It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pope blames devil for Church woes, seeks angel’s help!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Someone should really tell this fella he’s the devil and no angels are coming to save him.

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 06:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Exactly.
I believe that satan must be delighted that he could corrupt the Church and turn so many away from faith.

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: OrionHunterX

OK POPE , what about you know the humans responsible actually just taking the blame ! , nothing to do with the devil
its humans who have the darkness in them , thanks to god who made us like him!

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 07:04 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

Nice to know here is one person who gets it.

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 07:07 AM
link   
a reply to: AthlonSavage

The Romans were the ones who crucified him. Its not like he went to Barneys and ordered a crown of thorns.
The Christians are not responsible for what happened to him they choose to remember this about him.
You seem confused to me.

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 07:09 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 07:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

You seem confused to me.

Its there here and now that matters and if you in this day and age and/or people like you think its acceptable to show epiphanies of Christ bleeding on a cross then you a damn moron or a closet Satanist.

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Why because it's not pc-culture appropriate?

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 07:18 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 07:22 AM
link   

So much for taking personal responsibility for your choices. Dang that Satan!!!!!

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 07:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Why is not the question. Its plainly simple that a cross with someone being killed on it is not about Gods love at all. It is purely representing what it is a blood sacrifice for Satan.

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 07:32 AM
link   

I have no shame in admitting I’m Catholic but I’m also one of those that believes that a personal connection with god is more important than warming the pews every weekend. I don’t agree with many actions of the church but they are after all run by man and thus fallible, to blame it on evil is disengenious IMO. ext

This is not meant to be sarcastic or demeaning. I would really like to know why you continue to be a part of a group that promotes and protects pedophilia? I accept the fallibility of man run groups but this is organized protection of pedophiles? Not to mention the multitude of other things they have done throughout history. Also, it seems like you don't even really buy the dogma?? Why do people overlook all that, and still support such an organization?

edit on 9-10-2018 by pointessa because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: pointessa

because , apparently thats the folly of man , and not god !

yet clearly glossing over the fact god created man , and our ability , sorry weakness to succumb to the easiest thing int he world to do is be negative, abusive , corrupt , its #ing pish easy to be bad requires no effort

being good , or just , honorable , right , morale , requires conviction and discipline and energy and patience!

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 07:40 AM
link   

No. It's representation of unconditional love. Someone giving his life for strangers.

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 07:49 AM
link   
But if you tell somebody that you maybe saw an UFO, you suddenly are, for many, the most retarded conspiracy nut that believes in nothing else than science fiction fairytales.

Or, parents forbid their kids to talk with their imaginary friends, send them to psychologists, give them Ritalin or whatever, just to "make the kids normal again". But next sunday these parents maybe run into the next idol worshipping center and talk to their imaginary friend, their "god". Who needs a place on the couch now?

Nobody said it better on video than Stephen Fry:

Asked what he would say if he was confronted by God at the pearly gates of heaven, Fry replied: “I’d say, bone cancer in children? What’s that about?

“How dare you? How dare you create a world to which there is such misery that is not our fault. It’s not right, it’s utterly, utterly evil.

“Why should I respect a capricious, mean-minded, stupid God who creates a world that is so full of injustice and pain. That’s what I would say. ”

Mr Byrne’s second question, “And you think you are going to get in, like that?” only served to fuel his anger.

"But I wouldn't want to," Fry insisted. “I wouldn't want to get in on his terms. They are wrong.

"Now, if I died and it was Pluto, Hades, and if it was the 12 Greek gods then I would have more truck with it, because the Greeks didn’t pretend to not be human in their appetites, in their capriciousness, and in their unreasonableness… they didn’t present themselves as being all-seeing, all-wise, all-kind, all-beneficent, because the god that created this universe, if it was created by god, is quite clearly a maniac… utter maniac, totally selfish.

“We have to spend our life on our knees thanking him? What kind of god would do that?

"So, atheism isn’t not just about not believing there’s a God, but on the assumption there is one, what kind of God is he?”

Btw, can´t fix the video link. Maybe "god" is fooling me, or is it the "devil"?

edit on 9 10 2018 by DerBeobachter because: (video link)

edit on 9 10 2018 by DerBeobachter because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Ahh religious people. Terrorism, child molestation and rape, theft, and personal enrichment at the expense of the flock.

Address the problem and get the bad apples arrested? Nope, blame the devil....that'll teach 'em.

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 10:19 AM
link   

That is a very very wrong interpretation
Jesus death was about justice , not about a sacrifice for satan

No different from a father paying a fine for a crime one of his children commits

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 10:20 AM
link   
The leader of a church believes in church tenants?

Big surprise here folks!

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 11:52 AM
link   

I'm not catholic or very religious, but if the devil is real I would imagine the church would be one of his main targets.

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Aaah, the shock and horror of people towards a Pope saying something the Church has been saying since...
1 AD.

Why the surprise? Battling satan and asking for the help of an Archachangel has pretty much been their thing for 2000 years.

edit on 9-10-2018 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join