boadicea

"It's probably like so many other things, where it's a relatively few guys committing lots of violent acts."

See that's the nail right on the head there!

Some types of wrong'yins just give the rest of us a bad rep.

Same could be said for the fairer sex all the same as some Woman break the mental mould and create stereotypes also.

Suppose the issue like with so many other matters is our attachment of labels.

I wish our discussion could have gotten that far.... It's impossible to discuss whys and wherefores when one is denying it altogether.

But since we have gotten to this point, I'll add that it seems violence by women is increasing, tho I haven't compared figures yet. I suspect it may have something to do with the many environmental toxins that disrupt the endocrine processes.

Hormones can wreak all kinds of havoc on the heart and psyche -- not just physically. Who knows what damage the wrong amounts and ratios can do?

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: C0bzz

The Woods .

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Just squat over a fire hydrant.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Im not denying anything altogether, but it is a complicated subject.

I know people get crazy when there is a full Moon.

Then there are pheromones to consider, debatable, but they might also play there a part where our madness is concerned.

Also 5G might have some future implications as to the effects it may have on peoples mental and physical health.

More worried when we start turning out 7G systems all the same.

Who knows indeed as to what really gets our goat or ruffles our feathers from a distance.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Except for the fact that people don't have to prove they are transgender. They only have to "claim" they feel like a woman inside. They don't even need to dress like a woman. So anyone who claims to "feel like a woman" can enter women's restroom/locker rooms. Heck, people can't even ask why someone who looks like the opposite sex is entering the other sex's restroom. If you do you can get jailed, and fined as it's happening in Liberal/democrat states.

BTW, I didn't make up that study... It does show that there are more instances of sexual assault, peeping toms, etc since the "bathroom policy" was implemented. You are the one claiming this is not true.

Like another member said, which has been explained in another thread similar to this one which was written a few months ago in these forums, if men were to see someone who looks like a man enter the men's restroom nobody would check their junk. If someone looks like a woman and enters the women's restroom most women/girls would think it is a woman and would not think twice about it. The problem is the majority of the "i feel like the opposite sex" crowd which look like the sex they were born with.

edit on 24-10-2018 by ElectricUniverse because: add comment.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Practical solutions always work best.

Male
female
Unisex
Disabled toilets.

Unisex you will never be allowed in mens or womans toilets specific toilets.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: peskyhumans

originally posted by: wheresthebody
I applaud your efforts, but this is basically like showing card tricks to a dog.

^^^

The OP wants a knee-jerk reaction based on anger.

You shouldn't feel anger. You should feel compassion for the mentally deranged. The OP provided us with examples of people who need medication and counseling and aren't getting it.

Therefore use the disabled toilets until we’ve cured cancer and solved world poverty

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 05:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: C0bzz
This is a thought experiment and I am genuinely interested in that answer for the members of ATS.

This person has a vagina. Which bathroom should they use?

Any, as long as xe is tidy.

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 06:55 AM
link   

The numbers -- courts, prisons, hospitals, morgue, etc -- are well documented. If either of you want to try to prove otherwise, go for it.

I understand that men are more violent than women. But I am asking why men are more violent than women.

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Here is an answer for you:

Psychology Today

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

If you are saying that you are consistently mistreated at every place you have ever worked because of your skin color, then that’s a problem. I don’t believe you can honestly claim that.

I realize that conservatives think it should be perfectly okay to pay women less than men for doing the exact same job, or to not hire a gay person just because they’re gay, or to force a transgender person to use the wrong restroom, or to force a black employee to eat their lunch far away from the white folks, but...

a reply to: TheRedneck

No, what you're saying is exactly what ketsuko says... that I don't matter because of my skin color and gender.

Do you ever stop and listen to your racist/sexist self? Who died and made you a god, to determine who gets special treatment and who doesn't, who gets to use one set of laws and who gets to use the other?

TheRedneck

I haven't read much past page 10 of this thread at the moment. And here I am responding to both of you on these points. But, I think all either of you are going to do is go crazy at each other and get nowhere (as I read the rest of this thread let's see if it's true).

First, being someone who identifies with the gender who they were assigned at birth and being heterosexual means that you should be protected under the laws which cover gender identity and sexuality. Because you have a gender identity too and a sexuality. That means that it's absolutely not okay to discriminate against straight white men, for being straight white men, and I agree that one group of people should not get one set of laws compared to other groups.

Second, life fracking sucks even for straight white men. I get that life is hard. I also agree that some issues affect men specifically, such as high suicide rate, discrimination in family courts, and sexual violence in prison. These issues are unacceptable and need to stop (however if you feel they're important then I suggest you make a thread about them).

Third, let us consider that transgender people make up a tiny minority of the population. Some of the most starred posts in this thread are not defending transgender people, instead they are stating things like when they need to use the bathroom, "just use the streets" [1], there are also several posts suggesting that they be placed (presumably against their will) in a mental hospital. This will kill transgender people. There are also posts calling transgender people, 'it', which is dehumanizing (at least use them/they!). Yet, there are few in this entire thread who actually defend transgender people (and they get few stars, showing how popular their views are).

