It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 21

page: 106
<< 103  104  105    107  108  109 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Hello!

Just like Timely, i am having beer too. Been sober for a week.

I see earlier you talked about stones here. And their healing powers and such. I don't know about that, but there was a time i thought "amethyst" was spelled "amethist" and an amethist is a person following the belief or ideology of amethism that i knew nothing about
this works the same way in Finnish language.

Yes, i can be foolish at times.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 04:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Finspiracy

And now there also was a time I thought "amethyst" was spelled "amethist".

Thank you for that...

Peace

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 04:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: operation mindcrime
Peace

Peace to you too

I have been feeling the peace lately, and it feels great. But a little more is always better of course so thank you for your good wishes!

In the last decade i did some research upon radical acceptance and now i am into it again.

"One of the four options you have for any problem is "radical acceptance" (Linehan, 1993). Radical acceptance is about accepting life on life’s terms and not resisting what you cannot or choose not to change. Radical acceptance is about saying yes to life, just as it is."

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 04:14 AM
link   
a reply to: operation mindcrime

It amazing how long such a situation can continue with nobody stepping in. My heart goes out to that child...

My heart does, too.

The child protection worker that I talked to said they would look into it, but there wasn’t a lot they could do about it unless there was a lot of proof of physical abuse. Even then, they are very wary of taking children from their parents.

Been nice chatting with you MC.

* waves hello to Fin*

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 04:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sheye
* waves hello to Fin*

Hello o/

I really wish your neighbour issues get sorted out. For the sake of your peace of mind and for the sake of the kid.

You seem to think this situation in a rational way (why don't they break up already?) but the thing is, some couples can get kind of addicted to fighting.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 04:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

And yet, might it ever become necessary, your report will add up for any defense this boy might receive.

You've done a good thing!

Peace

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Or maybe the mother has some borderline personality disorder and the father doesn't know how to handle it. Can't fight for something that is fighting you but you can't leave for fear of the safety of your kids....

.....I drifted there, didn't I?

Peace

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 04:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: operation mindcrime

Or maybe the mother has some borderline personality disorder and the father doesn't know how to handle it. Can't fight for something that is fighting you but you can't leave for fear of the safety of your kids....

.....I drifted there, didn't I?

Peace

I think you may have hit the nail on the head. It’s mostly her doing the yelling.

I’m just going to pray for them, as well as talk to the building manager about possible doorframe damage in that suite. And of course the noise. I hate complaining but my peace matters as well.

Ok.. on to a different topic... lol

How are you doing these days ?

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Well...it's fall.

Just started preparing the garden for the winter. Got the sycamore trimmed and was enjoying the memory of it's nice shade this summer. The smell of autumn is the best and there is nothing like being outside right now...

Days are getting shorter fast and I can't wait for frost!

How are things with you?

Peace

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Hello everyone,

I just got back from the docs a short while ago and have posted a new update over here in WIS's thread.

In short, Dada will be going into the care facility today, instead of Monday next week. Full details in the linked post.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 05:44 AM
link   
a reply to: operation mindcrime
How are things with me ?

Not looking forward to winter as I detest winter driving and all the scraping of windows and warming up of cars.
I do love wintery scenery so that is a plus.

I got some very disappointing news from my Neuroligist last week, but I’d rather not go into detail about that right now.

Otherwise , things are going ok 👍🏼

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Whooof.

I warmed up my sauna and it felt really good. It is not always that great, sometimes i just want to cool down, chill down. But now i threw water on the sauna stove like a madman and i enjoyed it. But sauna is not a sport, it is for pleasure. But now the heat and humidity felt like a pleasure.

Continuing drinking beer and listening to music.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 05:48 AM
link   
a reply to: JustMike
I’m so sorry you are having to go through all this Mike. 😕

It must be very painful emotionally to give up Dada’s care to someone else... but is necessary now if you want to take care of her down the road.

You two are in the thoughts and prayers of many here on ATS , and mine included as well.
May your surgery and recovery go well.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 05:50 AM
link   

I wish I had a sauna.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 06:39 AM
link   
a reply to: JustMike

My thoughts and prayers are with you and Dada...

Peace

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Sheye and also a reply to: operation mindcrime

Thank you both for your kind comments.

So, she's in the LDN (care centre) now. The ambulance picked us up on time and took us there for her to be admitted. She didn't even ask where we were going, and even when we were there she had no questions. She basically lives moment to moment most of the time, but still has some rather fleeting lucid times.

When she had to get changed out of her days clothes and get into bed, she did wonder a bit. So I explained that she needed some help with the swelling in her legs -- which is true, she has badly swollen ankles as I have not been able to get her out for exercise often enough as I can't walk very far. Anyway she took that explanation just fine. So that was a plus.

Her accommodation is fine. She's only sharing a room with two other ladies, both of whom are pretty far gone and didn't say anything while I was there. But she talked enough for all three!

Have to laugh a little. Otherwise I'd cry.

The staff there were really good. We went through everything I brought for her and at their recommendation I removed her watch and all her jewellery but one ring. They say it's just safer that way. Reduces the risks of another patient claiming the items are hers and trying to take them away from her.

I go back there for a visit on Wednesday. Give her tomorrow to adjust to her new surroundings.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Considering this is what it looks like outside in our fair city, I bet you do

edit on 5-11-2018 by Autorico because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Autorico

Considering this is what it looks like outside in our fair city, I bet you do

Haha ! I’m trying not to look outside .😆
The roads are slippery today as well, so no driving for me.

Actually winter is pretty to look at.. and if my back was better and it wasn’t so slippery out, I’d probably consider going for a walk since the temperature is very reasonable for here at this time of year.

Enjoy the snow ! ( i dare you to make a loonie toonie snowman and send us a pic 😜)

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Lol, no snowman for me. The snow also brought some lovely gout to my foot

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Autorico

Lol, no snowman for me. The snow also brought some lovely gout to my foot

I didn’t realize weather affected gout. Sorry to hear about your gout, hopefully you can get it under control.

( dont know much about it and always thought it had more to do with eating a diet too rich in protein)

* waves good day to all Sheddites *

top topics

<< 103  104  105    107  108  109 >>

join