It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kavanaugh accuser wants a full FBI investigation before she testifies

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

why she cant even remember the date of the alleged assault or the scene of the alleged crime, i doubt a police department would even take a report without, you know, actual facts

ok so now we will vet everyone from what they did as children? is that a precedent we want to set? i dont think so

I agree with you on both counts. That's the whole point. By allowing testimony, we not only give the accuser a legitimate chance to get their accusation on the record, but we also allow her to show, once and for all, that she has no realistic claim. That's the way things are handled in a legal setting: accusations may be made, but they live or die based on the facts and veracity of the witness(es).

If we simply dismiss the allegations, everything reverts to partisan bickering. That is also something we do not want.

I am tired of dancing around this, it was an ambush attempt when they saw all other efforts fail.

Of course it was! So why not allow those trying to stage the ambush to trip themselves up so all can see it for what it is?

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

That's the way things are handled in a legal setting: accusations may be made, but they live or die based on the facts and veracity of the witness(es).

An actual "accusation" would include a date and place.
She lacks both unless i am mistaken.
She does not deserve to waste the senates time, as this is all this exercise has been for.

Of course it was! So why not allow those trying to stage the ambush to trip themselves up so all can see it for what it is?

Because they were given a majority in the house and senate; they do not have to allow anyone to do anything.
Follow the damn rules and do their jobs.

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

I've been raped too -- so let's just not go there.

I have not followed this closely, but didn't she go to a private girls school?

My point is perspective.

She may have been very naive, over protected by her parents.

I know that, so do you see this one and the same as your encounter?

I think you ask "do you believe him" in another post. I believe he came forward and stated he was never at a party with her. This is about as strong a statement as one could make and the most damming if it wasn't true. He could have said I don't remember ever being at a party with her, or 50 other variances of that and still cover his @ss, but it seems he went full absolute with he was never at a party with her, so yes I believe him on that.

If this did happen and it played out kind of like she said I can see friends at a party playing around like a lot of teens do. They might have seen it as joking (she did say they were laughing the whole time) and at some point it became more serious for her and they didn't see it at first. The important thing here is the situation never evolved past the initial point of playing around, she said Judge jump on them laughing and that ended it all.

So looking at her words it seems they had no intention of raping her or anything close to that...There is such a fine line here in whether she would see it all as fun too or got a little worried that I just need to look at the end result to make a opinion and the end result is nothing further happened past the initial teens horseplayish actions.

edit on 20-9-2018 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
Interesting (and sad) wrinkle to the story:
Why Christine Blasey Ford's High School Yearbooks were scrubbed: Faculty Approved Racism, Binge Drinking and Promiscuity

Archived copies of the scrubbed yearbook are issuu.com...&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=ca" target="_blank" class="postlink"> here.
Its not a pretty picture.

ETA: My apologies for not being able to get the archive link to format properly... I really tried!

Really?

OK. Seen Kaveaugh's yearbook?

The yearbook entry contains a reference to the “Devil’s Triangle,” an obscure phrase sometimes used as slang for a sexual encounter involving two men and a woman.

Kavanaugh’s entry lists hazy memories and club memberships in no particular order.
“Keg City Club (Treasurer) — 100 Kegs or Bust,” the entry reads.

www.nydailynews.com...

And this ?

Kavanaugh in 2015:
'What happens at Georgetown Prep, stays at Georgetown Prep'

www.politico.com...

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: soberbacchus

If all of this is BS then why is the GOP terrified of having the FBI declare it BS?

it took FBI 3 days to follow up on the Anita Hill allegations

The difference is this would not be a 3 day event and it would be dragged out past elections, and that is something the Dems are playing for and something the Reps do not want. Why is this so hard to see this...That is why this became a 11th hour event...

The Democrats want to push this for two years to get their own person in office to pick their own judge, it is that simple. If they take the majority then that is what will happen, if they can drag this out until they take the majority then it all goes to plan.

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 12:29 PM
link   

An actual "accusation" would include a date and place.
She lacks both unless i am mistaken.

That would be a "credible" accusation. My point (and likely the reason she is trying to stall for time).

Because they were given a majority in the house and senate; they do not have to allow anyone to do anything.
Follow the damn rules and do their jobs.

There I will disagree... a majority does not override the obligations of the job. One can easily interpret the "damn rules" to include being open to potential new information. The proper protocol would be to allow one and only one extension, as has been done, to allow for such.

Again, if Ford does not agree to a hearing Monday by 10:00 tomorrow, hold the vote at 11:00 tomorrow. If she does, hold the vote first thing Tuesday morning. Any additional accusations should be closed; if serious enough, Congress may impeach. But no more delays after this.

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 12:31 PM
link   
No need to get the FBI involved as we don't like the FBI, because Trump doesn't like the FBI ... and we do as Trump tells us as we are unable to think for ourselves ;-)

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Looks like Cory booker who is one of the people on the lead saying there needs to be a full fbi investigation to these claims has admitted to groping a woman against her will in high school

www.foxnews.com...

