It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dallas Officer Kills Man After Walking Into Wrong Apartment: Police

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Like others have said. I can understand going up to the wrong door on accident, thinking it is yours. But how the heck could you not recognize the inside of the apartment is different. There is no way that both apartments are furnished exactly the same.
edit on 7-9-2018 by karmicecstasy because: I am beginning to think our police see Judge Dredd as a documentary and not the satire it started out as.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

questions i have:

what is the location of the officer's apartment in relation to the victim's apartment?

did the officer have a relationship (or former relationship) with the victim?

was the officer having conflict with the neighbor? ex: loud music after 10pm? parks in her spot every other thursday?

did the victim file any complaints against the officer? complaint with the apartment complex about her? or complaint against the officer in her place of employment?

as always i will hold off on bashing the police until we hear all the evidence. it never ceases to amaze me how quick people jump on the "EFFF THE POLICE!!!" bandwagon. there might be more to this than the short article provides.

the officer may be negligent and should be tried in court and evidence presented.

the police force is an important part of our society. we need them.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Every article I've read mentions that she was placed on administrative leave but it sounds like she isn't currently in jail. Why not? If I came home to the wrong apartment and shot some body my happy-ass would have been taken straight to jail.

Happy this happened in Texas; send her to the chair and let the murderer fry.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: subfab

True

However as presented by the media the story based on the evidence so far is looking like negligence and homicide.

Sadly there is some precedence that shows cops have not been prosecuted when the get the wrong address and kill. This is not quite the same but...

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 01:04 PM
link   
This just in...

DALLAS A Dallas police officer will be charged with manslaughter after she walked into an apartment she mistakenly believed was her own on Thursday night and shot and killed a 26-year-old man who was inside, Chief Renee Hall said.

Dallas cop who walked into wrong apartment, killed man to be charged with manslaughter

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 01:06 PM
link   

The Associated Press
‏Verified account @AP
5m5 minutes ago

BREAKING: Dallas police chief says her department is seeking a warrant for manslaughter in an officer's killing of a neighbor.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: caterpillage
Beginning to think police shouldn't be allowed to have guns.

Yup, armed response teams are surely better than every gun toting officer of the LAW having them, I can not fathom when the USA allowed LEO's such use of firearms to resolve an issue, if the home owner had been armed also I take it he could have fired as he feared for his life.

Dam shame that a mans home is not his castle

RIP

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

The Associated Press
‏Verified account @AP
5m5 minutes ago

BREAKING: Dallas police chief says her department is seeking a warrant for manslaughter in an officer's killing of a neighbor.

So what does manslaughter really mean?

Does that include reduced sentences vs murder or is it same mostly?

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

Manslaughter means you killed someone. Could be accidently, or in a spur of the moment fit, not having done it with premeditated thought.
(Lol not an official definition, just as I understand it)
And yeah, usually has a much lighter sentence

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: caterpillage

Yea after looking there is no death sentence for such.

It seems that a sentence of 1-30yrs for man slaughter with the use of firearm

So that would apparently mean that they have investigated the matter and found no connection between the two so they deemed it not premeditated.

eta
I call super bs on that charge.

One definitely has to premeditate in order to pull a gun from a holster and DECIDE to pull the trigger.

She decided to murder someone. Manslaughter seems to be more like killing someone in a car accident.

Protection at every turn for the blue.

edit on 7-9-2018 by howtonhawky because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 01:29 PM
link   
In all the years I have been on this planet, not once, no matter how much "under the influence" (and yes, I'm not just talking about alcohol here!) I have been, have I ever mistaken someone else's residence for my own. This sounds wrong. I hope she is convicted of some crime which will require her presence in a prison and that her ability to ever have anything to do with law enforcement has been revoked.

The story as reported, stinks. IMHO

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 01:35 PM
link   
This stinks...

Like others have said:

• Didn't recognize the interior decoration?
There are MANY reasons to call shullbit on this claim.
Police are people too, but they are on a magnitude more likely to have situational awareness embedded in their instincts. The only times I have ever heard of oblivious entering is when the individual is utterly bombed.

The human mind has so many subconscious systems that activate when it enters 'home.'

• I can't help but wonder what the victim knew? What did they see, who did they see, what did they hear, what risk did their existence pose?

• Did this officer get told to take a fall for someone? Take out the risk, we'll take care of you later.

I don't like conspiracies (actually, I love them) but this stinks...

...I didn't read all of the articles, maybe I missed a detail that burns my post down...

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 01:45 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Remember this jewel from monday?

This guy claimed that dallas sheriff had a hit out on him and the killer missed and killed someone else and he was so worried about being heard he felt the best way was to make a bunch of fliers stating "HIGH TREASON" in dallas and ram his truck into the local news media building.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I kinda think the original plan was to just sweep it under the rug and clear her do the the usual, felt threatened, victim acted aggressively, etc.

But the public is going nuts on it, so damage control had to be done on the quick. Manslaughter makes it look like they are dishing out justice, and gives them time to find an edge to make the dept come out in a better light.

These things are getting harder and harder to make go away, the people are getting sick to death of over reacting cops killing people.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

Stupid bastard.

Thing is when stupidity is synonymous with Police mentality accidents like this are not just lightly to happen, there in the post.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

I've accidentally gone to wrong car,

I've done that more times than I can count.
Mostly, I'm distracted- more than once given keys and told "it's the (whatever color and make of car) out that a way". More than once, damn car door was unlocked, too. After a few rounds of that, I asked for a license plate #.

We now have a car that looks precisely like 5 million OTHER cars in town. I know at some point, I'll try to open the wrong damn car door...

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 02:29 PM
link   

"At the very early stages of this investigation -- initial indications were that they were what we consider circumstances of an officer-involved shooting. However, as we continued this investigation it became clear that we were dealing with what appears to be a much different and very unique situation."

Hall -- who didn't provide details on that situation -- said police aren't handling the case under the department's usual officer-involved shooting protocol.

Link

Looks as though the police believe that something is wrong with the picture

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I'm finding it interesting they refuse to say the name of the cop who shot the guy.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flatcoat
Well, the thing is, he wouldn't listen to me anyway. I'm not going to be able to change his mind so I called him a f**kin idiot once, and left it at that.

Ah. I see you really gave it the college try.

There are several things you can still do to try to help him understand the danger he poses.

In the extreme, you could call the cops or stop being a friend, explain why you don't want to be their friend and remove yourself from their life.

If they refuse to stop, they care more about drinking and driving than being your friend.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: wylekat

I believe she is not currently in custody, if they put her name out there, a mob would come after her no doubt. People are seriously pissed off.
She does need to answer for her actions, and face punishment, but not at the hands of vigilantes

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join