It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dallas Officer Kills Man After Walking Into Wrong Apartment: Police

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Scrutinizing

Yep, the accident angle seems to have evaporated.

Maybe she had been staying with him in his apartment, he called it over, she comes back acting as it isn't over and when rejected goes ballistic. That might answer the open up talk. I could see that angle.

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

Yep, the accident angle seems to have evaporated.

Maybe she had been staying with him in his apartment, he called it over, she comes back acting as it isn't over and when rejected goes ballistic. That might answer the open up talk. I could see that angle.

Agree. The scorned lover motive is even as common as dirt, and not necessarily a matter of going ballistic. She could have carefully thought out this whole thing, as the circumstances also seem to indicate some degree of design, such a ready explanation that could get a maybe, as is often the case with criminals that think they're smart enough to pull it off. Some things are a little too neat about how he was shot and her story.

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
Yep. She knew him before hand they were friends at the least and possibly more.

It's not a mistaken apartment thing. It's a she shot him for another reason thing.

Ah that explains why cnn and the left didnt go straight to the racist card. Although im surprised they still didnt jump the gun , since they never like to have facts or completed investigation get in the way of using the racist card
edit on 55930America/ChicagoSun, 09 Sep 2018 09:55:38 -0500000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Yes, Could be that being an officer she thought she could make a shooting work for her. These plans have a 99.5% fail rate.

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Yes, Could be that being an officer she thought she could make a shooting work for her. These plans have a 99.5% fail rate.

What's fortunate is that most criminals are narcissistic and dumb, bottom line. By and large, I've always realized the evil mind is also a degenerate mind, pitted against good minds, reasons for this, but this another discussion. Obviously, the slammer is full of people that were convinced they were smarter than the cops, just as obviously, if they were smart, they'd not have done the evil they did, in the first place.

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 10:11 AM
link   

No matter what went on, this is a pretty stupid play. I still have to wonder if emotions at the short term played into it.

Jilted lover...
edit on 9/9/2018 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 10:22 AM
link   

No matter what went on, this is a pretty stupid play. I still have to wonder if emotions at the short term played into it.

Jilted lover...

Yes! I didn't mean to even imply there wasn't anger involved, if it's jilted lover, for sure, was simply pointing out angry people also plot what is known as cold blooded murder, I would imagine any murder involving some element of hate, or it wouldn't be known as malice murder. Look at Jodi Arias, jilted and a plot so elaborate it left enough holes to strain pasta through.

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Hopefully the truth will be out some day.

I just have this feeling she didn't expect to not be able to enter his place and went ballistic. Emotion over rode the idea that shooting the person is not a solution.

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
Amber Guyger, police officer named in Dallas fatal shooting, shot a suspect in 2017: report

Guyger, 30, a four-year veteran of the Dallas Police Department assigned to the Southeast Patrol Division, was identified late Saturday by Dallas police as the white officer who fatally shot Botham Jean, 26, in the South Side Flats apartment complex in Dallas around 10 p.m. local time Thursday.

The confirmation by police of Guyger's involvement in Jean's death followed the disclosure of the officer's name earlier in the day by the Dallas Morning News, the newspaper reported. Her name had already been circulating in social media posts, the report said.

The police confirmation of Guyger's name followed several days of criticism of the department for not identifying the officer sooner.

Whether Guyger will be charged with a crime in connection with Jean's death is the subject of a Texas Rangers investigation.

click link for full article.

Regarding the 2017 shooting she was involved in. It was determined to be justified. In that case the suspect she was dealing with got into a physical altercation. The suspect managed to gain control of the officers Taser, at which point the suspect was shot. In general use of deadly force can occur when the suspect is armed with a Taser. Because a Taser can incapacitate, it leaves every other item officers carry with them vulnerable, including an officers side arm.

so does this shooting then mean they will need to reopen that case of the shooting that was found to be "justified"? after all if she lied about one shooting, it makes a case for lying about another. also i suspect this could mean a looking into all 4 years of cases she worked on. which could mean a lot of retrials. after all anything she has testified to can now be called into question. one of the big issues when a cop is caught lying, it calls into question all past cases they are involved in. just one reason cops need to be held to a higher standard. and that means even harsher sentences for the crimes they commit than for the average person. because when they are caught committing a crime it can end up costing huge amounts of tax money. and that is not even including lawsuits, just dealing with all the cases they have tainted.

