It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dallas Officer Kills Man After Walking Into Wrong Apartment: Police

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: graphicarts85

Well based on the FB link below, it appears she did NOT go to the wrong apartment, as she claimed in her statements. You be the judge. A shame, really.

WARNING: Graphic scene aftermath of police shooting

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I saw the same FB post. I am wondering what the DPD knows. I’m wondering if what they know IS why they involved the Texas Rangers.

a reply to: Jaellma

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: graphicarts85
I saw the same FB post. I am wondering what the DPD knows. I’m wondering if what they know IS why they involved the Texas Rangers.

a reply to: Jaellma

I figured that is why the investigation changed so quickly. DPD didn't want to get accused of a cover up.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Agreed. You need a keyfob to get anywhere. As I stated before, I live in the complex.

Keyfob for the elevator. Keyfob to get in a hallway after the elevator. Two signs before the hallway that states what floor you’re on.

LED electronic signs that illuminate your apartment number, at your apartment door.

I saw the post of them dating. It sounds like a scorned lover.

a reply to: roadgravel

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Also, your keyfob IS the key to your apartment at Southside Flats.

edit on 9/8/1818 by graphicarts85 because: Stated that the keyfob for entry is the keyfob to the apartment, but didn’t specify it was also the door key at the location of the shooting

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
a reply to: subfab

Ya, it's funny how people get riled up when innocent people are shot by the police.

until all the evidence is presented, we won't know who is innocent or guilty.
we don't have the whole story.

it is quite possible the officer involved is indeed guilty of a crime. we won't know until the case goes to trial.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: graphicarts85
Also, your keyfob IS the key to your apartment at Southside Flats.

So the door locks are electronic locks, not the traditional metal key.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: subfab

Not in this case. She is not innocent as she has stated she shot him and had no reason too. Usually i agree with you but she confessed. The only question in this case is the level of guilt.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Correct. The keyfob here gives you access to the elevators. They won’t work without putting it into a key port to start the elevator. Same keyfob gains you access to the hallways and to your apartment door.

You have to put it into a slot and twist at the doors and elevators. You only have to touch it against a scanner at the doors in the hallways.

I’m sure each one is logged in a system to tell who is going in and out.

edit on 9/8/1818 by graphicarts85 because: Explaining the keyfob

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Yep. She knew him before hand they were friends at the least and possibly more.

It's not a mistaken apartment thing. It's a she shot him for another reason thing.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I can't figure it out. I will try again later. Gotta go to dinner.
edit on 9/8/1818 by graphicarts85 because: can't upload pics

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: graphicarts85

no. it was blank

if you are trying to upload then you can find the icon with a down facing arrow near the myats icon. then a drop down menu appears. click on upload and then a page should open where you can choose files from your source then hit upload.

when clicking the upload button on the drop down menu you may have to do it several times before you get a valid response. I have found that if you first click your mail icon then click the drop down menu then it opens the page.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
a reply to: Sookiechacha

a reply to: andy06shake

I don't know how it goes on a police force, but to turn in a weapon for a shift of security forces it is a minimum of an hour for the shift to get their weapons, and an hour to turn it in.

You don't just put it in a locker because that is not a secured firearm, the locks are so easy to jimmy on those things you would have to assume a locker in a police station cannot be accessed by anyone.

If you want the weapon to be secured it has to go into an armory.

Well, to be fair, the "Blue Bloods" episode that I'm thinking about, the "rookie" did get his gun stolen from his locker. LOL

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: subfab

as always i will hold off on bashing the police until we hear all the evidence. it never ceases to amaze me how quick people jump on the "EFFF THE POLICE!!!" bandwagon. there might be more to this than the short article provides.

the officer may be negligent and should be tried in court and evidence presented.

the police force is an important part of our society. we need them.

Oh that was naive little me just six years ago and all my life before that. Would even lecture kids or friends who used that exclamation talking about how the job commands honor because of the daily real acute risk involved with a crap salary I'm return.

Then I had my first three run ins with cops. And they treated me as a victim with the same hostility and condescension as the criminal. Then they fabricated a story...I don't mean lied I mean out of nowhere And with elements so calculated to mediately result in character assassination getting them the unfitting convictions each time that they just so happen to get money for per conviction. And in the halls before one of my cases, I watched two cops say, "you say this." "But that's not what..." "Yea but we get our conviction and get the &$@+ outta here before lunch." I wouldn't stop pursuing getting this info to a judge or the lawyer of that man and was visited by two cops. They were waiting for me two different nights as a friend dropped me off. They asked if I was gonna push it, then both times all four did this effed up, "cuz we can just take you in for DUI right now!" "What are you talking about I'm sober and I'm not dr...ohhh.OHHHH..." "Did YOU see him pull up in his car Jim?" "I sure did Bob."

And since then I have read a lot of ex cops pages and seen their videos and it is nothing they hide and not an exaggeration. They said though illegal, every department has an arrest quota. Doesn't matter if you caught someone committing a crime or not. Your ticket home each night is bringing someone in and charging them with something or you go back out to find someone. They flat out say they arrested countless people who did nothjbg. There is serious retaliation against anyone speaking up, all cops set to testify against their own die days before trials, and you will find no fewer than a thousand American cops saying it's a profession built on lying. Everything is fantasy, a lie, a fabrication. And you lose all credibility suggesting a cop is dishonest in court so they perpetuate it.