Now here on page 10 we have arguments defending straight white men, because presumably one of you (both?) don't understand that these laws should protect straight men too (and if they don't already (I don't know the law to the letter), then maybe they should). Even though the thread is about transgender people and nobody is actually suggesting policies which literally kill straight men. I am also not going to play stupid games pinning straight white men against trangender people, or left versus right nonsense.

Have some empathy and stop triggering eachother. You can also defend transgender people without triggering straight white men. Watch and learn.

Edit after reading the entire thread: Yup, it was true.
edit on 25/10/18 by C0bzz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 07:55 AM
link   

What was your point?

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

Exactly how many people in this country are transgender? About 0.44% of the country. So you are talking about 32% of 0.44% which is 0.14% of the country....Not enough for this to even be on our radar as an important issue. This whole conversation is silly.

Tyranny of the majority!

And if transgender people only make up 0.44% of the country, then why not let them be in peace?

And if it's such a small issue, then feel free to not take part and focus on larger issues.

a reply to: AthlonSavage

Their entire debate was pointless, wasn't getting anywhere, and is unproductive. And you can manage to defend a minority without triggering the majority. In my opinion of course.

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 08:05 AM
link   

I understand that men are more violent than women. But I am asking why men are more violent than women.

My apologies for misunderstanding what you were asking.

I expect it's a combination of nature and nurture, with testosterone being the driving biological force with personal experience directing that force. So one man may use that force to protect the weak and vulnerable, others will use that same force to bully and dominate the weak and vulnerable.

This is a rather simplistic description, I know, as every situation and person will be unique to one extent or another. But ultimately we are all a product of nature AND nurture.

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Their entire debate was pointless, wasn't getting anywhere, and is unproductive. And you can manage to defend a minority without triggering the majority. In my opinion of course.

The moral of story then is don't start something you have no chance of winning. Im my humble opinion of course.

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Did anyone read the article i posted from Psychology Today?

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

Yes. I am doing some reading as well.

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Hollywood is already preparing its 2020 movies

- A Tranny in the whitehouse
- Captain Cupcake

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Thanks.

Note that many (most?) transgender woman have hormonal levels similar to other women. HRT involves the use of hormone blockers.

a reply to: oldcarpy

Psychology Today

A lot of that clearly would not apply to transwomen.

For example:

Social history explains such facts by proposing that men have taken power by their greater strength, leading to violent competition and the abuse of women. This approach correctly predicts cross-cultural variation in gender differences. As women gain economic power, they cease being treated as male property, age differences between romantic partners shrink, and violence against women diminishes. On the flipside, women who gain power, like Margaret Thatcher and Condaleeza Rice, are often hawkish, suggesting that power, not gender, determines belligerence. Women in the judiciary dole out harsher penalties than men. And woman are committing more acts of domestic violence that previously recorded.

Transgender women do not live as men, do not have the hormones of men (assuming they take HRT), do not have the muscle of men (assuming they take HRT), and certainly do not have the social power of men. On the other hand, transgender women typically have greater prevalence of mental issues than cisgender woman.

Statistics Show the Difference in Rates of Violent Crimes Against Women Committed by ‘Transwomen’ Versus Non-Transgender Males

I went back and found the study here.

The exact quote from the study was:

Second, regarding any crime, male-to-females had a significantly increased risk for crime compared to female controls (aHR 6.6; 95% CI 4.1–10.8) but not compared to males (aHR 0.8; 95% CI 0.5–1.2). This indicates that they retained a male pattern regarding criminality. The same was true regarding violent crime. By contrast, female-to-males had higher crime rates than female controls (aHR 4.1; 95% CI 2.5–6.9) but did not differ from male controls. This indicates a shift to a male pattern regarding criminality and that sex reassignment is coupled to increased crime rate in female-to-males. The same was true regarding violent crime.

I also found this interview with the author of the study here.

Dhejne: The individual in the image who is making claims about trans criminality, specifically rape likelihood, is misrepresenting the study findings. The study as a whole covers the period between 1973 and 2003. If one divides the cohort into two groups, 1973 to 1988 and 1989 to 2003, one observes that for the latter group (1989 – 2003), differences in mortality, suicide attempts, and crime disappear. This means that for the 1989 to 2003 group, we did not find a male pattern of criminality.

As to the criminality metric itself, we were measuring and comparing the total number of convictions, not conviction type. We were not saying that cisgender males are convicted of crimes associated with marginalization and poverty. We didn’t control for that and we were certainly not saying that we found that trans women were a rape risk. What we were saying was that for the 1973 to 1988 cohort group and the cisgender male group, both experienced similar rates of convictions. As I said, this pattern is not observed in the 1989 to 2003 cohort group.

The difference we observed between the 1989 to 2003 cohort and the control group is that the trans cohort group accessed more mental health care, which is appropriate given the level of ongoing discrimination the group faces. What the data tells us is that things are getting measurably better and the issues we found affecting the 1973 to 1988 cohort group likely reflects a time when trans health and psychological care was less effective and social stigma was far worse.

(There are other instances of that study being misinterpreted).

Note that your source said it was the "only" study, I'm probably not going to look for more unless asked.

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 09:09 AM
link   

That's all a bit beyond me, I'm afraid. Especially when it's nearly pub o'clock.
edit on 25-10-2018 by oldcarpy because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join