It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ford - Kavanaugh Hearings 9-27-18

page: 142
<< 139  140  141    143  144  145 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 05:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986
I just find it hard to believe the incompetence of the Dems. It's like they all read from the same spreadsheet of questions to ask.

If it was incompetence it would be understandable. This is a deliberate plot to control the power of the US gov. Plain and simple.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 05:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: toolgal462

Slow process, but yeah. I still have to take frequent breaks, but I'm getting better at that.

Just one more thing that couldn't kill this old redneck.

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 06:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Quadrivium

a reply to: Quadrivium

Does TheRedNeck like beer?

Let's find out... lemme hold that PBR for ya.

TheRedneck

Dang good choice too!!!!
Drinking Natural light right now (on sale).

Miller, they put it in clear bottles and it is beautiful. I have some ponies for the wife's pleasure in my fridge. Too early or I would have to get one and honor the thought.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 06:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

originally posted by: seagull

If you can call PBR beer...

I always go back to a Quote from the Millionaire Next Door from a Millionaire who didn't like the fancy food his host was serving him.

I Drink Two kinds of Beer. Bud and Free.

2$ pitchers of Busch Beer aided my studies or gave a nice relief from them at least! I am not paying 12$... LOL well maybe..

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 06:09 AM
link   

I hope it's true, but Fox is saying they won't be able to confirm until Tuesday at the earliest now. There are procedural votes to go through first. That means Kavanaugh can not be seated for the October session, but hopefully he will at least be seated.

I believe Kavanaugh is eligible to sit immediately for any case in which oral arguments have not yet begun. Note that Neil Gorsuch was sworn in on April 8th during the middle of a session and heard his first case 10 days later.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 06:23 AM
link   
a reply to: vor78

I hope you're right. There's an immigration case on the docket that could go very wrong with the wrong decision.

I think it's slated for the 10th?

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 06:35 AM
link   

a reply to: vor78

I hope you're right. There's an immigration case on the docket that could go very wrong with the wrong decision.

I think it's slated for the 10th?

TheRedneck

That's correct - if the outcome goes the wrong way, immigration officials will only have a short time to detain and deport illegal alien criminal convicts that are released from prison. If they miss the window, illegal alien criminals are in the clear. Very important decision.
edit on 28/9/2018 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 06:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986
I just find it hard to believe the incompetence of the Dems. It's like they all read from the same spreadsheet of questions to ask.

If it was incompetence it would be understandable. This is a deliberate plot to control the power of the US gov. Plain and simple.

Democrats were a complete disgrace from the very start of their corruption even BEFORE Kavanaugh was announced to the right now. Kavanaugh was correct when he said they made their role "search and destroy".

Of all the Democrat idiots, Whitehouse's "farticus' moment had to the the most ridiculous.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 06:39 AM
link   
no corroboration , and the people who were allegedly there have refuted !

I was a juror on a sex assault case at the crown court in Scotland last year, the man I was asked to judge
was found guilty and you could just tell he was guilty , the evidence also proved he was guilty.

I dont think kavanaugh did that !

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 06:40 AM
link   
what did I take from the televised Circus act:

1. that Ford had a well coached/trained delivery...with the weird comments that immediately after the attack she hid in the bathroom instead of yelling/screaming & running downstairs to where 2 other boys and another female could have embraced Ford from the trauma of the attack in the upstairs bedroom where 2 bodies 'thumped-on-the-floor' which allowed her to flee

2. her recounting the 'maniacal Laughter' coming from 17 yo Brett K and mike J as they 'pinballed' down the staircase... the trauma of forced clothing removal and a hand over her mouth which resulted in obstructing both yelling & breathing were less memorable to the 15 yo girl with 1 beer already consumed.

3. the very evident 'editorializing' Ford used to reconstruct the event...@ 15 year old she did not even think about the 'hippocampus' but it appeared to be fundamental to her 'rememberance' of the 36 year old attack

4. her reflection of seeing Mike J, working at a Safeway Grocery as he corralled grocery carts...her impression was the the 6-8 week interim period had not diminished Mike (Kavanaughs' friennd) into being pale faced and embarrassed to see miss Ford----- i contend the guy was not squeemish about the alleged 6-8 week old sex attack -> he was embarrassed to be seen doing such a degrading job as he thought himself a Big-Man-On-Campus

i give Ford a 'D-' for her testimony at the hearing/circus
i give the Judge a 'C+' for his testimony at the hearing/hatchet job

the rule of law has been reversed -> Kavanaugh is Guilty until voted innocent...the progressive democrat party elites have won-the-day

..... 3 beers for Kavanaugh, 'cause he never seemed to take a full fledged 'spring break' beer bust as many of us other;s have done

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: [post=23807646]TheRedneck[/post
Did not watch. All such a shameless dox on America.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 06:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
a reply to: Vasa Croe

proof?

