It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ford - Kavanaugh Hearings 9-27-18

page: 143
<< 140  141  142    144  145  146 >>

join
share:
SM2

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Here is my take...

1. No hard evidence. Only her recollections.

2. The people she called as witnesses ALL denied that anything happened, or the party never happened

3.The FBI ALREADY looked into it, determined case closed, no federal crime, so, she has to use the local police, if she really wanted something to happen, she would file a police report, which would trigger a full investigation. She hasnt, so, to me, if she is willing to do that hearing, but not the police report...well thats because filing a fake police report and reporting a false crime would carry actual penalties.

4. She contradicted her letter multiple times during the hearing.

5. Her letter read like a 6th grader wrote it, not someone with 2 PHDs. She had to write to Doctorate thesis papers, but cant write a proper letter to a member of the Senate? Add in that parts of the letter have different fonts and font sizes....as in, it was typed on two different devices, it looks like a false piece of evidence

6. Absolutely nothing to back up her story, not one witness, not one piece of evidence, just the ramblings of what appears to be a pained and confused woman. She claimed she had to postpone the hearing because she has a fear of flying...except when its to Hawaii, Seattle, the UK, and multiple other places where she went for work or vacation.

He defended himself in a manner that, in my opinion would be constant with how a normal and reasonable innocent man would in the situation. Think about, having to talk to your wife and 10 year old daughter about these things, while the media nonstop talked about how evil you were and brought even more claims out. Your entire lifes work, your reputation, even you community service work is being snatched away from you over false allegations.

In my opinion Dr. Ford and her friends in the Democratic party tried to capitalize on the #metoo movement and force the republicans to immediately distance themselves from him, because remember, they said publicy they would block any nomination no matter what it took. When that didnt work, they went into crisis mode, came out with new allegations, that are just utterly ridiculous and over the top. Thats why no police report has been filed, its all fabricated and lies. They have made it harder for real victims to come out and get the justice they need and fully deserve. I hope, that in the end, all of those responsible for this callous attempt get what they deserve. All of them need to see prison time. And, in the off chance, i am wrong, the Judge needs to be held accountable. But, at this point, the only way you will know 100% is for her to actually file a police report and press charges.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: ipsedixit

The American Bar Association has called for a delay of the confirmation vote until the FBI can do an investigation of the allegations. I never thought I would be quoting Allan Dershowitz in support of a post on ATS but he agrees.

All I know is that if an FBI investigation is demanded to take place, I demand a full investigation into Christine Ford's mental health history...

"When asked if there were other things apart from the alleged assault that contributed to her anxiety and post-traumatic stress disorder, Ford talked about the “etiology of anxiety” and the “biological predisposition” to disorders."

www.buzzfeednews.com...
edit on 28-9-2018 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: vor78

They cite the ABA when it is in their interest to do so. In those cases they regard it as an authority. lol.

www.washingtonpost.com... -confirmation-votes/?utm_term=.1ba5efbbe17f

As part of its review of Kavanaugh’s qualifications, the ABA’s Standing Committee on the Federal Judiciary found that Kavanaugh “enjoys an excellent reputation for integrity and is a person of outstanding character,” contributing to its unanimous “well-qualified” rating. Kavanaugh and Graham together alluded to the ABA investigation at least three times Thursday.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: ipsedixit

I'm not making an argument of who is right or wrong. I'm just saying that it is what it is. There's a past history there and accusations of bias, and because of that, don't expect the ABA to hold any sway with the GOP.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 08:33 AM
link   
I don't care what side of the political spectrum a person is on, allowing someone to accuse another person of a crime without offering a shred of evidence is not a society anyone with half a brain would want to live in. I think -hope that Tapper has realized this.

At this point, anyone seen coming right out and calling Ford a mentally unstable liar is going to get skewered, so maybe Tapper is soft walking this...
edit on 28-9-2018 by Identified because: Format

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 08:33 AM
link   
On a side issue, Webster Tarpley expressed some degree of skepticism and cynicism with regard to the choice of Rachel Mitchell, the prosecutor from Maricopa county, Arizona (Joe Arpaio country), as Republican procurator in the questioning of Prof. Ford. I think Webster expected her to be much more aggressive than she turned out to be.

After hearing her questions to Ford, I realized that her purpose was to prevent Republican senators from "losing it" and going apedoody on the witness. It was the equivalent of "keeping the defendant off the stand" because he will only hurt his case if he testifies. In this case it was, keep the prosecuting attorneys (GOP senators) away from the witness, because they were bound to lose it and to lose their case by being excessively harsh on Ford.