We DO NOT need cops in fact the most peaceful civilizations that have existed were forms of peaceful anarchy where your neighbors friends and family weeded out the nasty ones and decided what to do with them. The government should provide national defense and infrastructure. They have no business in marriage, church, economy, education, law enforcement and legislating, it's a scam it's a gang of thugs. And everyone is right. This wrong apartment story is the biggest crock I have ever heard. And you don't walk into the wrong apartment and get surprised by a man inside and shoot when you are screaming at him through the door first. Police being typical lowlife traitor coward killer police. Narcissist losers with violent sex fantasies who were beat up in highschool and the Marines laughed at them when they tried to enroll. Voilà, that's a cop.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

To be fair I don't have the slightest idea what to do, obviously she was working harder and longer hours than she should (assuming it was fatigue that lead to bad choices), but other than there is no easy answer, it beats me what needs to be done.

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 07:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: howtonhawky
a reply to: Xcathdra

Thanks for the great response.

You're welcome... and my bad because I forgot to answer the second part.

Generally speaking all 3 (involuntary manslaughter, manslaughter and murder) are felonies and can have sentences ranging from (in general) more than one year to life in prison or the death penalty (murder only). The US Supreme courts rulings over the years restrict the death penalty use to murder. Louisiana passed a law about 11 years ago that allowed for the death penalty to be applied to people charged and convicted of child rape. They had 2 inmates on death row under that law however scotus ruled the punishment was excessive and found the law unconstitutional.

In that ruling the decision also held that the death penalty would be disproportionate for any offense against an individual that did not involve death of the victim.

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Some more info -

The apartment complex has a dual entry system for all units. You can either enter your apartment with a physical key or you can use the keypad on your door and enter a code to unlock the door.

Residents of the apartment complex said they can access their units with a regular key or through a keypad code.

2 witnesses (heard what happened but did not see it) stated they heard a loud commotion and stated they hear the officer yelling something along the lines of open the door -

Two women who live on the second floor near where the shooting happened said they heard a lot of noise late Thursday.

"It was, like, police talk: 'Open up! Open up!'" 20-year-old Caitlin Simpson told The Dallas Morning News.

There would be no need to shout open the door if she entered the wrong apartment. Her key not working and her access code not working on the door should have been a clue

As is standard a blood draw was performed on the officer to test for alcohol / drugs in her system.

** Note about witnesses
While they are important they do get things wrong (Michael Brown case as an example). I have not seen any other witnesses statements confirming what these 2 women heard.

They say the officer called the shooting into dispatch but they dont specify if she used her radio or her phone to do it.

Info above is from source listed below.
Dallas police officer charged with manslaughter after shooting man in apartment she thought was hers

Based on info so far the officer's story doesnt seem to fit the facts.

Texas Rangers are conducting the investigation.
edit on 9-9-2018 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Amber Guyger, police officer named in Dallas fatal shooting, shot a suspect in 2017: report

Guyger, 30, a four-year veteran of the Dallas Police Department assigned to the Southeast Patrol Division, was identified late Saturday by Dallas police as the white officer who fatally shot Botham Jean, 26, in the South Side Flats apartment complex in Dallas around 10 p.m. local time Thursday.

The confirmation by police of Guyger's involvement in Jean's death followed the disclosure of the officer's name earlier in the day by the Dallas Morning News, the newspaper reported. Her name had already been circulating in social media posts, the report said.

The police confirmation of Guyger's name followed several days of criticism of the department for not identifying the officer sooner.

Whether Guyger will be charged with a crime in connection with Jean's death is the subject of a Texas Rangers investigation.

click link for full article.

Regarding the 2017 shooting she was involved in. It was determined to be justified. In that case the suspect she was dealing with got into a physical altercation. The suspect managed to gain control of the officers Taser, at which point the suspect was shot. In general use of deadly force can occur when the suspect is armed with a Taser. Because a Taser can incapacitate, it leaves every other item officers carry with them vulnerable, including an officers side arm.

Texas Rangers asked the prosecuting attorney to hold off on the manslaughter charge for the time being so they can conduct their investigation.

Another odd piece of the puzzle is the guy who was shot was her neighbor living on a different floor than her apartment so even law enforcement is having a hard time accepting her version of events (they bring up the physical key / access code would not work in his door). Apparently, contrary to claims by the officer (if I read the article correctly), the door to the apartment was not unlocked nor was it open.
edit on 9-9-2018 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Officer named

Police identified the officer as Amber Guyger, a four-year veteran of the department assigned to the Southeast Patrol Division. Guyger was involved in another shooting incident in May 2017, when a suspect took her taser, according to a Dallas Police Department news release.

Link

Alyssa Kinsey, Jean's next-door neighbor, told CNN she was home on the phone Thursday night when she heard a shot. She said she then heard what sounded like "running steps" and a female voice calling the police.

Kinsey said she could see from her patio that the lights were turned on in Jean's apartment. She said she heard more footsteps outside her apartment, a woman's voice and a commotion.

The apartment doors at the complex are all similar, Kinsey said, but Jean's doorstep had a bright red mat.

The must have been something between the two.
edit on 9/9/2018 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

The must have been something between the two.

There must be something more.

So:

1. Victim lives on a different floor.
2. Policewoman tries a key in the door lock and struggles with it: the key doesn't work.
3. Victim comes to the door in his underwear.
4. Victim had a red doormat. (?! Add to that the policewoman reportedly was carrying stuff she put down, to struggle with the key, and didn't see a red doormat?)

It would seem the case for mistaken apartment identity is shot to hell, if those things are true, or this woman is an utter, inexplicable, hopeless dolt, genus supreme. My first question would be if she wants people to believe she's a hopeless dolt, to try and get by with murder? Unless they find these two people never met, that there are no significant connections between them, there's got to be foul play afoot, if they knew each other. Some facts reported don't compute with her story, in any event. Something else I read, that I find a huge red flag, is that the victim was a good guy, a professional, a regular citizen, well liked by people that knew him, not some scumbag dope dealer or such. If this policewoman is trying to get by with something, she's toast, as any concealed links will get smoked-out.

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join