It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kavanaugh accuser wants a full FBI investigation before she testifies

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: ketsuko

Remember Roy Moore? I'm sure everyone does. First there was one, then there were two, etc., although I'm not sure he ever did get his day in court now that I think about it.

Moore's accusers have dropped their allegations

Link please. I missed that.

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: soberbacchus

Not gonna try to prove a negative. Show me a link that says otherwise.

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie
was it ever explained why they had a list of 65 women ready? why was it created in the first place? what did the gop already know?

The WH has refused to answer that question.

A strange thing to prepare.

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: knoxie

what did the gop already know?

that the dems will attempt any underhanded slimey trick to bypass the will of the people who gave a majority to the gop in the house and the senate?

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Not gonna try to prove a negative. Show me a link that says otherwise.

TheRedneck

???

You don't appear to understand what "prove a negative" means. I asked you to appropriately support your apparently invented claim.

I wasn't the one that just claimed Roy Moore's accusers dropped their allegations?

Apparently you base that fake claim on the fact your haven't read about it recently in the news?
They need to talk to a reporter once a week or it never happened?

That is like saying the moon no longer exists because you didn't see it today.

edit on 20-9-2018 by soberbacchus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Good God, do you people have even a basic understanding of the process?

"Throughout 25 years of public service, the Federal Bureau of Investigation has thoroughly and repeatedly vetted Judge Kavanaugh, dating back to 1993, for some of the most highly sensitive roles. He has served in the Office of Independent Counsel, the White House, and on the D.C. Circuit Court of Appeals, all before his nomination earlier this year to serve as Associate Justice on the Supreme Court".

The ignorance of the American electorate is appalling. And the willingness of the Democrats to weaponize that ignorance criminal, IMHO.

a reply to: olaru12

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 10:31 AM
link   

a reply to: ketsuko

Remember Roy Moore? I'm sure everyone does. First there was one, then there were two, etc., although I'm not sure he ever did get his day in court now that I think about it.

Moore's accusers have dropped their allegations and quietly disappeared into the night... just as predicted.

No, no day in court.

TheRedneck

Also, multiple women came forward to say that Moore's accuser's claims weren't even plausible. The restaurant and parking lot were not laid out the way they were in her story, and events could not possibly have unfolded the way she said they did.

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie
was it ever explained why they had a list of 65 women ready? why was it created in the first place? what did the gop already know?

Yes.

When word of a high-school-era sexual misconduct allegation against Kavanaugh emerged last Thursday afternoon, Meghan McCaleb and her husband, Scott, thought they and other high school friends of the nominee needed to speak out. Meghan McCaleb said she launched the letter-writing effort after discussing it with some of Kavanaugh’s former law clerks. She said she contacted friends, who contacted more friends, and they had 65 signatures by the next morning. The rapid-fire response sparked a flare of tweets, including from actresses and liberal activists Debra Messing and Patricia Arquette, questioning how anyone could line up so many high school pals so quickly to speak up for someone they didn’t actually go to school with. McCaleb says the answer is simply “how strongly all of us believe in Judge Kavanaugh and his integrity.” Some of the signers are conservative, such as podcaster and former Republican National Committee spokeswoman Virginia Hume. Others are Democrats. “This has nothing to do with politics,” said one of the signers, Megan Williams. “It’s just about character.”

Associated Press Detailed Article

In today's world of instant social media connections, it should not be amazing that many have stayed connected via social media groups.

Edit add: some more quotes from the article above, for those that don't like to read deeper.

Several said they interacted with him extensively through sporting events, dances, parties and other socializing or the phone calls that occupied teenage weeknights in the pre-texting era. One worked with him at a summer camp. A second sought his help with homework. Two dated him. Some still see him at social functions. At least one, though, hadn’t spent time or talked one-on-one with him but still felt comfortable attaching her name based on the social situations they shared. Others who signed declined to comment or didn’t respond to inquiries. The AP left messages for all 65. Some have been taken aback by the attention. Many have stayed mum to avoid “the media frenzy,” signer Maura Kane told Fox News, the outlet of choice for several who have given interviews.

edit on 9 20 2018 by CynConcepts because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 10:35 AM
link   
the claim that dr. blasey's students left bad reviews on her RateMyProfessors.com profile is false. those were regarding another dr. blasey.

her donations to Democratic committees and campaigns from 2013 to 2017 total less than $100.

wow, a lot of fake crap circulating about her. jesus.

