It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 21

page: 108
<< 105  106  107    109  110  111 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Well a lovely day off and time to spare to continue on my search for my "room". This was were I left off.
The stairs are rather imposing and I can't see where they lead too, but there is no going back, it is either out or find my room. I know I left some rather important stuff there. So here I go. It is a little cold and damp, and dim, the steps are barely visible.

It is odd I don't know if I am going up or down, there are sounds, rustling, and a breeze, fragrant. I can touch either side of the stairwell. And now I am barefoot!!! You never know what happens in here. These steps twist and turn but now the light is better and yes I am at the end of the stairs. There is a sign on the wall where it ends.
Unicorn Crossing?
It is a relief to be in open space, all though I don't like what I can see, a snake, coiled up with its head raised. It is rather beautiful, it looks soft and inviting, it is singing, a lullaby, it is whispering gentle words, I am mesmerized. But something in the back of my mind tells me to back off. I brush it off, how can any thing so wonderful hurt me.
I reach out to touch and now everything is exploding. A door opens with a horrendous sounds, hooves are pounding like a thunder storm a light, bright as the sun burst forth, every thing is illuminated as it's true self. The stones and trees are just that but the snake is now a slithering mass of vile malice. It is not singing but cursing me and has grown to my height.
The chaos is deafening.
A real live Unicorn, it bursts upon the snake as if it was a child's toy.
"Shall we proceed?" I am not sure what the proper reply is but I can't resist and jump on his back. [/pic]
edit on 5-11-2018 by WalkInSilence because: colour

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

OMG, that was awesome!!!!!!!! How I missed people writing in here! Thank you soooo much my friend! You paint pictures with words, such eloquence and imagery! Wow!

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star
Yes, he has started to fill out now. He's not weightlifting like I was at his age, but he is growing stronger daily it seems.

I have been enjoying writing quite a bit lately, though I have also been terribly busy so my time to write is limited. I feel as though I've gotten more into the characters lately, to understand them better, and have been given some greater tools to write better with. So, definitely having fun.

Hi WIS! Oooooh, pretty unicorn!

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Hmmm...my room used to be up these stairs...

I seem to have lost my way with the wind pushing me this way and that way and I am left wondering which way to go.

These steps look inviting. Perhaps my room is beyond the top of them.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: PrairieShepherd

Wonderful that you are working on your character's development!

My Husband used to be into karate and weight lifting, but moistly he is a musician and loves working on his collectors edition Monza Mirage car. Bicentenial edition.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 04:12 PM
link   
This is my Shed room:

Wouldn't take much for some solar power to run my laptop so I could keep writing...

Probably wouldn't be able to chat with all y'all though, not much internetz up there.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Nice! We used to have a Monza when I was a kid. I loved that little car!

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 04:16 PM
link   

I seem to have lost my way with the wind pushing me this way and that way and I am left wondering which way to go.

I never have a problem with winds and storms, and finding my room was a breeze even though it was as dark as night when I got here. The mirror placed outside someone’s door helped me find my room as well as help me believe in who I really am.

Whoever hung that mirror.. thank you.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Ah, breath taking view you have there! Good choice Sir Shep!
I shall visit you often.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 04:23 PM
link   
His gait is smooth as a summers breeze, but I can see time pass in a blur. "Where are you going?" he asks. "To my room, but I don't know where it is, I thought it was at the end of the stairs" "I can take you there, but no further for now, call me by name if you need me"

"What is your name?"
"Truth", in any language"
He is gone.
I look at the door walking the last steps and knock, I try the handle.
Well, this isn't my door and walk away down a little path, wondering, wandering. Now ahead of me I see sign post in the middle of nowhere or is this all somewhere.
It says:
At least it points in a direction. I start walking. The image of the snake pops into my mind, it was a close call, Are there more of them here?

edit on 5-11-2018 by WalkInSilence because: color

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Loving your story!

I remember when the Valentine thread by Archangelchemuel was closed and we needed a place to continue our warm and fun friendships and story telling. Special permission was asked I think by Jacy? Anyway, we were granted that privilege and have continued on for over 4 years. Thank you Jane and Jacy!

I don't know where Tom and Gordi have gone. We had a story going there for a while.
Maybe we can coax Lone out later tonight to tell a tale.

Anyone else is welcome of course.

edit on 5-11-2018 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Welp, I'm afraid I need to get going. Apparently Shepherdito is not coming to karate after all tonight. Need to head home and see what's up there, so I'm going offline for a while. Perhaps I shall be back on when I am lifting heavy things and grunting like a gorilla in the exercise room tonight.

Peace to all! Talk to you soon!

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Good evening Shed Family...

I just got home from a very long day of a lot of driving in heavy traffic, and I'm so exhausted.
I had to take my friend Belinda to a hospital in another city to get a scope done before her surgery.

Everything took longer than we were expecting and now I am finally in my jammies, curled up with a tea.
I wanted to say "hi" to anyone who is around and I'm going to get caught up now.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

Hey Sweetheart! Sorry about your dear friend!

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Have fun grunting Shep! LOL

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Well, I did it, I waited til the last possible day I dared to & got the last mow in for the year, and mulched the fallen leaves in the process (the spring growth will thank me)

It only took me 30 minutes to do the front, but the back was so stealthily overgrown that it took over 2 hours. A lot of doubling back over my forward mow paths to catch all the overgrown grass weighed down by all the leaves.

At least I wasn't alone. Half the neighborhood waited until today too

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Hey Night!
No need to be sorry hun...nothing bad showed up on the scope, which is good. But thank you.

Seems I just missed Shep...and a whole bunch of others were here when I wasn't.

I'm glad you had lots of company. Nice to see The Shed busy.

How are you doing tonight?

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 05:33 PM
link   

I'm good thanks! I be with you in a minute.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Hi Sweetie! People are cleaning up falling leaves and the next day, it looks like they never did a thing, so they start all over again. Some keep up with the raking and others wait until all the leaves have fallen. LOL

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 05:39 PM
link   

So how are you tonight love?

top topics

<< 105  106  107    109  110  111 >>

join