It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brexit is a Mess, how do we Fix it.

page: 33
<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot

originally posted by: Freeborn
a reply to: ScepticScot

You not wanting one isn't really a valid reason.

I didn't say that.
I said that I don't think anyone has given a valid reason why a second referendum is required.

Because we should only leave the EU if the majority of people want to. The only way to know is by a referendum and we should not be bound by a vote that will be almost 3 years old at the time we leave.

Now why not have one?

I'm not sure you should be taken seriously anymore...
because for you, there is not a reason on this earth
that would prohibit another referendum.
So we that are against a 2nd vote are wasting our time entertaining you.
We are polarized... so lets just leave it there thank you.
edit on Sun, 23 Sep 2018 13:13:35 -0500131America/ChicagoSunday4 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

Clear enough for you now?

As clear as mud.

Sorry you have trouble understanding written english. Maybe you could try a night class?

Sorry you are having trouble not being able to honour the result of the referendum.

How am I not honouring the result of the referendum. If there isn't another one I think the democratic choice is to leave. Doesn't mean there shouldn't be another referendum and no one has been able to give a reason why we shouldn't.
edit on 23-9-2018 by ScepticScot because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I'll oppose anything which involves staying in the EU of course. The majority voted to leave so let's do that first eh.

See my reply bottom of last page regarding a terms of exit referendum. If you can't meet me half way there then it says more about your ideas of democracy than mine.
Compromise is one thing.

EDIT
BOTTOM OF PAGE 31

edit on 23-9-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: rigel4

originally posted by: Freeborn

You not wanting one isn't really a valid reason.

I didn't say that.
I said that I don't think anyone has given a valid reason why a second referendum is required.

Because we should only leave the EU if the majority of people want to. The only way to know is by a referendum and we should not be bound by a vote that will be almost 3 years old at the time we leave.

Now why not have one?

I'm not sure you should be taken seriously anymore...
because for you, there is not a reason on this earth
that would prohibit another referendum.
So we that are against a 2nd vote are wasting our time entertaining you.
We are polarized... so lets just leave it there thank you.

Will happily take a single valid reason for not having a second referendum. Can you provide one?

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
I'll oppose anything which involves staying in the EU of course. The majority voted to leave so let's do that first eh.

See my reply bottom of last page regarding a terms of exit referendum. If you can't meet me half way there then it says more about your ideas of democracy than mine.
Compromise is one thing.

EDIT
BOTTOM OF PAGE 31

How is removing what may be the most popular option democratic?

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Because the first one has yet to be honoured as I and millions of others voted for.
Votes cast with full and free disclosure by the remain camp about what WTO rules could mean.
My position is well reasoned even if you disagree.

EDIT
My position is clear so I'll leave you to it.
TICK TOCK TICK TOCK...

edit on 23-9-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 01:19 PM
link   

What is this morbid fear you have of leaving The E.U. ?

If de Gaulle was still alive we would never have been a member of The E.U. He vetoed every attempt we made to join.
It was only after his death we were admitted.

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
Because the first one has yet to be honoured as I and millions of others voted for.
Votes cast with full and free disclosure by the remain camp about what WTO rules could mean.
My position is well reasoned even if you disagree.

EDIT
My position is clear so I'll leave you to it.
TICK TOCK TICK TOCK...

Why is what people wanted 3 years earlier more important than now?

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 02:00 PM
link   

What is this morbid fear you have of leaving The E.U. ?

If de Gaulle was still alive we would never have been a member of The E.U. He vetoed every attempt we made to join.
It was only after his death we were admitted.

No morbid fear, just realisation that we will be almost certainly financially and socially worse off.

What has De Gaulle got to do with a UK referendum now?

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Well two polls have come out since they attacked Theresa and the polls are saying that there is an increase in people wanting to leave and do so sooner than later and blame the EU for the stone wall. It's fine wanting another vote but how about we deal with the results of the first one and then get things moving before we do. It's not wrong to ask not that should be demand the outcome be held to as it was promised and put into law. The second vote will not happen, there will be no general election until the five years are up, I predict a deal will be offered long before November and Labour will be the lead in voting it down because the would rather vote down a deal and try to force an election than do whats right for the country.