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 10:36 AM
link   

There's been not a peep about it since the election. This is not a large urban area; if a national story were to have any continuing action, it would be reported on by someone. Especially when said national story attempted to destroy the name of a man who was considered Godly, if somewhat eccentric, by the population.

But, if you want some sort of proof that an action doesn't exist, here's the best I can come up with from AL.com:
Man killed when truck plummets 75 feet into Warrior River
Not gonna try to post a few thousand other articles that cover the entire news database for almost the last two years.

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: knoxie

wow, a lot of fake crap circulating about her. jesus.

all she has to do is show up monday and make all that fake crap go away......if she can remember....seems she has trouble with that department

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

You forget the logistics that were clearly impossible as well, such as the distances that were supposedly traveled in short (read: impossible) periods of time.

Roy Moore was railroaded into losing the election. Period.

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 10:41 AM
link   
even good ole npr wont repeat this bs story....
www.npr.org...

A former classmate of Christine Blasey Ford tells NPR that she does not know if an alleged sexual assault by Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh took place as she first suggested on social media. "That it happened or not, I have no idea," Cristina King Miranda told NPR's Nina Totenberg. "I can't say that it did or didn't."

That's different from what Miranda wrote Wednesday in a now-deleted Facebook post that stated definitively, "The incident DID happen, many of us heard about it in school."

bunch of liars

Miranda's new comments are a significant development in what remains a largely "she said, he said" account of events between Ford and Kavanaugh. "In my [Facebook] post, I was empowered and I was sure it probably did [happen]," Miranda told NPR. "I had no idea that I would now have to go to the specifics and defend it before 50 cable channels and have my face spread all over MSNBC news and Twitter."

lol
i had no idea i would get called on my bs

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Well we have at least one woman who was willing to lie and call someone a potential rapist for politics in this situation

Disgusting

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Saying that she heard about it at school at the time

And

Not knowing if it actually happened or not

Are not mutually exclusive truths.

I think the FBI should talk to her and sort it out.

edit on 20-9-2018 by soberbacchus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: norhoc
Actually they don't. A concern is the full extent of Kavanaugh's gambling endebtedness and his involvement in the Republican party. He is of course a Republican so we need to know his full involvement with big business.

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Thanks to a Whistle-blower, we now know why Christine Ford's Year Book information was removed from the Internet a few days ago.

truepundit.com...

The FBI SHOULD investigate. HER!

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Reading the article.
She never claimed to have first-hand knowledge.
She claimed to hear "buzz" at school about what happened.
I don't see the conflict.

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: soberbacchus

originally posted by: shooterbrody

originally posted by: Grambler

The woman accusing Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh of sexual assault says the FBI should investigate the incident before senators hold a hearing on the allegations.

In a letter addressed to Senate Judiciary Chairman Chuck Grassley of Iowa, and obtained by CNN's "Anderson Cooper 360," Christine Blasey Ford's attorneys argue that "a full investigation by law enforcement officials will ensure that the crucial facts and witnesses in this matter are assessed in a non-partisan manner, and that the Committee is fully informed before conducting any hearing or making any decisions."

www.cnn.com...

This reeks of a political move.

This is exactly what schumer was saying earlier.

Anything to push the conformation off.

293 days. That is how long Merrick Garland waited after President Obama Nominated him for the Supreme Court. He never even got a meeting with the GOP on judiciary committee. His Nomination finally expired when Trump took office.

What were you saying about "reeks of a political move?"

Everyone should be outraged by this crap, no matter your feelings on trump or kavanaugh.

Direct me to the OP you wrote expressing "outrage" when the GOP refused to even meet President Obama's nominee for a year and I will get back to you about joining in your "outrage" that the Dems are looking to delay a vote a few days for the FBI to follow-up with a further background check just like they did with Clarence Thomas when he was accused.

hey as long as you are honest about the attempted delay.....
perhaps you guys should just win more elections

3 days is how long it took the FBI to check out Anita Hill's accusations.

A year is how long they delayed Merrick Garland before it expired.

Hard to take this as a serious delay tactic.

Then why sit on it for two months...........

We could have heard this all 2 months ago so dont act like it isnt political and yea I know the right did the same thing, but this back and forth BS needs to stop. If you got something on Trump then show it, will be the first to say impeach him etc. but you got to have proof, not innuendo and half truths.

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Saying that she heard about it at school at the time

And

Not knowing if it actually happened or not

Are not mutually exclusive truths.

I think the FBI should talk to her and sort it out.

yeah....
cause thats what the fbi does and stuff...
yeah....
they investigate random lies on facebook....
yeah....

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join