It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kavanaugh accuser wants a full FBI investigation before she testifies

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: EchoesInTime
Prof. Ford is now saying she will testify but not Monday and only in certain conditions are met.

I don't think this is gonna work for the Committee either. Who the hell does she think she is?

stall stall stall..

Push push push..

GOP is rushing to push Kavanaugh through.

How is one right and the other wrong?

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Prof. Ford is now saying she will testify but not Monday and only in certain conditions are met.

I don't think this is gonna work for the Committee either. Who the hell does she think she is?

stall stall stall..

Push push push..

GOP is rushing to push Kavanaugh through.

How is one right and the other wrong?

There is no push....the average from nomination to confirmation is 25 days....so far we are over double that....

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimD350
No need to get the FBI involved as we don't like the FBI, because Trump doesn't like the FBI ... and we do as Trump tells us as we are unable to think for ourselves ;-)

Actually, no, this isn't in the FBI's purview to investigate. It really isn't and wouldn't be even if Kavanaugh were a liberal appointee who hated guns and the Bible and wanted to abolish both the 1st and 2nd Amendments, and the accuser was a woman from Hillsdale College brought forward at the 11th hour by Ted Cruz.

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

She had 35 years to tell her story to the police or come forward. She doesn't run the Senate and shouldn't be allowed to dictate to them.

Monday is the deadline. Put up or Shut up and go away.

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 03:24 PM
link   

She had 35 years to tell her story to the police or come forward. She doesn't run the Senate and shouldn't be allowed to dictate to them.

So what.

I was raped and would have done the same thing.

The way women are treated after reporting is why.

Times are changing with the MeToo movement, but OBVIOUSLY (due to how women are still treated)-- it's barely a scratch.

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 03:25 PM
link   
www.wral.com...

Exactly what I predicted in the op

She waited until the day before the deadline to testify, now has agreed but is saying it can’t be Monday

(I wrote she would not want to talk to the senate but that was a typo as my YouTube video shows, I knew she would change her mind at the last minute and agree to talk to the senate after the date they set)

I knew this would happen because she is listening to the democrats, and this is all about delaying

edit on 20-9-2018 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

I predict she'll agree to any date after the midterms, in private, closed doors, off the record, not under oath and only democrats on the committee can ask her questions.

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Wow.
I can't imagine anything in her world that could be more important than telling her story and clearing this up.
It's like a slap in the face to every citizen of this country.
The epitome of self importance.
If I were on the committee, I would insist she make arrangements to appear on Monday. If she does not show up, the vote commences Tuesday morning.
Period
Perhaps they should subpoena her.
I'm just blown away by the audacity...
LOL

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Times are changing with the MeToo movement, but OBVIOUSLY (due to how women are still treated)-- it's barely a scratch.

At least we seem to have moved past the days where women who came forward were openly labeled "bimbos" in the media.

That's progress.

Unfortunately, if we take everything we've been told by and on behalf of Professor Ford at face value, the only reason we're having this discussion at all is because her trust and privacy have been betrayed by the very people she confided in.

That's not progress.

Add in the obvious opportunistic calculation and deployment of notorious political operatives to orchestrate this affair -- on the heels of weeks of open and deliberate disruption of a supreme court confirmation process -- and whatever credibility Professor Ford may have is hopelessly diluted by the vile den of snakes in which she now resides, with the credibility of the #MeToo movement suffering along with her.

If we could all agree that such mistreatment and exploitation of alleged sexual assault victims is wrong and refrain from rewarding slimy political con games like this one by refusing to play along with them, that would be progress.

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 04:28 PM
link   

But she WASN'T raped!!!!

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 04:34 PM
link   
do guilty people typically beg for an investigation?

why doesn't kavanguah want one?

is a few days delay really that big of a deal?

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Majic

Why do women get the benefit of the doubt in this situation?

We've seen time and time again that women are as manipulative as men in this regard and yet we are supposed to suspend all thought and believe her story at face value?

Sorry, there is no evidence this happened and people are even denying this happened......but we have to assume she's not the liar????

Equal treatment also includes being called into doubt when your story seems to be inconsistent.

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: knoxie

When did Kavanaugh say he didn't want an investigation?

And YES, a few days delay is a big deal. A few days isnt just a "few days", and you know it. Stop being obtuse.

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: SourGrapes

if what she alleges is true - what would you call it? it sure as hell sounds like attempted rape to me.

do you have a daughter?

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: SourGrapes

a few days is a big deal?

can you explain why?

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Considering what has happened to other men in the metoo age, I wouldn't publicly speak at all on it except to say no comment.

Some of those involved investigations where the man was proven 100% innocent and yet their lives and careers were ruined by the ... men are guilty people.

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 04:42 PM
link   

So what.

It won't be too long now until every man in the US belongs to MGTOW.

Men are damned if they do and damned if they don't when it comes to relationships with women.

How the hell are they supposed to find a wife and get married if everything they do is wrong?

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 04:43 PM
link   

She's playing games. It's time for her to STFU and GTFO.

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 04:43 PM
link   

I call it like I see it. This is bullsnip and I'm appalled at how this entire situation demeans every single survivor of rape and assault. They are making a mockery of the real true victims out there.

Yes, I have a 16 year old daughter that I am raising to NOT be a liar.

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 04:44 PM
link   

So what.

Annee...
You've mentioned your own rape by your ex-boyfriend at least three times in this thread.

If this Ford woman inspires you...maybe you should publicly accuse YOUR rapist to the authorities.
I know you said he "felt bad" about it afterwards and you let him off the hook...but how do you know he hasn't hurt any others since he raped you?

Apparently, there is no time limit on making public accusations.
It allegedly happened 37 years ago for Dr. Ford.

How many years ago did your ex-boyfriend rape you?
Why don't you report him now?

new topics

top topics

<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join