If they did say it then that's , that.

The FBI has no jurisdiction. It would require the White House to initiate one as part of this confirmation as the crime itself is not in the FBI perview.

Police have told Ford and told her they can investigate if she files a report. She has refused to do so.

I wouldn't file a false report if it was my decision to make. She has to use her wits.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 07:05 AM
link   

With the Senate Judiciary Committee holding a vote at 9:30 A.M. tomorrow, a Senate insider has told Townhall that Kavanaugh has the votes to make it out of committee and the votes to be confirmed on the floor for a seat on the U.S. Supreme Court. Sens. Flake (R-AZ), Collins (R-ME), Murkowski (R-AK), and Manchin (D-WV) are expected to vote in favor of Kavanaugh. All the Republicans are voting yes. Also, in the rumor mill, several Democrats may break ranks and back Kavanaugh. That’s the ball game, folks.

townhall.com...

I hope that's true.

I also hope Bk hold true to his comment about there being consequences for what they tried to do.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 07:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: BlueAjah

Lots of people didnt mention beer twenty thousand times while testifying to congress about an incident that involved over comsumption of beer by an under age person accused of sexual assault. Not too smart if you ask me.
And like I said this admission makes him just one of the boys to you folks. Its all ok boys will be boys stuff. Locker room games. we've heard it all already which is why I mentioned it to begin with.
I really thought it telling that he tried to make it sound all so common and ordinary asking his questioners about their drinking habits in a weak attempt at projection. Do you like beer what do you drink have you ever passed out like it was so ordinary, like it mattered when he was the one being questioned not the congresswoman he was asking( who politely informed him that she did not have a drinking problem when I would have told him that he is the subject not her). But thats just me.

I don't think you like beer.
That makes anything you say irrelevant.
No, that is not a joke.
If you liked beer you would understand the effects of it compared to liquor.
I have drank beer for a LOONNNGGG time.
I have vomited drinking too much beer.
I have never "passed out" with beer.
I have never had memory lapses with beer.
Now on the reverse side:
I have never vomited from drinking liquor.
I have passed out with liquor.
I have had memory lapses with liquor.

...............After reading this I may be.......

Hello, my name is Quad and I am a beeraholic.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Yeah, I don't like beer, not enough to ever get more than through one very good stout.

Wine and other fruit based alcohols on the other hand ...

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Its being widely reported that those four had a private meeting together after the hearing yesterday, so its possible they're planning on voting together. There are also reports that George W. Bush is calling this same group and other moderates whipping votes for Kavanaugh, which will likely play well with the same group.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 07:27 AM
link   
The American Bar Association has called for a delay of the confirmation vote until the FBI can do an investigation of the allegations. I never thought I would be quoting Allan Dershowitz in support of a post on ATS but he agrees.

www.washingtonpost.com... -confirmation-votes/?utm_term=.1ba5efbbe17f

Also calling for an FBI probe was Harvard Law School scholar Alan Dershowitz, often lauded by President Trump for his criticisms of the the probe into Russian meddling in the 2016 election. “Maybe we can get closer to the truth, although that is not certain,” Dershowitz wrote in a Fox News opinion piece. “But right now there are too many unanswered question[s] to bring the confirmation of Kavanaugh” to “a vote of the Judiciary Committee as scheduled on Friday, much less to a vote of the full Senate.” It is “possible that one of them is deliberately lying. Right now, there is no way of knowing for certain, which is why the FBI needs to talk to the judge’s accusers and others.”

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 07:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pyle
a reply to: carewemust

Kinda hard when the committee leader does allow anyone that can corroborate either persons testimony to testify or how those that can order an investigation to find evidence are sitting on their hands while yelling about the lack of evidence.

Almost like the GOP did not have these hearings in good faith.

You mean except for all the sworn statements they already had? You should assess all evidence the committee already had, not just what’s convenient for your position and then pretend they didn’t already have these “witnesses” comments to consider.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: ipsedixit

The GOP has largely considered the ABA to be a liberal advocacy group for years. They may be calling for an FBI investigation, but it isn't likely to have much weight.

www.usatoday.com...< br />

edit on 28-9-2018 by vor78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: ipsedixit

It's not the FBI pervue to investigate 30 year old local matters.

top topics

<< 139  140  141    143  144  145 >>

join