It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brett Kavanaugh's classmate says he lied about drinking

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

I Personally Think Judge Brett Kavanaugh is an Honorable Man Through His Thoughts and Actions . I Would Support Him for a SCOTUS Appointment If He Excepted . The People Need to be Ruled by Laws , Or they Become Unruly . Nuff Said .........

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit
a reply to: Lysergic

The People Need to be Ruled by Laws , Or they Become Unruly

Yeah, the people do need to be ruled by laws to to keep from becoming unruly... no argument their.

What the people don't need, is to be ruled by some silver spoon little brat... Who has a tantrum and throws all their toys outta the pram, every time they don't get their own way.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

Seriously???? "every time they don't get their own way. " ????

You are talking about a man who was wrongfully accused and his good name and reputation shattered. People were out to ruin his life. This affects his family too. He worked hard to live a good life and had an impeccable reputation. And in a few days some creeps destroyed him, intentionally and as a political hit. He was presumed guilty with no evidence.

This was not about "getting his own way". This was righteous outrage. He handled it more calmly than many men might have.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

Hmm... Do I Sense a " Value Judgement " there ? Tsk , Tsk , Would I Vote for you as a Supreme Court Justice ? Guess it would Depend on the REAL YOU , and Not the One I Read about in Da Papers , Da Papers ............

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cassi3l

a reply to: burdman30ott6
I think you need to re-read the linked article
It says the opposite of what you surmise

anyhow ...
It could be that "Charlie'' is being highly euphemistic
it could be that Brett was, and still is, a serious piss-artist
an aggresive one to boot

Could be : if true, us mere mortals will never know
Whatever the outcome

Kavanaugh's credibilty is gone
down the krapper

I like how you keep using "maybe" and " I don't know", "I wasn't there" even the old "if true" but then jump immediately into 'this is a done deal he's guilty & convicted and needs removed.'

Try taking your own advice, maybe.. I mean if true, I wasn't there when you posted these, but your sexually aggressive past deems your posts invalid. I mean, if true and all...

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

What the people don't need, is to be ruled by some silver spoon little brat... Who has a tantrum and throws all their toys outta the pram, every time they don't get their own way.

Sounds like the Democrats, and I agree.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cassi3l

Charles Ludington goes for a 'chat' with the FBI today
more grist for the mill ...

I think Kavanaugh's nomination should be pulled
His reputation is tarnished, his credibility is shot to bits

His 'performance' from last week will be brought up time and time again
to continually undermine him

Remember:
I didn't have sex with .. that .. woman
It depends on what 'Is', is

"I like drinking beer"
That's how Kavanaugh will be shorthanded for memory
It's too easy as ammo

Unfortunately we won't see what Charles Ludington has to say about this and we don't know what his motivations are, not really. He may be looking for his 15 minutes of fame in all this and looking to make a quick buck. It wouldn't be the first time some person has tried to take advantage of a situation that he was once close to. On the other hand, perhaps his observations are 100% honest and up-front. It still doesn't mean his opinion is correct with regards to what is in the mind and memory of someone else.

From about 21 up until I was 28 I was a heavy drinker. I could drink from dawn until bedtime and be a slurring, stumbling drunk and never forget what happened the day before while I had been drinking. It actually wasn't until i dank pink lemonade and everclear I ever had an instance of blacking out and memory loss, after which I always avoided that drink

I came from a long line of drunks, had a natural tolerance for alcohol and drank so often it didn't affect me like it did other people. Everyone has different levels of tolerance and people often thought I was far, far drunker than I really was.

I was a philosophical drunk, too. But I had a friend that got quite aggressive, rude and belligerent when he drank (he never raped anyone but he did end up in bed with some unsavory individuals). Now, long removed from our youth, he will, like me, occasionally have a beer or shot, but he has mostly given up much drinking and none of our group drink to the point of getting drunk anymore.

So the man drank and was probably an angry drunk. The real question is, does he get drunk now and take it out on his friends and family? I'd rather be in front of a judge who whooped it up in his youth and remember that then be in front of a puritan when it comes to someone deciding my fate.

It's his opinion that BK's statements were 'questionable' and if he felt that way, he should say something. But his opinion is just that - and on his word alone, it is just another allegation without any evidence. You must not forget about all the people who have not supported those allegations either, their opinions must be considered in the preponderance of all the evidence.

Woe be it to us all if allegations can permanently tarnish your reputation and destroy your credibility, because I assure you, if you weaponize these things then we are all in danger of having some heinous charge levied at us. Drank too much at a company party? You may be out of your job. Said something that someone could take the wrong way? Out of your job. Did something that someone could question at some point in your past? your life is destroyed and maybe you go to jail for a crime you didn't commit -- all on someone;s word, with no evidence to back it up, but the best claims money can buy to support it.

BK presented, to me, the face of someone who was righteously indignant and someone who didn't know how to present himself in the best fashion for the public to see. He may have been in the public all his life and under a level of public scrutiny, but this was dialed up to 11 and at a level he had never before been put under. I doubt anyone who wasn't used to that level of scrutiny would perform much better.

Lets also remember there is a double standard at play too - no matter how guilty democratic heroes are, their black marks are hidden and swept away from public scrutiny as fast as possible, but for those who aren't - your screwed.

But you know what, BK's "I like drinking beer." that was something I could relate to. The senator who had never played a drinking game or admitted to drinking? couldn't relate to that at all.

You know, I am not a fan of either sides of our government and I think EVERY SINGLE ONE should have to undergo the EXACT same investigation and scrutiny that BK just did. Every misstep of their's should be investigated all the way back to High School. Every shady deal, every decision should all be out there for the American Public to see.

Yeah, then we'd mostly be without a government to run the country because they've done bad stuff on both sides, though I believe they'd become more corrupt on the democratic side...and really that is obvious to me by HOW they play their politics and what they say and do, not because I have anything against any of them.

Hey, what's fair is fair. The standards should be equal for everyone.

I wasn't actually a fan of BK...not until I saw what all he is going through, now my fingers are crossed he gets his seat on the Supreme Court.

What i have learned through his process is that there are people who lead us who are perfectly OK destroying someone's life and family for political power and that's simply not OK with me. I haven't paid a whole lot of attention before, but after this i will be.
edit on 4-10-2018 by Thanatos0042 because: bad coding

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join