It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dallas Officer Kills Man After Walking Into Wrong Apartment: Police

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 06:34 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

And proceeded to then shoot the occupant?

With the way things go for me- I'd be the one getting shot!

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 06:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: howtonhawky
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Remember this jewel from monday?

This guy claimed that dallas sheriff had a hit out on him and the killer missed and killed someone else and he was so worried about being heard he felt the best way was to make a bunch of fliers stating "HIGH TREASON" in dallas and ram his truck into the local news media building.

Yeah... I do not believe in 'coincidence' any more.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: wylekat

Well there is bad luck mate......and then there is a so-called Police officer unlawfully entering into your apartment and shooting you dead for absolutely no other reason than her own stupidity.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: murphy22

During my service, I witnessed a number of negligent discharges within the ranks, both officers and enlisted. Stuff happens, even in the military and in the LEO world.

It is a tragic situation that never should have occurred. The officer has been charged and will face trial. No cover up nor have there been attempts to paint the situation other than what it is, a tragedy.

Too often we exploit situations in order to push our own agendas. We need to stop so we can fix real issues and not create new ones.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: DJMSN

Got to wonder though if she makes stupid mistakes that lead to people being shot dead, then how many others has she made whilst on the job?

When Police commit offenses like this it calls into question their whole career really.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Thanks for the great response.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: DJMSN

Too often we exploit situations in order to push our own agendas. We need to stop so we can fix real issues and not create new ones.

I agree.

It would be better if we could get to a point where blood does not have to be shed in order to get to fix the real issues.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555
Link

OK, I'm caught up and I see the article has been updated. Watching that video of the mother is heart wrenching. Good student, active in church and hard working at a good job and someone walks in and shoots you for being in your own apartment.

I think if they don't at least convict of manslaughter, it would be a true injustice.

I can sort of see it playing out. Unlocked door, the guy hears someone breaking in and who knows how he reacted. I'd have grabbed the nearest available weapon and reacted strongly. It's likely just a sad story of things spiraling out of control, but even so the punishment needs to be severe.

This is what that link says...

A Dallas police officer, who spoke with NBC 5 under the condition of anonymity, said the female officer was assigned to the department's elite Crime Response Team and had just finished a 14-hour shift serving warrants in high-crime areas. When she arrived home, she took the elevator to a floor that was not hers. She then went to what she thought was her door, put the key in and struggled with the lock. She then put down several things she was holding and continued to fight with the key when the resident swung open the door and startled her. The officer believed Jean, who was wearing only underwear, was an intruder and shot him with her service weapon. It wasn't until police and rescue units began arriving that she realized she was not at her apartment. Once realizing her deadly mistake, she became emotional and fully cooperated with officers, including offering to provide blood samples.

The door wasn't unlocked.

The man opened the door after hearing someone trying to open it wearing only underwear and was gunned down for 'startling' her.
edit on 9Sat, 08 Sep 2018 09:26:51 -0500America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago9 by Greven because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 09:49 AM
link   

During my service, I witnessed a number of negligent discharges within the ranks, both officers and enlisted. Stuff happens, even in the military and in the LEO world.

Yes, screw ups happen but this is a level above a negligent discharge.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I am starting to see how this could happen based on her day, being an officer and auto pilot of action kicking in. Doesn't make it right or lessen it any though.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

"She then put down several things she was holding and continued to fight with the key"

Its the struggles with a key in the door yet managed to draw her weapon and shoot someone dead in an instant part i have a problem with.

If she was fumbling with keys then how did she manage to draw and fire her weapon without fumbling?

edit on 8-9-2018 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Yes- and this was nothing like 'bad luck'.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: wylekat

Yep hell of a definition to apply to what amounts to Manslaughter at the very least.

Plenty of other people could have made the mistake yet managed not to off the victim at the drop of a hat.

Then again they probably would not have been armed whilst calling at your door mistakenly or otherwise.

Guns may not kill people directly, but stupid Police bastards sure do.

And she was tired simply does not cut it im afraid.

Should not have been walking around nor in charge of a firearm whilst in such a discombobulated condition.
edit on 8-9-2018 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 10:30 AM
link   
If that anonymous source is correct she should be toast, I imagine they will knock time in jail down some do to cooperation, but that looks about as clear cut as you can get heading into a court case.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 10:33 AM
link   

She put down the items. So she was empty handed when the man opened the door to find out who was trying to enter. The key could have been in the lock or dropped.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

Could have been, she might even have gotten the key stuck in the lock because it did not fit.

Yet she managed to seamlessly draw her firearm and execute an unarmed Man in an instant.

How come she cant work a simple key and lock yet managed to draw, aim, and fire a gun without issue?

Consider also the so-called officer in question serves warrants in high-crime areas daily so she essentially knows the score regarding knocking on doors.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Training if she was on an elite unit, that worked high crime areas she has probably gotten more time on the range than the average beat cop.

The entire point of training in martial arts, or the military is get to the point when you are in conflict you don't think your body does what it is trained to do.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

"The entire point of training in martial arts, or the military is get to the point when you are in conflict you don't think your body does what it is trained to do."

I thought such training was inclined to make you use your mind before engaging in senseless violence?

Guess this elite unit's training leaves a lot to be desired if indeed unarmed persons are being offed on their own doorstep down to said training?

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Yea in a perfect world that's how it works.

But when you are physically exhausted training is meant to carry you through a conflict even though you cant think that fast.

without any additional context on what her day was like beyond it was 14 hours long, you are talking out your backside making judgement.

Please note I still think she should go down for manslaughter, but if it was 14 hours of tough physical risky work I could see why she was on edge and her training took over.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 11:23 AM
link   

How come she cant work a simple key and lock yet managed to draw, aim, and fire a gun without issue?

Because the key is not the correct one for the lock. It will not work.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join