It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brexit is a Mess, how do we Fix it.

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 04:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot
Because the whole point of the referendum was to see if the majority of people wanted to leave and then act on that decision.

I fixed that for you.

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 05:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: 83Liberty

Because the whole point of the referendum was to see if the majority of people wanted to leave and then act on that decision.

I fixed that for you.

And if people change their mind before we leave shouldn't we act on that decision and not leave.

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 05:47 AM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

I cant disagree with that...

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 05:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
a reply to: alldaylong

This isn't project fear, these are actual facts.

Farmers are saying that they rely on migrant workers and with out them they don't have a workforce.

Its quite simple, its not project fear, project fear is some some sound-bite that vote leave like to to dismiss a very serious consequence of Brexit.

Sorry, there is a labour shortage in the UK, 4% Unemployment rate???

Government says if you dont cut lettuce you lose your benefits.

Job jobbed.

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 05:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

Still no one giving an actual reason against a second referendum.

I'll give you a reason ...... Because of the EU stance of trying to hang on to the

UK and squeeze as much money out of them that they can, they are wasting

time ..... that needs to be spent on what they were voted into government to

do for the UK.....GOVERNING!!

Time that can be used on MUKGA.

Ok, Give us the figures. How much does the EU squeeze from the UK and How much does the EU give back in subsidies?. Give us the actual figures. You must know them as you have listed that as your reason for voting out.

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Then let's give them the opportunity to do so. No downside.

And what exactly would that achieve?

Too much time has already been wasted ......LEAVE has already won.

Won what exactly?.

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 05:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: NiNjABackflip

originally posted by: Itisnowagain

Still not heard an argument against a second referendum.

I argue against a second vote............

Plead give an actual reason why? Genuinely can't see a single valid reason against.

The matter has already been put to a vote.

In no way precludes another vote. If people want to leave then it will confirm it. If not then we shouldn't leave.

They do want to leave, and the referendum proved that.

And if they still want to leave another referendum will confirm that. If not we shouldn't leave because of a vote 3 years in a advance.

The matter has already been decided. They voted leave, and they will leave.

You can keep saying that, still doesn't prevent a new decision being made. A fundamental point of democracy is decisions can change.

So would you lie down quietly if another referendum voted leave or just gob off until you got what you wanted?

I suggest that the leave vote would increase, Im willing to bet on it, what will you put on the table?

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 06:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol

I'll give you a reason ...... Because of the EU stance of trying to hang on to the

Ok, Give us the figures. How much does the EU squeeze from the UK and How much does the EU give back in subsidies?. Give us the actual figures. You must know them as you have listed that as your reason for voting out.

Impossible for either side to work out, we are too entrenched. However, a modicum of intellect would suggest that there more poorer nations in Europe compared to the UK, stands to reason we will pay more, plus the admin fee of Brussels....

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 06:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Forensick

Impossible for either side to work out, we are too entrenched. However, a modicum of intellect would suggest that there more poorer nations in Europe compared to the UK, stands to reason we will pay more, plus the admin fee of Brussels....

I never asked how much we pay compared to other countries, I asked how much we pay in and how much we get back. I've still yet to hear a legitimate reason why anyone voted to leave. Go on, give me a reason without regurgitating word for word something you read or heard in the anti EU media.
edit on 23-9-2018 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 06:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Forensick

I never asked how much we pay compared to other countries, I asked how much we pay in and how much we get back. I still yet to hear a legitimate reason why anyone voted to leave. Go on, give me a reason without regurgitating word for word something you read or heard in the anti EU media.

I could ask the same question.

Why would anybody want to vote remain and stay in the EU?
Through this whole process they have shown everyone what they really think of a country and its people. If anything I would think people who voted remain would now vote leave on the basis of the EU leaders showing their true colours.

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 06:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Forensick

Is not about what you are I want, its about what the majority want.

If you are that confident you should have no problem with a second referendum, yet strangely you do.

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 06:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol
Soloprotocol, the UK is one of 9 EU nations who are net contributors - do you even understand what that means?
After grants etc we pay billions each year just to be in the club. 2 thirds of nations are simply freeloaders of the other 9 nations contributions.

FFS dude just Google it, the net cost to Britain is billions each year.

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 06:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
a reply to: Soloprotocol
Soloprotocol, the UK is one of 9 EU nations who are net contributors - do you even understand what that means?
After grants etc we pay billions each year just to be in the club. 2 thirds of nations are simply freeloaders of the other 9 nations contributions.

FFS dude just Google it, the net cost to Britain is billions each year.

And the net benefit of membership is billions more.

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 06:33 AM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot
Ah well, we can find projections and forecasts for either side of the argument so we'll have to admit we won't find agreement there.

No matter, we are leaving the EU in March as I voted for so I'm running confident in my choice.
TICK TOCK TICK TOCK...

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 06:42 AM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

Enjoy yourself until March. I have a bad feeling about this and it's not only London who'll pay the price. Everything will get more expensive. Unemployment will rise. The banks are a big part of what created your wealth and they're already looking for ways to leave the sinking ship. Paris, Amsterdam and Frankfurt will benefit big time, but you have your sovereignity... whatever that means.

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 06:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple
I'm confident either some deal is reached at the last minute or we'll go WTO.
Short maybe medium term challenges of course but long term we'll be stronger and more prosperous.

I lived through the dirt poor 80's as a child so obviously my definition of a challenge is influenced by experience.
I had a free informed vote, the remain camp made it clear what they considered about the possible outcomes of WTO rules, and I voted leave.

Now is the time to be stronger and have confidence in a decision which was cast by the people.
#LeaveMeansLeave

edit on 23-9-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: stupid auto correct

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 06:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
a reply to: ScepticScot
Ah well, we can find projections and forecasts for either side of the argument so we'll have to admit we won't find agreement there.

No matter, we are leaving the EU in March as I voted for so I'm running confident in my choice.
TICK TOCK TICK TOCK...

We probably will leave in March, we better just hope you guys are right and remain are wrong about the consequences.

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 06:53 AM
link   

You got out of the 80's depression because of the free trade agreement. What makes you think you'd be better off without it? That seems a little backwards.

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 07:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple
Ah well, none of us know the future so I'm just looking forward to March.
We will never find agreement because the issue is so polarised, it was always going to be that way.
Arguing predictions of the future by either side is fruitless, I'll own my responsibility for voting leave, no problem with that...democracy n all.

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 07:07 AM
link   

You should also own it for those who voted remain, as it's not only you who'll experience the down-side of this. Be ready to give shelter to at least one person who lost their job. One poor homeless banker...

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join