It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you really want the United States to be ruled by Conservative Trump style Republicans ?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Its not a choice between Conservative and the 'liberals of the past'. That's the issue.
It is a choice between Conservatives and radical authoritarian leftists who seek to shred the Constitution and seize power over every part of the people's lives - with great penalties for those that refuse to yield to their control.

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: vinifalou
a reply to: AlienView

I have a different question for you.

Do you really want the United States to be ruled by the Sadistic Liar Liberals, ruled by the spy-master Obama and his minions along with Hillary Killer-Clinton?

Did you see how those liberal protesters would hear the protester speaking and repeat word for word what they said? They looked like zombies. The ultimate peak of hypocrisy is when these people call Trump supporters the cult. My jaw hit the floor when I saw them, and then when they were beating on the doors during the Kav swearing in. Beating cars that drove by. It looked like the damn Middle Least. They have absolutely lost their friggin minds.

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 08:40 AM
link   
As opposed to people who hate the Constitution and don't even believe in due process anymore?

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: AlienView

originally posted by: Xtrozero

solidly Conservative base represent you?

When you say conservative do you mean Constitutional based?

Not really - what it means today as far as the Republican party is is less government and more power to corporations,
the United States, Inc.

Ultimately leading to an autocracy of big business - That is what politcal conservative has come to mean.

Some say the Democrats also represent autoratic rule of the elite - But for the moment they siill kick some back
to the middle and lower classes.

And, again at leat for now, if you give the Republicans complete control without at least some resistance from
the Domocrats - The corporate autocracty will make a complete and total takeover
and you can kiss a government of 'We the People' goodby

Extremely one sided view backed with the worn out oft used leftist notation that all it does is support corporations. Have worked for a small family run business for decades, a business thats supported 6-7 extended family groups since its inception. We have had are good years and bad years and sincerely would back whichever side helped this small family business prosper. We are in a niche business thats is hit hard when the economy tanks. The health care act alone made hiring and keeping full time employees impossible. At a time where we could have potentially had modest growth in our business. We werent alone many operations on both the wholesale and retail side were curtailed or outright shut down by these restrictions alone 2008-2016 Yet we refuse to just view the left as a bloated governmental regulated mess that throttles small businesses, even though a good case could be made for exactly that.

Of course it just a likely side effect of the economic cycle but our taxes and operating expenses are less and more importantly the retail side is seeing modest increases even in an areas with usually stagnant growth. This growth is evident in both rural and urban settings. Right now as a small business that struggled a bit during the previous administration why would you buck the trend when everything is going well. Small businesses employ millions of Americans too. Throw on top that as has been mentioned those Democratic fears of a Trump White House has failed to materialize.
edit on 9-10-2018 by putnam6 because: wording

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: randomtangentsrme

The coming election will determine the future of the United States for years to follow.

If the Republicans win in House and Senate elections Trump and those who have supported him will say 'we told you so'
- Americans want us and not the Liberals of the past.

Do you want this? - Does Donald Trump and his solidly Conservative base represent you?

He doen't represent me - Yes I was one of those Hillay haters that supported him in the last election.

But he lied - He came across as an independent - An outsider battling the consumate insider politcal establishment.

But his years in office so far has shown that Trump is a solid conservative Republcan who represents big money and big business.

So people who consider themselves to be independents, liberals who sometimes vote Republican - It is time for you to come out
in force and vote solidly Democratic - Don't give the Republicans any more power than they already have.

Of course if you are alreay rich and don't give a damn about anyone else - this does not apply.

We've tried a republican pres with a democrat congress. Not much change
We tried a democrat pres with a democrat congress. Not much change
We have a republican pres with a republican congress. Much change.
I like the way the economy is. The social doom and gloom that was suggested by the left wing has yet to manifest.
I'm fine with the way things have been going.

Perfect example of that is Bush's "recession." None of that started until the democrats took control of congress in 2007. Then the economy stayed stagnant until Republicans took control of Congress under Obama, that's when stocks started to rise and the economy started to get better. Once Trump became president and Republicans stayed in control of the Congress, unemployment hit historic lows, and consumer confidence and stocks hit historic highs.

