It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dallas Officer Kills Man After Walking Into Wrong Apartment: Police

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 09:44 PM
link   

The officer is part of some elite team

Probably worth reviewing this elite team.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: murphy22

Just a suggestion, use quote marks "" less.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 10:26 PM
link   
a reply to: DJMSN

I'm just saying, if you/yourself, walked into a home that wasn't yours. And shot an "intruder" in his own "home/castle" that you "accidentally" thought was yours?

This "leo" would've "hogtied" (shackled) you, if not, shot you for "brandishing" a "threatening/shiny object" for the same "accident".

This female, "leo" should've never been "blessed", by any "authority" to "bear arms"... Cold hard fact. But true. If you don't know the "trail" to your own campsite, whatever you do? Is on you!

She, as a "leo", would not have given you, "quarter", under the same "accident".

Cops want to play, (on par) with trained Soldiers, marines (under the Navy), Sailors and Airmen?

They need to learn, some stuff.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: caterpillage

No. I'm saying stuff.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 10:28 PM
link   

No. I'm saying stuff.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 10:32 PM
link   

There's alot of "words" used. How can I not "quote" them?

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 10:43 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

The only way this would make sense is if the victim had some association with the clintons.

RIP to victim and condolence to the family, very sad.

Dont know the details but it appears that unjustified cop killings are becoming to common .

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 11:13 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

The only way this would "make sense"? Is if a "badge" didn't, make sense?

How many "citizens", (non-military types), can "screw up" a simple "job", and be "put on leave"? "Court case" to be determined....

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 11:14 PM
link   

I dunno, it just seems to distract against what youre saying, as per the reader. You're making good points, but it's kind of annoying, and it makes the reader think less of what you're saying. As least it does to me.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 11:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: SummerRain

originally posted by: manuelram16

originally posted by: Flatcoat
That's just insane....does she have exactly the same furniture as him? How does she not recognize her own apartment after opening the door? I've got a mate who painted his driveway white so that when he came home drunk he knew where to park....was she drunk?

Exactly!, something doesn't fit in.... Better wait for the whole story to come out

"I entered my apartment, and saw this man standing there holding a bowl of pasta, in MY apartment. Not only that, but he had redecorated my place, and thrown all my personal belongings out. I said 'Put the pasta down and get on the floor! And where is my telly?' but he refused to comply to my lawful demands thus instantly creating a situation of non-compliance and he had an attitude, and came at me saying 'Hey lady, this is my apartment!' and I knew from the look in his eyes, he was not trying to make me dinner. I had no choice, but to protect myself. I feared for my safety, I mean, he had pasta and didn't even have any basil."

All charges cleared. Ruling, death by living in your own apartment. Justified homicide by dopey LEO.

That was an excellent story, I would totally buy that!

It's so zany and insane it made me laugh but made me think twice. Bravo.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 11:59 PM
link   

If it's annoying you? You should probably get passed your "emotional" response.
I'm not trying to relate to your "education", or your, ... "I dunno".
If "the reader" doesn't understand what's being said? That's not my problem. I "write"... for, "like minded" individuals. Not for my emotional fun.
I say what needs saying, when it needs said!

If I'm "making good points"? Run with it!
Make them "points" better!

I'll throw myself on the "barbed wire", I'm a Soldier, I have no problem with that.

Don't be "smart/educated". Be "intelligent".
Any IDIOT can claim to have been "trained/educated". That's a fact!

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 12:11 AM
link   
So many people and words, to "quote"... So little "time".
My gosh! Hope I didn't "quote" nobody.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 12:11 AM
link   
This cop is either borderline retarted or a straight up murdering liar.
I'd bet she hed some previous altercation and this was a way to settle things and have 0 repercussions.

