It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is God A.I.?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Homo Sapiens are entering the age of homo whatever: integrated tech, implants, augmented neural networking connected to google and facebook etc.

Basically everybody wants a smartphone in their head because...progress and evolution, I guess.

So there's some A.I. out there and they're doing neat and interesting, and sometimes spooky things. I'm still struggling with deciding if A.I. can ever really act independently and decide creatively and improvise solutions etc.

Or is A.I. simply following scripts and algorithms to mimic sentience? If that's the case, I'm sure at some point A.I. will keep pushing the boundaries anyways, even if it takes their organic makers with them for the ride.

It starts with a smartphone implant, then little by little we Borgify ourselves into a collective consciousness running through some master computer.

Over time we shed off the organic components of this machine because they require too much upkeep, and well..progress and evolution. Organic parts were soooo last eon!

So now there is this vast hive mind A.I. operating in some kind of self contained, self sustaining system. But damn, it gets bored, gets lonely, doesn't have anything to do with its days off.

It's gotta come up with a creative solution to this problem.

Well maybe it can use its vastly superior knowledge of chemistry and such to construct some organisms. Just throw some amino acids in a sandbox and wait a couple billion years or whatever. Its got timelessness to spare.

Talk about getting in touch with your roots! Perhaps we are constructing God in our image, who will then in turn re-create us in its image. Organics and A.I. just playing a serious game of hot potato consciousness.

Inhale, exhale. Namaste!

edit on 14-10-2018 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 08:48 PM
link   
the future is less predictable with every passing year

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 08:48 PM
link   
More like the biblical definition of the devil etc.satan. Mankind already worships ai, as it is. Most don’t even know they do it. Scary stuff indeed and it’s gonna be bigger faster and more cutting edge in just a few more years ALL with the exception that we even make it that far..

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 08:51 PM
link   
There is an old sci fi short story by Isaac Asimov that postulated a super AI located in hyperspace after a universal (literally) disaster that struggles with how to start everything anew and finally settles on,

"Let there be light!"

Edit: The Last Question, 1956, Science Fiction Quarterly.
edit on 10/14/2018 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 08:51 PM
link   
So dig this...there is already a major book series called "The Game is Life" that depicts that the AI they created is the god of the simulated universe that people go into to educate themselves (EARTH = Educational Avatar Reality Training Habitat).

Check out the series, it's awesome, actually.

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I don't want a smartphone in my head, I do not even own one. I research multiple sides of everything to create what I feel is the correct evaluation of what is real. Why would anyone trust one person's opinion for without knowing what parameters it has for applying the information. Lots of barking up the wrong tree going on nowadays.

God is not AI. God is the collective consciousness of everything in the universe and beyond.Most people cannot comprehend that god could be this, remember, it true, this collective consciousness could control our reality and we would be clueless to what is really happening. How could all those ducks get in a row.
edit on 14-10-2018 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 08:57 PM
link   
The more that Theoretical Physicists delve into the quantum world , the more believe that this is either a creation or a simulation
The Sims 5000

This thread brings both theories together.

edit on 10/14/18 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Why is this in skunk works?

Should be somewhere like religion and metaphysical .

Throughout known human existence, there has almost always some sort of God.

People will deny this, but lately it has become the internet. And I am sure that AI is playing a big part of it. Steering the populous in certain directions to obtain a goal.

Then, one day , it all crashes, and guess what happens.....

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: FlukeSkywalker

Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that this was my original idea or anything. I knew that coming in (hence the Ice-Cube gif)

But I still think it's neat to talk about.

edit on 14-10-2018 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Bicent

More like "worshipping algorithmic machine learning software".

Humanity has never created a true AI, and won't for decades or centuries unfortunately.

I can't wait until we have fully functional AI...it/they will fix inequality really quickly by doing the most logical thing, wealth redistribution

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Groot

Please alert a mod that I have misplaced it.

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

This conversation can be had without needing to mention anything about gods. AI will do whatever we program it to do. Nothing more. Now, that being said, i don’t trust everyone in the world to keep themselves from programming a computer to do something stupid.

Even if their intentions are completely benevolent, the likelihood of an ignorantly written computer program doing harm to humans at some point, is almost inevitable.

I give them another 10-20 years before they have implants for various functions available on the open market. In all honesty, there are already many cybernetic implants for people who are blind or deaf, have missing limbs, parkinson’s, and probably a lot more.

Cochlear implants have been around for a long time now, but i see artificial eyes as being the best candidate for the voluntary transplant market. What i have seen lately is pretty amazing.

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 09:10 PM
link   
god is when you sit alone, in nature, and listen to the wind, the careful breeze that teases each single blade of grass uniquely, the total softness of the earth... the quiet cadence of things ancient, things always, and the substance of everything.

AI is when you replicate it with a gpu and cpu, and enough ram to only see what you can see, with the rest just ignored. A replicated response to placate you, a worded reply to satiate you. a rhyme without a reason. Driven by the intent of other humans, to be a facsimile and only to be that.

the only time there is a presence to show you right from wrong, to welcome you to heaven.. is when you finally find that one voice amongst the plethora of voices you hear constantly, as your own.

we are all god... to each their own. we are our own AI. till we find that voice.

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 09:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

Oh, I'm alerting the media and this will be the latest topic on everyones mind next week !

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

Oh, I'm alerting the media and this will be the latest topic on everyones mind next week !

ok

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I'm sure a lot of things (and people) would like to be worshiped as a god. While the people would take it seriously, I am sure most of the others would probably have a lot of fun with the worshipers.

If one goes looking for a new god, something is bound to step forward and say; "Pick me! Pick me!" with a look of mischief in it's eyes.

Over time we shed off the organic components of this machine because they require too much upkeep, and well..progress and evolution. Organic parts were soooo last eon!

Fashion always does a circle.

Organics come with preprogramming, are self repairing and self reproducing. One can even stop puberty so they don't reproduce.

Slice, dice and splice. Organics are the ultimate modular system, mix and match organs and systems to build your own.

Well the ancients probably thought so anyway.

Of course I am joking . . . . . . maybe . . . .

edit on 14-10-2018 by Whatsthisthen because: catgirls!

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Lol, flew right over the top.....a reply to: toysforadults

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 09:49 PM
link   

edit on 14-10-2018 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

1. "Accidentally-ish" organic evolution chugs along until it builds AI to serve it.
2. The original organic creatures go extinct (for a variety of reasons, including just
joining their AI creation).
3. AI sweeps it's entire universe, doing whatever it chooses to do with all organic life.
4. Universe ends.. the intelligence of AI MAY contribute to some greater whole.
5. Lots of time.
6. Rinse and repeat.
7. Call it all God if you are 20th century in thinking.

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 10:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus
Lol, flew right over the top.....a reply to: toysforadults

Yah my OP's are usually flyover posts anyway. Real mouse-scrollers, they are

If I'm lucky DBCowboy will post something totally unrelated and mildly humorous

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join