It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pope blames devil for Church woes, seeks angel’s help!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: OrionHunterX

So the Devil done it eh?

Nothing to do with there priest cast tampering with young boys since time immemorial, and then covering it up?

Where does it say anywhere in the Bible that Satan, Lucifer or the Devil is a pedophile?

Lest face it pedophilia is a very Human issue and nothing to do with God or his counterpart.

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 12:18 PM
link   
The Pope isn't Satan?

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Likely hood of this path being taken for solution - 99.5%

Likely hood of this path being a viable solution - 0.0000000001%

It make much sense.

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 03:28 PM
link   
As to the thread... hmm, no surprise the Pope thinks there is a devil. As there is no surprise their church is the playground of such a beast, if it exists.

Perhaps god inspired me to say whatever happens in "their" head does not necessarily reflect our larger, shared reality out "there." "There," that's better.

I'm no paragon of English usage but the devil is, truly, "there" in the details... and THEIR is possessive (possessed in this thread, more like!).

As to the subject and atheists wondering about childhood cancer, perhaps the watchmaker model is true, or god died of the entropy that he created, or it's all a school of hard knocks for the soul and we'll all be fine, eventually, as this reality is only a virtual school leaving virtual psychological scarring, or ??? None o that is doctrine, but I wonder. Oh, and if one god popped into existence, somehow, then could another? More? Blasphemy? Then why did god give us just enough cognitive power to come up with questions about faith and then expect us to accept without proof as some kind of test?

Ultimately, our neural hardware isn't up to the task of scraping the surface of consciousness or first causation, but I will agree that it's truly mind-blowing there are minds at all! And... the spiritual is likely primary, but religion is the domain of flawed creations.

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I'm glad they finally identified the culprit:

Although from what I've read about angels, they're just horrible and only generally show up when the SHTF. Seeing an angel is rarely anything but bad news.

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 04:53 PM
link   

LOL , that Crazy Pope Francis , the Devil is Always in his Details .

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767

Why have you called the Devil "Lord"?

I have but one God and that is the Lord whom is the Father Yahweh, the Son Yeshua and the Holy Spirit one God in the holy trinity.

Why would you refer to a murderer, liar and deceiver not to mention false accuser.

He is no Lord except to those that name him such and the Devil is very much behind the woes of the church with his own priesthood infiltrated into the rank's of the Vatican right up to the highest level's on more than one occasion over the century's.

There are TWO church's which are meant to mirror one another, one below on the earth that is supposed to obey the rule laid down by St Peter - not by Constantine and his formerly pagan priesthood whom were professional priests which merely changed religion to maintain there status in society when he banned there old religion's.

Relax buddy!!! I was being sarcastic when I called Satan 'Lord'!!

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Sigh.

More transference of responsibility for evil actions carried out.

If a man embarks on a mass shooting spree or blows up a bomb in a crowded area and says God told him to do it, we judge him as criminally insane. Yet the Pope expects the world to believe that the Devil is manipulating the minds of those priests who fall foul to their base desires.

Here's a suggestion: it's not the devil that's to blame, it's the priests. And the Catholic Church itself. It indoctrinates its priests to follow a celibate lifestyle, ignore natural physical stimulae and suppress natural human desires. Just as otherwise heterosexual men held long term in prisons have been known to engage in homosexual behaviour purely for physical release, some priests do the same - but they likely find it easier as they are figures of authority and trust, and often in the company of young, vulnerable and impressionable children. Young boys in particular seem to be targeted often, likely because pre-pubescent males - prior to growing body hair, developing muscles and gaining a deeper voice - have an effeminacy about them.

The priests are of course fully responsible for their own actions, but I think we would be fools to think such a lifestyle forced upon them would not lead to some kind of abnormal behaviour from them. The Church bears some responsibility here.

I find it comical that a couples getting married in a Catholic wedding here in Ireland (and I assume in other countries) have to undertake a pre-wedding course given by a priest, which promises to teach you skills and knowledge to enhance your marriage. And I feel qualified to talk about this as I took the course at one time. I clearly remember sitting halfway through the course wondering why the hell I was even there, with a man - who was likely a virgin - preaching to me about how I should conduct myself in a marriage.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 07:31 AM
link   
I would sort of agree with the nutter here but my devil is very different to his. He and his servants are pure devils.
It is now time to bust the vatican files for the world to see what REALLY goes on behind them closed doors.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Redback

The financials alone would be interesting I'm sure, never mind all the other pies they've got fingers in.

For an organisation that preaches charity, looking after the poor and denounces the pursuit of material wealth in line with Jesus' teachings, they fact it is worth $8 billion in assets alone is nothing short of sheer hypocrisy.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Good to hear.

But be careful you don't sign anything without reading it ha.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 12:12 PM
link   
They still wont accept responsibility... what a joke

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Redback
I would sort of agree with the nutter here but my devil is very different to his.

My devil always tells me that I'm doing the right thing and that I can be true to myself and help people and everything will turn out okay in the end. What a liar.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Tell him to tell his employees to keep their pants on.

That’s the logical first step.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Are you referring to the guy who continually relays the "repent" message to the round about world... ?!?

edit on 11-10-2018 by Pinocchio because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Want to solve churches problems Mr pope here is the steps you must take.

Step 1. Any and all priests ,bishops ,nuns or any other members of your church who are accused of touching and abusing children turn over to local authorities , do not aid them by moving them to another church in a new community so they can have fresh hunting grounds.

Step 2 any person's in the church administrative sections like bishops and the like that have aided these pedophiles in the past who are still in church need to be kicked out of church and excommunicated from your faith because they violated their most sacred thing to protect their followers.

Step 3 tell the Vatican bank to start writing checks to all known victims past and present of this type of behavior. To many times when courts determined church should pay victims the local diocese will claim that they are broke and all they own is tied up in church and other buildings this is a lie the Vatican bank has deep assets and has been lending money to countries for centuries.

Step 4 quit demanding poor people in poor countries to be fruitful and multiply so you have more followers to put monies in your plate.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 08:08 PM
link   
It's not the Devil plaguing the Church. Its homosexual predators. The Church needs to excise all homosexuals from its ranks to gain back trust.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 03:39 AM
link   

whell, on one hand the vatican means "The Divining Serpent."
On The Other Hand it is Called. "The True Church of Jesus Christ."

Whell, A Good (or Bad) Pastor once Told me, There Are Good and Bad People in The Church,
And in The Bible in Genesis, The Story of The Knowledge of Good And Evil,
And How The Serpent Told Them "You will be like God, Knowing Good and Evil."
And Then God Said, "The Man has Become Like one of us, Knowing Good and Evil."

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 04:28 AM
link   
a reply to: TheMessengerOfGod

few will truely repent on that anyway. even i was called a bad bad very bad woman. so be it.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 12:19 PM
link   

"Pope blames devil for Church woes, seeks angel’s help!"

It's probably one of the little angels help he's after to remove his Cassock.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join