I assume he will refrain from his duties in the senate and be demanding a full investigation into himself

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

There I will disagree... a majority does not override the obligations of the job.

Guess that depends on how one defines "obligations of the job".
The fbi completed its job and found none of this hullabaloo, or can the fbi not do its job now either?
They should have put this out of committee yesterday and voted in the senate today.

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: soberbacchus

Yes, I have seen it. And? So? What is your point?

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: soberbacchus

If all of this is BS then why is the GOP terrified of having the FBI declare it BS?

it took FBI 3 days to follow up on the Anita Hill allegations

The FBI is not going to conduct an investigation. They have said this several times to several different people: There is no federal crime alleged, so the FBI is not going to be getting involved in it. It would be a local matter, but no law enforcement agency is going to waste its time investigating an unprovable 30-year-old claim that is long past any statute of limitations. The Democrats know all of this. They're just trying to delay the nomination.

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Guess that depends on how one defines "obligations of the job".

Agreed.

The fbi completed its job and found none of this hullabaloo, or can the fbi not do its job now either?

Of course it can, and it did. One of the questions I would like to see asked is if Ford had ever been questioned by the FBI previously, and if so, why did she not disclose the information then?

I agree with the FBI on this: their job is done. Any potential violation is clearly outside their jurisdiction and the accusations have left them little to nothing substantial with which to start an investigation in any case. Their job is done.

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Booker is a dumpster fire

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimD350
No need to get the FBI involved as we don't like the FBI, because Trump doesn't like the FBI ... and we do as Trump tells us as we are unable to think for ourselves ;-)

So what would the FBI investigate? A teen party that happened 36 years ago where in the end no crime was committed past what could be describe as teen horseplay...lol

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
Looks like Cory booker who is one of the people on the lead saying there needs to be a full fbi investigation to these claims has admitted to groping a woman against her will in high school

I assume he will refrain from his duties in the senate and be demanding a full investigation into himself

I really dislike this whole groping label we are now applying to teens that are figuring out their sexuality. In case people have forgotten we are a sexual animal, and it seems we lost the subtilize of what that all means as teens (males and females) blindly "grop" their way through it all...lol

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

www.foxnews.com...

This was his real Spartacus moment.

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
The GOP and trump wants to push this nomination thru as fast as they can because they know there are other women K. assaulted waiting to spill the beans on him.

Got anything to show this ?

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie

the claim that dr. blasey's students left bad reviews on her RateMyProfessors.com profile is false. those were regarding another dr. blasey.

There is only one Blasey listed for Palo Alto, and to find here specificly you have to dig into their psychology staff listing for a specific department. She isn't even listed on the front page of their faculty list, you have to find her in a specific department.

Can you show there is another Blasey Ford at Palo Alto ?

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
a reply to: Grambler

The FBI should investigate Kavanaugh's entire history, tax records, and personal contacts.

Just like anyone applying for a job in Law enforcement.

Should? They have done EXACTLY that 6 times already.

I'm not even convinced this lady, Ms. Ford, is handling this on her own any more. The only reason we know who she is, is because Democrats ambushed her. They deliberately managed this information in order to pressurize it and create the highest amount of fireworks, and then someone on the Dem side leaked Ms. Ford's name to the press triggering a feeding frenzy.

ANYONE who has a basic understanding of law, knows the FBI can NOT investigate this particular event.

What the Dems are relying on is the outrage and emotion of their base to force the issue into the media, reality, and United States Code be damned.

Last time I checked... underage drinkers at pool parties doesn't constitute a Federal case worthy of anything, other than derision and mocking for anyone suggesting FBI gets into it.

Ms. Ford's specific experiences are fair discussion. Weaponizing Federal Law Enforcement for political gain, despite it's apparent use by Democrats over the last few years, is gross legal negligence and criminal activity in it's own right. Technically, it can fall under the legal term of "Conspiracy".

From Blacks Law Dictionary:

"What is CONSPIRACY?

In criminal law. A combination or confederacy between two or more persons formed for the purpose of committing, by their joint efforts, some unlawful or criminal act, or some act which is innocent in itself, but becomes unlawful when done by the concerted action of the conspirators, or for the purpose of using criminal or unlawful means to the commission of an act not in itself unlawful."

The FBI is already in full panic mode... with Lisa Page and others cooperating with Prosecutor Huber and a Grand Jury.

FBI is a non-issue, and the circumstances surrounding it make the suggestion that "The FBI needs to investigate..." a pathetic completely ridiculous abuse of law enforcement powers.

Any "crime" from many years ago must stand on it's fact merit on its OWN. The fact that it is being attached to a SCOTUS nomination process is a lie and fraud on a public that doesn't understand the law and it's limitations.

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Prof. Ford is now saying she will testify but not Monday and only in certain conditions are met.

I don't think this is gonna work for the Committee either. Who the hell does she think she is?

stall stall stall..

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join