It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kavanaugh accuser wants a full FBI investigation before she testifies

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+49 more 
posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 07:28 PM
link   

The woman accusing Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh of sexual assault says the FBI should investigate the incident before senators hold a hearing on the allegations.

In a letter addressed to Senate Judiciary Chairman Chuck Grassley of Iowa, and obtained by CNN's "Anderson Cooper 360," Christine Blasey Ford's attorneys argue that "a full investigation by law enforcement officials will ensure that the crucial facts and witnesses in this matter are assessed in a non-partisan manner, and that the Committee is fully informed before conducting any hearing or making any decisions."

www.cnn.com...

This reeks of a political move.

This is exactly what schumer was saying earlier.

Anything to push the conformation off.

Will post more later.

ETA:

I have more to say on this than I can type.

As someone who has known both victims of sexual abuse, and people falsely labeled as perpetrators of it, the blatant weaponizing of this story for purely political purposes is disgusting.

First we had feinstein setting on the story, now we have the accuser unwilling to testify. This is all just a blatant stalling tactic.

Here is my prediction;

First the dems will smear any republican that suggests the conformation go on as not caring about sexual abuse victims (despite themselves setting on the story for 6 weeks and not caring about ellisons accusers)

Then I believe that once the republicans announce the date for the conformation, the accuser will say a day or so out that she is upset the FBI is not investigating, but has changed her mind and does not want to talk to the senate.

Then the dems will demand the vote be put on hold again, further delaying the process. Somewhere along the line, I would not be surprised if an establishment republican or two joins the dems in saying they demand to hear from this woman before voting (even though she had her chance)

They will also demand that kavanaugh and no republican be allowed to question the accuser about possible motivations or holes in her story, and say that anyone who does that is attacking a victim.

The republicans should just say this woman can speak monday, if she misses her chance, the vote will go on.

The precedent that the dems are setting here is once again incredibly dangerous, but their msm mouth pieces will go along with it hook line and sinker.

Everyone should be outraged by this crap, no matter your feelings on trump or kavanaugh.

(sorry the video was set to private, should work now!)
edit on 18-9-2018 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

The FBI should investigate Kavanaugh's entire history, tax records, and personal contacts.

Just like anyone applying for a job in Law enforcement.
edit on 18-9-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

+17 more 
posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 07:33 PM
link   
It reeks of pure desperation. The Dems are willing to ruin Kavanaughs career and life and the accusers to attempt to stall until after midterms.

+77 more 
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Spoiler alert... they already have as he was a federal judge.

+41 more 
link   

I am pretty sure that Kavanaugh has been fully vetted by now. He has had a long career in the justice system.

This is just a delay tactic.

+28 more 
link   

They already have. It’s called a background check plus govt vetting.

+21 more 
posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: avgguy

They need to just come out tomorrow and say we are going ahead with the vote on Thursday as originally planned

+36 more 
posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Obvious.
They (she and her attorney) know the FBI already rejected this.
This is a ploy to avoid testifying under oath...because it's a fraud...and been a fraud since it was floated.

+27 more 
posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Why should the FBI get involved, did Kavanaugh's alleged activities cross state lines?

She can't even name the year that it supposedly happened.

This has become a very bad cartoon. And the losers in the senate will fail to show any backbone and call this what it is.

link   
a reply to: norhoc

That’s what Grassley originally said.

link   
a reply to: norhoc

Glad I scrolled through before saying it. 3 times I believe?

+19 more 
posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 07:37 PM
link   

He has had 6 background checks already completed by the FBI. No doubt he has some sort of security clearance so they have already dug through all of that.

The biggest single obstacle in background security checks is outstanding debt, if you have more than usual, you will be denied.

+7 more 
posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

The FBI should investigate Kavanaugh's entire history, tax records, and personal contacts.

Sure, we all know we can trust the FBI to be fair and forthright, right? Oh, wait...

+14 more 
posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 07:39 PM
link   

They already did, if you had been paying attention you would know that.

+12 more 
posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 07:42 PM
link   
What's next?

Maybe she will demand that Peter Strzok be reinstated and put in charge of the FBI investigation in her case.

Yep that too could work.

+14 more 
posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: ausername

No, next she will claim Donald trump was there and video taped the whole thing while putin and the Russians provided the vodka

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: norhoc
a reply to: ausername

No, next she will claim Donald trump was there and video taped the whole thing while putin and the Russians provided the vodka

Maybe there were Russian prostitutes there too?

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 07:45 PM
link   

This reeks of a political move.

It sure does. Its absolutely reprehensible.

But I really hope these silly political games are the worst of it... It could be so much worse. I hate to even think it, and I take no pleasure or satisfaction in doing so, but I do. I do fear the worst before it gets better.

Desperate people do desperate things.

+11 more 
posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 07:50 PM
link   

They Already DID , 6 Times . Don't you get the Paper Delivered to your Cave ?

+5 more 
posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 07:51 PM
link   

What would this make, the seventh time he's been examined by the FBI?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join