It was a good strategic move because it keeps Kavanaugh in the game. It was sleazy and dishonest because the Republican senators were weaseling out of their responsibility. It could be interpreted as being considerate of Ford and sensitive to her emotional state, but I take a more cynical view. Mitchell was there like a "closer" in baseball, because the starting pitcher(s) needed their fat pulled out of the fire and couldn't do it themselves.
edit on 28-9-2018 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Flake conforms he is a yes vote. Thats about the end of it.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Well, this all comes down to just one man in terms of the 1st hurdle - the Senate Judiciary Committee vote - 0f the 21 Senators we pretty much know the 10 Democrats will all vote no and that 10 of the 11 Republican Senators will vote yes....

...that leaves Jeff Flake.

I suspect he is very tempted to go out with a punch on the nose to President Trump, but at the same time conflicted about crushing Kavanaugh.

Today is the day we find out. Remember that Flake is retiring from the Senate in November. He does not need to think about re-election.

edit on 28/9/2018 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 08:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
Well, this all comes down to just one man in terms of the 1st hurdle - the Senate Judiciary Committee vote.
Of the 21 Senators we pretty much know the 10 Democrats will all vote no and that 10 of the 11 Republican Senators will vote yes.

That leaves Jeff Flake.

I suspect he is very tempted to go out with a punch on the nose to President Trump, but at the same time conflicted about crushing Kavanaugh.

Today is the day we find out. Remember that Flake is retiring from the Senate in November. He does not need to think about re-election.

Flake just announced he is voting yes.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 08:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

originally posted by: UKTruth
Well, this all comes down to just one man in terms of the 1st hurdle - the Senate Judiciary Committee vote.
Of the 21 Senators we pretty much know the 10 Democrats will all vote no and that 10 of the 11 Republican Senators will vote yes.

That leaves Jeff Flake.

Flake just announced he is voting yes.

Good news....

I missed Gramblers post

www.bloomberg.com...
edit on 28/9/2018 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

I am surprised to see that as he is not seeking re election.
I thought he would assume mccains obstructionist mantle on his way out.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Does anyone have a link to the hearing about to happen?

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracy nut

That's funny because I thought kavanaugh was on something. He kept sniffing and scrunching up his nose, I also felt he was trying to force some crocodile tears but that's just my opinion.

He was sniffing because he had been tearing up. Something Ford never did; thanks for pointing that out.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 08:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

I am surprised to see that as he is not seeking re election.
I thought he would assume mccains obstructionist mantle on his way out.

I am too...he isnt old either. He may just be sick of all the crap at this point. I'd be weary of being in any public position like that with the way things are and people can just smear you whenever they feel like.....

link   
a reply to: Grambler

www.livenewsmag.com...
someone was kind enough to pass this on yesterday

link   

Woohoo! Looks like Kavanaugh convinced him.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 08:40 AM
link   
I think that the meeting between Flake, Collins, Murkowski, and Manchin last night was to strategize and here's what I think they came up with.

Knowing that Collins and Murkowski might look bad in the eyes of women, they all agreed that Flake and Manchin would vote "yes" to confirm Kavanaugh and Collins and Murkowski could vote "no" to save face, but still be able to create a tie vote in which Mike Pence would break with the final vote so no one in particular would be blamed, but Kavanaugh would still be confirmed.
edit on 28-9-2018 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Democrats are still trying today!

They can't seem to stop their own self destruction.

More demands before the committee votes.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 08:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
Flake conforms he is a yes vote. Thats about the end of it.

Not quite.

Flake could still vote no if some other information comes out before the floor vote, even though today he will vote yes.

Add in Collins and Murkowski... if both say no, then Kavanaugh loses the vote 51-49.

The next few days are going to be hell for Kavanaugh as Democrats double and triple their mudslinging and craziness to try to get this stopped.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: ausername
Democrats are still trying today!

They can't seem to stop their own self destruction.

More demands before the committee votes.

Someone needs to show the interview last night on Fox of Kavanaugh & Judges friend, Tom Kane. Tom came out and said that Mark Judge doesn't even remember anything that happened the entire year of 1982 and that Mark almost died the night before Kane's wedding. An FBI investigation isn't going to bring back Mark Judge's memory or bring any other eyewitnesses forward that weren't there. The end.

new topics

top topics

<< 140  141  142    144  145  146 >>

join