Count yourselves lucky I'm not the PM. We would've been out by now and working toward a better future not this useless back and forth with the cesspool of the EU figureheads.

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Dwoodward85

If so then you should have no objection to a second referendum. If it's the wish of the majority to leave we should leave, if the majority want to stay we should stay. That is the only democratic way.

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: 83Liberty

Because the whole point of the referendum was to see if the majority of people wanted to leave and then act on that decision.

I fixed that for you.

And if people change their mind before we leave shouldn't we act on that decision and not leave.

No. Not until they have honored the outcome of the previous referendum.

When we had the EU referendum the government (who campaigned to stay in the EU) spent £9 million on leaflets through every letterbox. In that leaflet they clearly stated, and I quote... "This is your decision. The Government will implement what you decide". Now that couldn't be clearer and that is what should happen!

If we have another vote, like you want, then that would make that statement on the £9m leaflets the biggest lie of them all in the EU referendum, and YOU'RE endorsing it.

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Because the whole point of the referendum was to see if the majority of people wanted to leave and then act on that decision.

I fixed that for you.

And if people change their mind before we leave shouldn't we act on that decision and not leave.

When we had the EU referendum the government (who campaigned to stay in the EU) spent £9 million on leaflets through every letterbox. In that leaflet they clearly stated, and I quote... "This is your decision. The Government will implement what you decide". Now that couldn't be clearer and that is what should happen!

If we have another vote, like you want, then that would make that statement on the £9m leaflets the biggest lie of them all in the EU referendum, and YOU'RE endorsing it.

So even if the majority of people now wanted to stay we should leave because of the wording in a leaflet?

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 04:06 PM
link   

I fixed that for you.

So even if the majority of people now wanted to stay we should leave because of the wording in a leaflet?

Yeah it's called democracy. Sorry it didn't work out for you this time.

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 04:07 PM
link   

I fixed that for you.

Going against the wishes of the majority would be democracy? I think you may be confused about the meaning.

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 04:14 PM
link   

I fixed that for you.

Going against the wishes of the majority would be democracy? I think you may be confused about the meaning.

No. Having a referendum where the government spent £9 million on leaflets which stated "This is your decision. The Government will implement what you decide", and then the government going through with that promise, would be democracy. Anything else would be anti-democratic, which you're endorsing.

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 04:17 PM
link   
At what Point in time , (For You) did the June 16 Referendum become invalid?

Was it a week , a month, a year ? Exactly when did you decide we need another vote to check
the validity of the original vote.

You keep going at us with ... Providing you with a valid reason to NOT hold a 2nd referendum,

So please share with us, when you think the 1st vote became null and void for you ?

EDIT: My quote function isnt working ,my reply is for Scepticscot
edit on Sun, 23 Sep 2018 16:20:23 -0500204America/ChicagoSunday4 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 04:18 PM
link   

I fixed that for you.

No. Having a referendum where the government spent £9 million on leaflets which stated "This is your decision. The Government will implement what you decide", and then the government going through with that promise, would be democracy. Anything else would be anti-democratic, which you're endorsing.

So even if the majority of people want to stay we should leave because of the wording in a leaflet from almost 3 years ago?

That isn't democracy, that's idiotic.

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: rigel4
At what Point in time , (For You) did the June 16 Referendum become invalid?

Was it a week , a month, a year ? Exactly when did you decide we need another vote to check
the validity of the original vote.

You keep going at us with ... Providing you with a valid reason to NOT hold a 2nd referendum,

So please share with us, when you think the 1st vote became null and void for you ?

I have specifically said the the first referendum should be honoured so it's not null and void. However if there is a second referendum that would supersede the result of the first.

Do you think we should leave if the majority want to stay?

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 04:23 PM
link   
The majority have already voted to Leave...
That is, my friend, the result that counts.

After they implement it, i have no problem with a new vote to rejoin.

top topics

<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join