It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Pope Francis Delegitimizing Accusers Of Clerical Sex Abuse By Calling Them Allies Of Satan?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 06:17 PM
link   
The main reason I'm no longer a practicing Catholic, is because of the rampant sexual abuse committed by priests worldwide, within the Catholic Church. In addition, I'm appalled at how church leaders have attempted to silence the victims and coverup the abuse by members of the clergy. The church has compensated many victims over the years, because of out-of-court settlements and civil suit cases.

In a new report from BishopAccountability—a nonprofit that tracks abuse allegations within the Catholic Church—the out-of-court settlements and civil suit cases have cost the church a staggering $3.8 billion.

churchleaders.com...

Recently, it was revealed how there were over '300 predator priests who abused more than 1,000 children in six Catholic dioceses in Pennsylvania from the 1940s through the early 2000s.' The Vatican responded back in August, that it felt 'shame and sorrow' over this incident. Pope Francis stated that he's on the side of the victims and wants 'to listen to them.'

Regarding the report made public in Pennsylvania this week, there are two words that can express the feelings faced with these horrible crimes: shame and sorrow.

The Holy Father understands well how much these crimes can shake the faith and the spirit of believers and reiterates the call to make every effort to create a safe environment for minors and vulnerable adults in the Church and in all of society. Victims should know that the Pope is on their side.

Those who have suffered are his priority, and the Church wants to listen to them to root out this tragic horror that destroys the lives of the innocent.

churchleaders.com...

Why then would Pope Francis now discredit accusers of clergy sex abuse, by calling them 'allies of the devil' at a morning mass on Thursday, September 13?

the pope used his homily at morning Mass to once again condemn accusers as allies of the devil.

The Christian path always presents a crossroads, Francis said. On the one hand there us “the invitation of the Lord” to be merciful, an invitation that is a grace, a grace of sonship, to resemble the father. On the other hand, there is “the great accuser, Satan, who urges us to accuse others, to destroy them.”

The pope’s pointed reflections came just two days after he preached a similar homily in which he said that Satan, the “Great Accuser,” has been unleashed against the bishops of the Church.

www.breitbart.com...

Today, at a Mass in front of 80,000 people in Sicily, Pope Francis pleaded with Sicily’s Mafia 'to abandon a life of crime and violence.'

Pope Francis appealed to Sicily’s Mafia on Saturday to abandon a life of crime and violence, saying the island needed “men and women of love, not men and women ‘of honor,’” using the term mobsters apply to themselves.

“A person who is a Mafioso does not live as a Christian because with his life he blasphemes against the name of God,” Francis said in the sermon of a Mass from some 80,000 people in the port area of the Sicilian capital.

www.reuters.com... s&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+reuters%2FtopNews+%28News+%2F+US+%2F+Top+News%29

Maybe Pope Francis should say the same thing to some of his Cardinals, Bishops and Priests, who abuse their power and authority of the Catholic Church, by participating and covering up sexual abuse. Isn't this blasphemy too?? Sorry to inform you Pope Francis, but 'the great accuser, Satan' has now manifested himself within the Catholic Church and you're too blind to acknowledge it.

edit on 9/15/2018 by shawmanfromny because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 06:26 PM
link   
The pope should take the blame seeing how he speaks for the whole of the church... Victims are not the satan he is the one be satany.

Him taking on the mafia like that makes me think the pope want to get assassinated or something, maybe to escape taking responsibility for the abuse.

He should excommunicate all the abusers after the first offence and file charges. The watch how there would be extremely less abuses.
edit on 15-9-2018 by watchandwait410 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 06:38 PM
link   
How do any of you know for sure that many of these children aren't simply young bodies being inhabited by adult spirits and/or demonic entities who purposely entice the priests, who they know will give in easily? I mean, how do you REALLY KNOW this isn't happening and actually the result of these children being allies of the devil?

Look, I'm not trying to be controversial...or creepy. I'm speaking about hidden energy. Secrets of our existence, etc. Everything is not black and white and I believe there is a possibility that some children are possessed by demonic entities who are feeding off the sexual energy released when these kinds of forbidden things occur. Should the priests be able to control themselves? Maybe? Or maybe they know the truth and no one objectively observing knows the truth, therefore should not be able to make a proper judgement?

-not a priest, just a theorizer

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: FlukeSkywalker

WTF? So, I guess women who are sexually assaulted and raped around the world, must have this 'hidden energy' too. Have you actually read some of the child testimonies of these children who were abused by priests? Sorry to say, but your comment is beyond "creepy" and inappropriate as well!

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

Thank you, I appreciate your black and white response.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 06:49 PM
link   

They are all dark people. Yes even the ones who didn't touch a single child. There is no way in all the clouds in the sky that it was unknown that Priests were diddling children and when caught taken away and put in another church. I said it once and I'll say it again, if you believe in a god of any kind and you believe that mortal men/women represent or speak for your god well I feel sorry for you.

Wasn't it George Carlin who said: "If there is a god, no matter what kind you believe in do you honestly think that one of us little people would be able to understand a single thing that he says. Yeah a god creates a universe and a little old man with a big hat sitting on a chair understands. What a load of -"

(I've cleaned it up and removed some swearwords but if you know George you can guess where they went lol.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Here's a theory. Maybe this entire reality is satanic and the pope is right because everyone here is truly satanic, even if they hide it? So, even those innocent children are satanic. And even you, Mr. Poster.