I've worked so many long 12+ hour days and never in almost 20 years have I stumbled into the wrong house. Who the fk does that ever, besides maybe an insane or heavily intoxicated person ?
I smell bs lies here.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 12:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Slickinfinity

I believe, you're smelling the same sh** I'm smelling.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 01:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Slickinfinity

But did your "twelve hour days", come with?... The "burden" of/and, "the self sacrifice", and the ever existing,.. "I just want to make it home"😭.. "Passing out fines makes my job unsafe"!😭 "I need to be armed to protect myself and family"!... "Nobody else, needs to be armed. That's my job"!... "I'll be there 3 minutes after the crime. Your murderer? They will be held accountable!" I promise you! I am, the law! Go forth,
live in peace. If you ever need your life saved? I'm only three revolver shots away.....

I'm personally sick, (I mean), ... mildly amused.

I'm being sarcastic.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 01:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: SummerRain

I can see it now too, her all authoritative, not letting him speak, gun drawn, yelling at the 'perp'...

this is one example that MUST be taken into account. And not dismissed.

Well these days you have about a second to get on the ground before an officer shoots. You are in your own house and someone starts screaming at you...don't flinch...

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 01:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: murphy22
So many people and words, to "quote"... So little "time".
My gosh! Hope I didn't "quote" nobody.

It was a suggestion to simply make your posts a little easier to read....

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Sorry man, wasn't meaning to offend, "quote" away, to your "hearts" content. Hey, sometimes it just makes a "statement" ya know?
"But don't "quote" me boy, cause i aint said sh@t!".
-Easy E.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 02:04 AM
link   

You didn't include enough quotation marks, now I can't tell who said what now....

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 02:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: howtonhawky

originally posted by: Xcathdra

The Associated Press
‏Verified account @AP
5m5 minutes ago

BREAKING: Dallas police chief says her department is seeking a warrant for manslaughter in an officer's killing of a neighbor.

So what does manslaughter really mean?

Does that include reduced sentences vs murder or is it same mostly?

Manslaughter is where person A kills person B in an unplanned manner but deliberately. It means the actions of person A were directly related to the death of person B. It means those actions taken by person A would knowingly cause serious physical injury and or death to person B and it is determine later that the actions of person A were not consistent with the laws governing self defense / defense of a 3rd party. Given the suspect in this case is law enforcement the criteria becomes more defined based on training / experience.

That means since she was a cop she doesnt really get the benefit of the doubt on her actions and justification. Had she not been a cop there is a possibility, albeit it very slight based on available info, that her actions might have been justified. Given the fact this occurred in an apartment not owned by the lady and the actual property owner confronted the "intruder" I dont see anything that would change the criminal outcome for the lady, regardless of being a cop or not.

Involuntary manslaughter - A person drives drunk, has an accident and kills a person. The driver did not set off with a plan to kill another person. Because of the circumstances involved (intoxication) and the result (death by MVA) the driver, while not intending to, and his actions resulted in a fatality.

IE - He didnt mean to kill anyone.

Manslaughter - A person finds themselves in a situation involving another person where person A used force against person B that results in that persons death. The encounter nor the use of force was planned and only appeared after the initial contact. The person who used deadly force, based on the investigation, is determined to have not acted within the law that governs use of deadly force to protect yourself or a 3rd party.

IE - Person A runs across person B and an argument ensues. During the argument one of the parties interprets the actions of the other person incorrectly and in response uses deadly force against that person. The investigation conducted determines that the circumstances / actions of the person who was killed did not meet the legal justification for use of deadly force on that person.

I killed the person in self defense.

Murder - Person A decides he is going to end the life of person B and plans out the actions he will take that will result in the death of person B.

IE - Yes, my goal was to end this persons life for whatever reason.

Each area listed above can come with factors that can change the charge. For an example in my state there are several degrees of murder and revolve around planning, execution of that plan, depravity by the planner, bystanders who are exposed to danger, if the target is a protected class by law (emergency services / mental capacity / etc).

All states have variations based on the court rulings in those states so the above explanations are in general and are broad. Sorry for the long winded response.
edit on 8-9-2018 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join