It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 21

page: 109
<< 106  107  108    110  111  112 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

I just got home from a very long day of a lot of driving in heavy traffic, and I'm so exhausted. I had to take my friend Belinda to a hospital in another city to get a scope done before her surgery.

I’d be exhausted too , jacy ! That was a very nice gesture towards your friend and I’m sure she appreciated the lift.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 05:54 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Oh the wonderful "Last Mowing" ritual. What a glorious sight of the "Last Mow", so smooth, ready to receive it's burial clothe, the first snow.
You double back!!!! You are so dedicated.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

Hi Sweetie! People are cleaning up falling leaves and the next day, it looks like they never did a thing, so they start all over again. Some keep up with the raking and others wait until all the leaves have fallen. LOL

I think that was the general idea here, too, lol. Wait for them all to fall and get it raked/mulched in one shot and done.

I'd have waited a wee bit longer if it weren't for the snow we're looking at Thursday through at least next Tuesday. They keep saying maybe light accumulations, but it's Michigan -- forecasts here more in depth than mere general ideas are kind of unwise to bet on, lol.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Shep’s back! Hi jacy! Hi Nyiah!

Makin’ dinner now. Mrs. Shepherd is not feeling the greatest tonight.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: WalkInSilence

Oh the wonderful "Last Mowing" ritual. What a glorious sight of the "Last Mow", so smooth, ready to receive it's burial clothe, the first snow.
You double back!!!! You are so dedicated.

Lol, that's exactly what I jokingly poetically mused with one of the kids earlier, haha. "Look, it's so pretty, so even now and so green. It'll be clothed in a sea of stark white back there soon, like funeral dress to welcome winter."
"You're weird, mom."

link   

Darn, egg shells. You never know when they turn up.
They are good for fertilizer but I hate walking on them.

link   
They’re not predicting significant snow for the Prairie, but we’re going to get lows in the teens this week. Guess I better drain that last hose and empty the rain barrel!

Hm. Doing the last mow might be a good idea too...

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Oh God, not snow! Nooo! We have rain today and tomorrow. I'll take that over snow.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: PrairieShepherd

Awwww,poor Mrs. Shep, Hope she feels better soon. Don't forget the chicken soup.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Uh oh. Sounds like one of the Shepherditos got a nerf dart to the face. BRB....

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: PrairieShepherd

They’re not predicting significant snow for the Prairie, but we’re going to get lows in the teens this week. Guess I better drain that last hose and empty the rain barrel!

Hm. Doing the last mow might be a good idea too...

I still have to unhook and drain the hose, too. I'll leave that one to hubby in the morning, he's a regular "Gorilla Grip" and I cannot for the life of me get the connection to budge.

We definitely won't be forgetting that this year, not after the aftermath earlier this spring of forgetting to unhook it last year. The instant we turned it on this spring to wash the car, it busted the end of the pipe just inside the basement (MI freeze/thaw/freeze pattern weakened the metal with water in it) and....the basement got a wash. The landlord was surprisingly chipper when he came to fix it, he said expects that every year with their rentals, it's something he said even he forgets about.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 06:50 PM
link   
In our previous house we had a sprinkler system. I forgot to drain it before it got to about 28 one night. The pressure back flow preventer (the mushroom shaped thing) cracked and we woke up to water spraying outside by the front door.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star
Well, I’m doing Swedish pancakes and sausage. We call it a “breakfast dinner” - it’s comfort food since it was her mother’s and grandmother’s recipe.

It’s doubly amusing because they’re pretty much all Norwegian heritage, not Swedish. LOL

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 06:57 PM
link   

(the mushroom shaped thing)

DDIG

edit on 5-11-2018 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star
LOL
Well they are! Lots of people have them on their sprinkler systems!

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 07:03 PM
link   

The whole Scandinavian thing was screwed up because of the Danish dominion. No one really knows where the separate traditions came from. I think food became a territorial issue.
I make Danish pancakes, being Danish among other breeds.
I hope Mrs. Shephardito will soon be well.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence
I know, I have to chuckle at them sometimes because of it. Back when I first met Mrs. Shepherd, I was “interviewed” by her aunts and they asked me what my heritage was. I responded “Well, I’m American.” That was NOT good enough! LOL

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Hmm that is "weird"

Not you but our joint conclusion.
Must slumber, the sand man has visited.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Alrighty folks - time for dinner!!

Back in a bit!

top topics

<< 106  107  108    110  111  112 >>