It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brett Kavanaugh's classmate says he lied about drinking

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 09:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: Cassi3l

Brett Kavanaugh's classmate says he lied about drinking

Ruh Roh! Looks like Kavanaugh has been caught in a doozy!

NBC News has obtained text messages from a friend of Kavanaugh’s that make clear he was attempting damage control on the Deborah Ramirez story before it broke:
………..
In a series of texts prior to the publication of the New Yorker story, Yarasavage wrote that she had been in contact with “Brett's guy,” and also with “Brett,” who wanted her to go on the record to refute Ramirez.

Problem for Kavanaugh is, this is what he said to the Senate Judiciary Committee, under oath:
Kavanaugh was asked by Sen. Orrin Hatch, R-Utah, when he first heard of Ramirez’s allegations. Kavanaugh answered: “In the New Yorker story.”

Oh the irony! It was a Republican, Otin Hatch no less, who ironically took back the time he had originally given to sex crimes prosecutor Rachel Mitchell, only to trip the perjury trap!

That’s not a mistaken memory. That’s not a half-truth. That is a clear lie... and it’s also clearly an intentional lie. Those are the two components of a perjury charge.

www.nbcnews.com...
www.dailykos.com...

Oh...BOOM....NOT!

Feel free to reference the actual texts. Apparently they dont have them.....there is just a claim they exist and even the person claiming it says:

I understand that President Trump and the U.S. Senate have ordered an FBI investigation into certain allegations of sexual misconduct by the nominee Brett Kavanaugh. I have no direct or indirect knowledge about any of the allegations against him. However, I am in receipt of text messages from a mutual friend of both Debbie and mine that raise questions related to the allegations. I have not drawn any conclusions as to what the texts may mean or may not mean but I do believe they merit investigation by the FBI and the Senate.

So a friend of a friend....LOL!

This is about as good as Fords account of the actual night of her assault!

Cant wait for the FBI findings!!!!

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 09:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: SwissMarked
Seriously... side by side with a "known" pic... I have a real hard time saying it ain't legit...

It's not her. She didn't wear glasses back then, and she didn't have braces either.

O'rly... huh... well then... uhhhh... hmmmm...

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: SwissMarked

It's a costume Einstein! The partial Halloween banner behind them should have given that away!

All the ladies have something in their mouths, like a pacifier or something, while they hold their "babies" Notice that Chrissy has taped up glasses and something in her mouth while awkwardly posing nerdly on purpose.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

#METOO!

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Photoshop picture too I bet.

Always trust NBC.

They "obtained it".

💥🥁💥

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 10:09 PM
link   

o_O same glasses !!!

😎

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 10:09 PM
link   

#METOO!

But will you say you were wrong if you are wrong?

I will.

If any of these claims get verified I will say I was wrong.

If they dont, will you? And will you denounce Ford or the other accusers and support Kavanaugh?
edit on 10/1/18 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

o_O same glasses !!!

😎

Oh... but it’s quite obviously part of a “costume”... it’s just a “goof”... because nobody that wears glasses ever takes them off to have their picture taken... so obviously all of the pics with her wearing glasses early in life were photoshopped and put in those years books by... uhhhh... time traveling internet trolls... or something... I don’t know... 😜

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

#METOO!

I will.

If they dont, will you? And will you denounce Ford or the other accusers and support Kavanaugh?

#hewont
🐽

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Wrong about what?

If NBC is lying about these text messages, or they were faked, that's not me being wrong. If they're dated after Kavanaugh was contacted by the New Yorker for comment, if he was, then Kavanaugh is cleared. Questions answered.

However,

Further, the texts show Kavanaugh may need to be questioned about how far back he anticipated that Ramirez would air allegations against him. Berchem says in her memo that Kavanaugh “and/or” his friends “may have initiated an anticipatory narrative” as early as July to “conceal or discredit” Ramirez.

You gotta wonder why the Repubs won't hand over this info to the FBI.

“We heard from Kerry late on Thursday and submitted her summary to the Judiciary Committee early Friday,” a spokeswoman for Blumenthal said in a statement to NBC News.
“After we were made to jump through several hoops that delayed our moving forward, it became clear that the majority Committee staff had not turned this summary over to the FBI and, in fact, had no intention of turning it over to the FBI. With our assistance, Kerry submitted her summary to the FBI herself.”

edit on 1-10-2018 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Wrong about what?

If NBC is lying about these text messages, or they were faked, that's not me being wrong. If they're dated after Kavanaugh was contacted by the New Yorker for comment, if he was, then Kavanaugh is cleared. Questions answered.