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 12:30 PM
link   
heavy.com...

Long read but covers much.

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 12:45 PM
link   
It's possible she was just a complete f'ing idiot..not much of a trained observer.

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: generik

Nope... In the previous shooting they had an admission from the suspect corroborating the officers justification for use of force.

As for lying in this case it still needs to be proven.

An officer who lies is pretty much done. Prosecuting attorneys wont touch cases they submit to them. As for actions that can affect prior cases it does happen but from what I have seen it is rare. Usually a review of cases they are attached to are reviewed to see if the evidence holds up even with the officer lying.

Again, generally, the major issue with that comes from evidence officers / lab techs / people who process evidence. If a person in those are lies then it does place all previous cases they worked on in jeopardy of being overturned / thrown out etc.

During criminal prosecution the defense can request the records of the officers involved to check for past problems. A failure to provide/disclose those records can result in the case being thrown out.

So there are checks and balances in place along with redress of grievance for people affected.

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: howtonhawky
heavy.com...

Long read but covers much.

Excellent info

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I live in Dallas and have a good friend that lives in the building where this happened and on the same floor. I have been in this building several times and the hallways are very brightly lit and the numbers are very very prominently displayed next to each apartment door. I spoke with my friend after this happened and he said they could hear her banging on the door demanding to be let in bc the key wasn't unlocking the door. They think that she might have thought the person in her apt had engaged the deadbolt to keep her out but don't know for sure. The authorities are keeping tightly lipped about the whole thing.

a reply to: roadgravel

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Should be charged with murder. I get some of these apartments here look the same from the outside, but come on. That’s your level of being a supposed observant officer? How would you..crime scenes..instincts..loss for words. For some reason I feel the need to pull back, considering the lack of respect in the city for the 5 officers downed(like they deserved it or something) but this is just too much, prison time. Just sitting in your apartment, minding your own business, someone comes in out of nowhere and kills you. Just no. Imagine if someone thought your house was theirs, and you’re just chilling, then bullets. Hard to comprehend.

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 11:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Hmm... they were saying on the radio that the woman was only a 4-year veteran, and there's this report that said she had been involved in at least one other shooting.

I reckon most officers never shoot anyone...
edit on 23Sun, 09 Sep 2018 23:50:00 -0500America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago9 by Greven because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 12:06 AM
link   
No way in hell she’s getting anything less than 2nd degree murder.
She would have noticed the different room layout before she noticed the man
He should have shot her first

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 01:27 AM
link   
after looking into it the rooms would be the same thing as living in a motel 6. They are furnished when you go through the door there is a bathroom on right or left. Then it opens up to a room where the bed is. Then if you go further there is a kitchen and a table near the balcony. This place only has 1 room and that's the bathroom. The question becomes how she got in if her key didn't fit she would have had to break the door down. Either way, even if she thought it was her apartment being an officer your first response should not be to shoot. She shows she should have never been allowed to carry a gun because rule number one is identifying your target. She obviously skipped this step completely she fired with no confirmation of a weapon. It appears she is being charged with manslaughter seems like this will be an open and shut case.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 02:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Greven
a reply to: Xcathdra

Hmm... they were saying on the radio that the woman was only a 4-year veteran, and there's this report that said she had been involved in at least one other shooting.

I reckon most officers never shoot anyone...

The chances of an officer discharging their firearm at a person in their careers are very very low. Although the way the media covers law enforcement you would think its an everyday occurrence.

My brother has gone 20+ years without having to shoot a person.
I am at 15 years without having to shoot anyone.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 02:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Guiltyguitarist
No way in hell she’s getting anything less than 2nd degree murder.
She would have noticed the different room layout before she noticed the man
He should have shot her first

The only way a murder charge can apply is if she intended on killing the victim before the encounter even occurred. Based on available evidence manslaughter is the highest charge possible (assuming the investigation doesnt turn up information to push it to the murder realm or into the justified shooting realm).

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join