Maybe everything about this terrible reality is evil. Just a theory...

edit on 15-9-2018 by FlukeSkywalker because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Don't worry he was joking, right? I hope so because if it really was a demon then those priests shouldn't be priest because they are weak and easily corrupted.

If energies were real then there is a whole lot that we aren't being told. which would be cool. but still they should just get a prostitute if the "energies" are to much.

Anyways it is the churches fault for making priest celibate, there's bound to be confusion.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Satan thinks he is God. In the eyes of Satan, God is Satan.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Prene

Tis better to have faith than to accept an unacceptable truth...

(and perhaps faith is the key to the REAL truth)

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I was raised Catholic as well and no longer attend church because of the same reasons. The Pope's comments are infuriating; I would argue to him that the clergy who abused the children and all of you who have hidden such acts are the satans in this! You have caused people to turn away from the church. Not only that but the damage done to a child who is molested can manifest into a life of crime for that child, i.e. Drug use, prostitution etc. of course not all, but some do fall into a life of crime.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 07:17 PM
link   

You are aware that Satan means accuser?

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlukeSkywalker
a reply to: Prene

Tis better to have faith than to accept an unacceptable truth...

(and perhaps faith is the key to the REAL truth)

What if faith is a misdirect to keep you from the real truth which is... idk but maybe you never know.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: watchandwait410

I'm going to have faith that ultra strong belief conquers supposed real truth. But ONLY if the real truth is something you will not accept.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Toolman18

That's but one of many definitions of Satan...are you aware of that?

For those who believe that the victim is somehow complicit in the temptation of the priest, are forgetting how Satan works. He wants to destroy the foundation of the Catholic Church...to lead it's clergy astray. The priest is the shepherd leading the flock. If the flock can't trust priests, the Catholic Church starts to implode. We're already seeing that today.

God describes Himself as a shepherd and we His people as the sheep of His flock. Those whom He sends to care for us are likewise called shepherds.

"A good shepherd, a pastor after God's heart, is the greatest treasure which the good Lord can grant to a parish, and one of the most precious gifts of divine mercy"

A good shepherd protects the flock and defends it from anything harmful or dangerous.

www.catholicherald.com...

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlukeSkywalker
How do any of you know for sure that many of children aren't simply young bodies being inhabited by adult spirits and/or demonic entities who purposely entice the priests, who they know will give in easily ? I mean, how do you REALLY KNOW this isn't happening and actually the result of these children being allies of the devil?

Look, I'm not trying to be controversial...or creepy. I'm speaking about hidden energy. Secrets of our existence, etc. Everything is not black and white and I believe there is a possibility that some children are possessed by demonic entities who are feeding off the sexual energy released when these kinds of forbidden things occur. Should the priests be able to control themselves? Maybe? Or maybe they know the truth and no one objectively observing knows the truth, therefore should not be able to make a proper judgement?

-not a priest, just a theorizer

First off, this is disgusting. Secondly, even if true and it is a demon, devil or adult ghost inhabiting a child, there is still the issue of grown men attracted to children. You said " entice the priests, who they know will give in easily", this seems normal to you? A normal adult would not be "enticed" by child not matter what they do, the only people "easily enticed by children" are pedophiles.

I laugh when there people who think the answer to all this pedophilia in church is to let them marry...Really...and how would that stop a pedophile? How exactly does that work, an adult attracted to children is all of a sudden going to stop being attracted to children because he/she got married? LMAO
edit on 15-9-2018 by 2smart4u because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I hope breitbart is just misrepresenting what the pope said because otherwise...
I don't know what the heck he is talking about!!!!

The case of the pregnant 9-year-old was shocking enough. But it was the response of the Catholic Church that infuriated many Brazilians. Archibishop Jose Cardoso Sobrinho of the coastal city of Recife announced that the Vatican was excommunicating the family of a local girl who had been raped and impregnated with twins by her stepfather, because they had chosen to have the girl undergo an abortion. The Church excommunicated the doctors who performed the procedure as well. "God's laws," said the archbishop, dictate that abortion is a sin and that transgressors are no longer welcome in the Roman Catholic Church. "They took the life of an innocent," Sobrinho told TIME in a telephone interview. "Abortion is much more serious than killing an adult. An adult may or may not be an innocent, but an unborn child is most definitely innocent. Taking that life cannot be ignored."

content.time.com...

but, allowing your priests to assault children should be covered up and ignored!!!
okay.....

I think if I was a catholic parent, I wouldn't let my little "demons" anywhere near those poor defenseless priests!!

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Maybe the predictions were true that he would indeed be the last pope.

Because he is systematically destroying his own church.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 09:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Whatthedoctorordered
Maybe the predictions were true that he would indeed be the last pope.

Because he is systematically destroying his own church.

I see I'm not the first one to think that.

Everyone assumes Malachy's prophecy is about the end of days, but it may just be about the Catholic Church's end of days.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Now....ya gotta read more.....the Catholic population is told that it is dangerous to read the Bible and to let the church read it for them......like confession is anti.....no ANTI BIBLICAL one can read it

We are not forgiven by confessing with our mouths.......or the deaf mutes are out of the circle....

The scripture they use is I think 1 Cor 3 : 9.... Not sure but if ya read one verse in front of that one...... it's just the opposite.

Stuff like that.
edit on 15-9-2018 by GBP/JPY because: IN THE FINE TEXAS TRADITION

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join