However,

Further, the texts show Kavanaugh may need to be questioned about how far back he anticipated that Ramirez would air allegations against him. Berchem says in her memo that Kavanaugh “and/or” his friends “may have initiated an anticipatory narrative” as early as July to “conceal or discredit” Ramirez.

You gotta wonder why the Repubs won't hand over this info to the FBI.

“We heard from Kerry late on Thursday and submitted her summary to the Judiciary Committee early Friday,” a spokeswoman for Blumenthal said in a statement to NBC News.
“After we were made to jump through several hoops that delayed our moving forward, it became clear that the majority Committee staff had not turned this summary over to the FBI and, in fact, had no intention of turning it over to the FBI. With our assistance, Kerry submitted her summary to the FBI herself.”

Your own source says they haven't even seen them....just heard whomever made the claims says what they are.

And wrong about any of it really....doesnt matter. Pick a story. This one, Fords, Ramirez, Swetnick.

They are all BS....so you pick and I'll bet.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Oh... but it’s quite obviously part of a “costume”... it’s just a “goof”... because nobody that wears glasses ever takes them off to have their picture taken...

Yes, it's a goof, obviously, because of the obvious tape on Chrissy's glasses, all the ladies have pacifiers in their mouths, or something similar, to go with babies they're holding. But the real kicker is the obvious Hallo(ween) banner behind them!

Geeze, you guys really want Christine Ford to have been ugly and awkward in her youth, as if that would clear Kavanaugh of sexual assault, because preps and frat boys never single out shy, loney and awkward girls to rape. /sarc

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 10:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: xxspockyxx

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

#METOO!

I will.

#hewont
🐽

I know...none of them can ever put their butts on the line. I made it easier and said he/she could pick a claim...any of them.

Bet I still wont get an acceptance of the offer.

Appears they dont truly believe. Sad.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Oh... but it’s quite obviously part of a “costume”... it’s just a “goof”... because nobody that wears glasses ever takes them off to have their picture taken...

Yes, it's a goof, obviously, because of the obvious tape on Chrissy's glasses, all the ladies have pacifiers in their mouths, or something similar, to go with babies they're holding. But the real kicker is the obvious Hallo(ween) banner behind them!

Geeze, you guys really want Christine Ford to have been ugly and awkward in her youth, as if that would clear Kavanaugh of sexual assault, because preps and frat boys never single out shy, loney and awkward girls to rape. /sarc

One oddly you are the exact opposite and want Kav to be guilty because he is a Trump nomination.

Super excited to see the witness statements....lying to the FBI makes it a federal crime. Cant wait to see the spin when all statements are exactly the same as they were prior to the renewed 7th investigation.....

With the exception of the accusers who will not make a statement because their attorneys will block them.
edit on 10/1/18 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Your own source says they haven't even seen them....just heard whomever made the claims says what they are.

In the days leading up to a public allegation that Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh exposed himself to a college classmate, the judge and his team were communicating behind the scenes with friends to refute the claim, according to text messages obtained by NBC News.

Reading comprehension is a valuable asset.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 10:46 PM
link   

One oddly you are the exact opposite and want Kav to be guilty because he is a Trump nomination.

Please provide links to the posts and threads I made in opposition to Gorsuch's confirmation.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 10:48 PM
link   

In the days leading up to a public allegation that Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh exposed himself to a college classmate, the judge and his team were communicating behind the scenes with friends to refute the claim, according to text messages obtained by NBC News.

Reading comprehension is valuable.

Oh...I read it....let me know when they post those texts up! Looking forward to....nothing.

Any reason why they would make the story but not post the texts?

That's similar to "a highly placed official".

Critical thinking is valuable as well.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Please provide links to the posts and threads I made in opposition to Gorsuch's confirmation.

I'll get right on that....as soon as this thread suddenly becomes about Gorsuch....

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Is this the guy that was his angry roomate that was discussed in private session?

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 10:53 PM
link   
He admits drinking back then, but not to the extent of not remembering things or being piggy drunk. Piggy drunk is a perception held by the person or observer. If the professor did not drink or hardly drank or was into the church setting, then even a couple of drinks would be considered bad. Some people get a little slurry speech after two drinks. I cannot state this professor's testimony would be relevant unless I was to know what his beliefs on this subject were. I also have a hard time believing a professor would remember a student from thirty some years ago. It is not like he was important back then. Most teachers I know do not remember their students unless they were sucked up or were a good person in their class, even then, most just make it sound like they remember them. In a small town, where everyone knows everyone, sometimes the teacher knows the family of the student and will remember him. I doubt if a professor in college would actually remember him.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join