It's definitely no coincidence. Liberals and their policies flat out suck, they're destructive for a country this size. Liberalism is quickly dying in most civilized countries. It's almost completely obliterated in Germany and it's on the verge of death here in America. People are waking up.

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: BrianFlanders
And no. Not particularly. I'm not exactly cool with a world without abortion. I think in this world, mandatory abortion makes far more sense than banning abortion. We couldn't go far wrong with a quota for mandatory abortions. A lottery, of sorts. No discrimination. Just a population limit. Bet you'd never get any politician to support that. And yet it makes more sense than at least half the laws these morons on both sides pass.

(I suspect what I've just said will be quite unpopular around here. LOL)

Do you know how babies are made? Start there. I'd fully support temporarily sterilizing low income families that can't afford a child and those who can but that don't want a child. Then they get what they want, lots of screwing whoever wherever whenever, and the responsible people get what they want, minimal food stamps, no abortions, and no unwanted children. It makes a hell of a lot more sense than drawing names and forcing abortions. That's just downright ignorant.

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: DBCowboy
So who are you gonna vote for?

Here ya go!
twitter.com...

LMAO! *gag*

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Do you want this? - Does Donald Trump and his solidly Conservative base represent you?

Let's see, the choice is between the party that used labels to destroy lives during Obama's administration, who screwed up health care, who tanked the economy, who sent all our jobs overseas, who wants to let more people in to take the few jobs that were left, who claimed "you didn't build that," who have threatened and harassed people for differing views, who openly and overtly tried to destroy an honest man over a bunch of crazy accusations for high school 36 years ago...

As opposed to the guy who has reinvogorated the economy, stood strong in negotiations, facilitated the return of US soldier remains, started peace talks with the greatest threat we faced, cut taxes, appointed constitutionalist judges, brought home jobs, is building a border wall, refused to hand over trillions of dollars to third-world countries over feel good policies that do nothing, and who has renegotiated NAFTA.

Let me think...

YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES!

Next question? Or does anyone need a clarification?

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: toms54
I like Trump generally but I would change some of his actions. The tax cut for example, Democrats oppose this. In fact, they want higher taxes. We should change the law so that Democrats must pay higher taxes. No reason we can't make everyone happy.

I agree 110%. They want higher taxes, they can have em. Their taxes can also go towards government assistance while mine goes to road construction and a border wall. A win for both sides.

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

If the left were still the liberals of the past I would be with you, but they aren't they morphed into some sort of garbage that has no business being in charge of wiping their own butts let alone running the country.

The left and liberals have always been different things but, hey, don't let that get in the way.

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

Perfect example of that is Bush's "recession." None of that started until the democrats took control of congress in 2007. Then the economy stayed stagnant until Republicans took control of Congress under Obama, that's when stocks started to rise and the economy started to get better. Once Trump became president and Republicans stayed in control of the Congress, unemployment hit historic lows, and consumer confidence and stocks hit historic highs.

Its reassuring to know that some people still can't grasp what the word "global" means, as in global economic crisis, let alone the shallower depths of economics and recovery.

TPTB thank you.

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 09:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: manta78

The coming election will determine the future of the United States for years to follow.

If the Republicans win in House and Senate elections Trump and those who have supported him will say 'we told you so'
- Americans want us and not the Liberals of the past.

He doen't represent me - Yes I was one of those Hillay haters that supported him in the last election.

But he lied - He came across as an independent - An outsider battling the consumate insider politcal establishment.

But his years in office so far has shown that Trump is a solid conservative Republcan who represents big money and big business.

So people who consider themselves to be independents, liberals who sometimes vote Republican - It is time for you to come out
in force and vote solidly Democratic - Don't give the Republicans any more power than they already have.

Of course if you are alreay rich and don't give a damn about anyone else - this does not apply.

Yes. And after 2024, maybe one or more of his children. Why not go for a dynasty that lasts for years!

I imagine mass exodus of libs to Canada and Mexico would then occur.

If Graham keeps the balls and backbone he finally grew, I'd actually vote for him. I didn't like him before a couple weeks ago. But he'd have to continue to be ballsy and not cower to his opponents. At this point, I'll take anyone with the balls to stand up to the left. But first I want Trump to finish out his second term.

