It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brexit is a Mess, how do we Fix it.

page: 31
<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

You Germans and also The French continually break E.U. rules and get away with it. If Britain tried it we would be in The European Court.

The E.U. helps the French and Germans. It's there club. As far as i am concerned you can stuff it.

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

You got special rules and treatment for you on so many things, like you kept the pound as just one example.
But arguing about it won't change anything. March and afterwards we'll see. Good luck.

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Yes yes, of course, I'll also own it for the babies actually dying of starvation on UK streets next year after leave, I'll own it for everyone.
[/yawn]

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

Good we talk again after Brexit. Enjoy your happy time.

I'm so scared for you, how can you be so confident? Must be my angst acting up.

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 07:32 AM
link   
And best wishes to you with the 27 gang, I hope we find a deal which benefits us both, but I'll take WTO If it comes to it.
Massive change and challenges of course...the time to be truly optimistic and confident...as an independent country.

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 07:37 AM
link   

You got special rules and treatment for you on so many things, like you kept the pound as just one example

Wrong.

It was not compulsory for a country to join The Euro. Each country made it's own choice to join or not.

The U.K. decided to keep the pound.

edit on 23-9-2018 by alldaylong because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong
Thank # we kept the Pound or the logistics of leaving would be even more challenging than they are.

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

Are you suggesting Brussels controls Westminsters taxation plans for the UK.

Of course not....well at least not at present.
But as a stated aim of the EU is to abolish democratically elected national assemblies it obviously follows that the EU will be setting taxes etc.
Holyrood will be no more in your idealistic utopia and the EU will dictating all rules and laws....good luck with that one.

I remember Westminster increasing VAT and Income tax to 20% in 2008 not the EU.

Yes, but what point are you trying to make?

And it was ten years ago.

Stop living in the past and regurgitating the same old bollocks time and time again.

That statement had absolutely no relevance to any part of this debate / discussion.

At least they aint shooting them for sport.

Implying someone is shooting someone for sport....spit it out man, why can't you just say what you mean, in the most simplest of terms.
Who is shooting who?

edit on 23/9/18 by Freeborn because: grammar

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn
I'm more worried about all the babies who will be starving on the streets, and food shortages with queues outside shops like Soviet days.
Not to mention the millions dying because the NHS can't buy drugs, and crops withering in the fields with no workers to harvest them.

Oh my days!!! Why did I vote leave?!!! Why oh why...Khaaaaan!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot

Still no one has actually given a valid reason not to have another referendum.

We have, repeatedly...its just you've chosen to ignore it because it goes against your wish to remain in the EU.

I could just as easily state that no-one has given a valid reason why another referendum should take place.

Its pretty easy isn't it.

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot

Or just have another referendum to confirm the majority want to leave and potentially save all the hassle.

But that was the point of the referendum...to see whether people want to leave the EU or not.
The people voted to leave....why have another one to see if they want to leave when they've already voted to leave?

Its so simple even my seven year old grandson understands it.

I am just having fun and wondering if any of you can actually come up with a valid reason not to have a second referendum.

This is your idea of fun...?

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 09:28 AM
link   
The only thing the UK needs to do is regain it's sovereignty. It was stupid to give up control of your country borders. If you want to destroy a country and it's culture, the first thing you do is not allow them to control it's own borders. The UK to me is a colony of Germany. Germany has done to the UK, what Great Britain failed to do to American colonies.

What the UK should do is exit with no deal, push other countries to do the same thing. Once the Euro zone is broken apart, create a new deal that doesn't take away each country sovereignty. No country should be ruled by people not elected by them. If you don't have border you can control, the country is no longer yours.

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Its the start of the End of Days.
Pestilence and famine will ravage the nation....
The undead will rise again....

We're doomed I tell ya.....

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn
Haha I forgot pestilence that's a bad one, crop blight, plagues of locusts, it covers lots of doom in that.
Don't forget nobody will have gas the winter after leaving, or can only afford the heating on for 3 minutes a day.
Absolute in yer face doom I tell thee!!!

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 09:46 AM
link   
On a serious note to our Scottish members who all seem to be remainers, are you guys likely to get aggressive about leaving the EU?
You know, violent protest, calls to leave the UK etc.
I'm just wondering if y'all are angry in the wider communities like say Solo is?

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

You should also own it for those who voted remain, as it's not only you who'll experience the down-side of this. Be ready to give shelter to at least one person who lost their job. One poor homeless banker...

Bankers aren't human or persons.. no shelter for them

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: rigel4

To be fair around a third of the UK'S economic output is our financial services sector, with a good million jobs depending on it.
There will be challenges to face there as with all parts of the economy.
I knew all this when I voted leave because the remain side publicised it prior to the referendum.

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 11:37 AM
link   
There is some talk today of a second referendum but without the option to remain but rather picking from possible deal options. What would we think about that

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I still don't think there should be a second ... vote,
Remain must not be on the ballot paper if 2nd vote does make it out.

Completely unfair if it does.
edit on Sun, 23 Sep 2018 11:53:28 -05005311America/ChicagoSunday4 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin
Good question man, I've heard such talk as well.
I have to tread my fine democratic line on this and say if it is solely about the terms of leaving the EU as I voted for then I'd have to agree.

The trouble I have is the guarantee that one of the other options would be the EEA and I don't want that.
Democracy though it would still mean legal exit of the EU as I voted for, so I'd have to accept the new referendum.
I wouldn't want it though and think it is unlikely...well hope as well of course.

top topics

<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join