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 09:04 AM
link   
yeaah ok.

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

Exactly.

I don't know if both sides are playing the same game and if it's all just a illusion to control the masses. Controlled opposition and stuff.

But seeing what the Democratic party is turning people into, I wouldn't even think to vote for them EVER if I lived in America.

We can say that the Republicans are the lesser of two evils for now.

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

originally posted by: visitedbythem
What the heck are you talking about?
How many years was Trump a Democrat? 90 % of his life? He just became a Republican. as far as I know. He is like the old school Democrats that stood against abortion on demand. Actually I like that about him. He sees abortion as murder.

He said he was 'very, extremely pro-choice,' in 1999, and stated that if he was president, he would not even want a ban on third trimester partial-birth abortions.

Link

I honestly don't understand how a person could pivot from that extreme position to the position that abortion is murder...and keep a straight face. I don't believe Trump has any personal convictions regarding abortion.

He explained that in 2015. During an interview, he was asked why he no longer supports it and he stated that it was because he saw a child aborted and it disgusted him. That's when he changed his mind about abortion. One incident can change your mind in a split second. Reagan was a former democrat just like Trump as well. People change.

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: vinifalou
a reply to: LSU2018

Exactly.

I don't know if both sides are playing the same game and if it's all just a illusion to control the masses. Controlled opposition and stuff.

But seeing what the Democratic party is turning people into, I wouldn't even think to vote for them EVER if I lived in America.

We can say that the Republicans are the lesser of two evils for now.

It's upsetting to have to vote republican because the other side sucks worse.

I always look at the candidates themselves, this time though, the parties have become so polarized, so angry, so extreme.

As a rule I will always opt and default towards more freedoms than less.

Lower taxes than higher.

Smaller government than bigger.

Democrats have gone full-on retard though and think that they can push higher taxes and bigger government just because of the hatred for Trump.

It's insane!

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: ntech

You don't honestly believe that the GOP will, in a majority, support term limits, do you?

A few years back, Washington state's 5th congressional districts congressman was Speaker of the House Tom Foley. The majority of us decided it was time for him to come home permanently...so we elected George Nethercutt (more fools we) to replace him. One of his grandious campaign promises was, you guessed it, Term Limits.

At that time, Washington state also passed an initiative compelling term limits. By a huge margin.

Would you like to guess the very first thing our boy Nethercutt did upon being sworn into office?? Yep, he helped file suit in Federal court to have the initiative overturned.

His time in Congress lasted one term. Thing is, he wasn't even remotely alone in that...

A term limits bill would never get out of committee, much less passed, in either House, much less both.

The only way that ever gets done, is by Constitutional amendment. Which will have no support in Congress, either. The only term limits that will ever come to pass, are those that are enforced by the voters.

It's even more important, now, to keep Republicans or even Independents in control. In fact, a more necessary time has never been seen in our lives. Democrats are openly calling for basically destroying everything in the Constitution that doesn't benefit them. This is extremely dangerous that it would even be considered behind closed doors, but they're doing it wide open in the public.

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

Ah, I should have looked before I commented. But I knew I remembered him explaining how a personal experience changed his mind about it.

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 09:16 AM
link   

a reply to: Alien Abduct

"So who are you gonna vote for?"

Last election, Presidential 2016, I voted straight Republican and for Trump.

Now, and possibly for no other reason, but the reasons I've stated about letting Republicans gain too much power,
I will vote straight Democratic.

You see with no real intelligent 'middle' of the road' and the parties living in a constant state of war with few, if any good
ideas to agree upon - you have to vote to keep their dickheaded idiocy from getting out of control.

As someone said earlier, and as annoying as it is to see constant gridlock, until real statesmen [or stateswomen]
appear - The American political system is dysfunctional and often dangerous. We have to vote to keep it under control

That's good. Smart move, very intelligent, way to think ahead, vote for the party that's beginning to run with wanting to change everything in the Constitution that doesn't benefit them, starting with eliminating the Electoral College.

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Yes. Yes, I do.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join