It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What made you smile today?

page: 53
<< 50  51  52    54  55  56 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by JAK

Tinnitus is exactly why I use static to sleep. Drones out the tones.

Relating to the theme of the thread. My smile for today is that my sisters son voted for the first time.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I just got done spending time with a very dear friend with whom the relationship has suffered in recent years. Talked, laughed, and we have dinner plans in another couple weeks

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by CeltAngel
Talked, laughed, and we have dinner plans in another couple weeks

Sounds like time well spent. Bolstering bridges and repaving crossroads from over the years.
That's rarely ever a bad thing.

Seems we also share a commonality in regards overall personal mindset.

Jack of many ... Master of few, if any.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 04:10 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I made an appointment for my 10 yr old autistic daughter to get a flu shot on Saturday. I told her I was taking her to the doctor but I didn't say why.

She replied "Um..I don't think I'm going to be sick on Saturday"

Maybe you had to be there but it was damn funny with her deadpan delivery.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Knowing that his royal fluffiness[Beezzer] has a wife who joined ATS today.

JAK

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Finding a programme that I haven't seen in a long, long time which has a line that has stuck in my mind from the first moment I heard it years ago:

Because Willy, we're the pure in heart. Never quite got around to being villains. An' the true villains of the world, they see our light and they come a runnin' to warm their hands at our fire.

Applause to anyone who can make me smile by sending a U2U naming the source of this quote.

edit on 13/11/12 by JAK because: (no reason given)

JAK

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
An interesting "14minutes and 49 seconds".

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   

edit on 22-11-2012 by LadySkadi because:

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 04:55 AM
link   
What made me smile today was finding out that my son and his wife are expecting another baby girl. Which means I shall be the happiest grandmother of two beautiful girls.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 05:02 AM
link   
the people I work with.

laughed a lot and then after work, facebook comments really made me lmao and smile a lot.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Coming back to ATS once again after many many moons and seeing how much it's flourished.

Man, I miss this place.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Oddly enough - a nightmare made me smile today.

I awoke having dreamed about my ex. "The" ex. The one who broke my heart in ways I cannot even begin to comprehend. I spent years having these nightmares on a night basis. Over time, they started to go away. But last night I had one and it caused me to wake in a deep, deep depression and feeling a profound sense of loneliness and loss.

But, as I went on with my morning, that pain faded and I found myself thinking about little, happy memories from that phase of my life. The little things she did for me that nobody else would get... Like always making sure to say "G'nite baby, I love you" just before bed - even when we were in full on war level fights. Or always texting me midday to ask if I was having a good day at work or not. And other things that.... well those are NOT your business.

Before long, I realized that I was smiling as I remembered these things. It's so easy to forget the good when things end badly.

There's probably a profound life lesson somewhere in all that. But I've never been good at recognizing those when they occur.

~Heff

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

I get what your saying. I am not talking to my Mum at the moment cos my step-Dad of 25 years died less than a year ago and she has a new boyfriend already!! I am so angry with her and I keep dreaming that she is calling me on the phone and then I wake up and think about other things, good times etc and then I think, maybe I am being a nasty bitch. Either way, I still can't talk to her at present and her new bf is a total dkhd. omg

I just want to smack her up the side of the head. But she is lonely I guess and I shouldn't be so hard on her.

But, ffs his ashes aren't even cold yet. FFS

JAK

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   
The Haka being performed against the backdrop of a stadium echoing with 'Swing Low, Sweet Chariot' at the England v New Zealand match today.

newzealand.com - Maori culture

Prepare yourself for the energy and awe of the haka.

The haka is a type of ancient Maori war dance traditionally used on the battlefield, as well as when groups came together in peace. Haka are a fierce display of a tribe’s pride, strength and unity. Actions include violent foot-stamping, tongue protrusions and rhythmic body slapping to accompany a loud chant. The words of a haka often poetically describe ancestors and events in the tribe’s history.

All great fun.

JAK

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Despite this and my post above I'm not a particular fan of sport but this sporting story gave me a smile too:

Lone Udinese football fan wins hearts in Italy

A football fan has stolen media attention in Italy after being the only supporter to show up to watch his club play an away game in the top league.

But Sampdoria stewards gave him coffee and home fans invited him for a drink after the match.

"I went into the stadium while they [Udinese] were warming up. I shouted and said 'hi' to the team.

"When I went in the local fans booed me, I felt a bit offended.

"But in the end they clapped and invited me for coffee and a meal, and the club managers gave me a shirt. They wished me a merry Christmas."

Genoa is about four hours' drive from Friuli, where Udinese are based.

But Mr Brovedani was in Genoa on business.

"I like the stadium there, it's very similar to English stadiums," he said. "I always take my flag and scarf around - they're always in the car with me."

Luckily for Mr Brovedani, Udinese won the match 2-0 and the team dedicated their victory to their only fan. He has been invited to attend its next home match on Saturday.

JAK

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
It's old but I've not seen it before.

Watson the dog stands by while the boy does a quick assessment of the puddle situation. Could this be the cutest video ever?

Little Arthur takes a break from walking his dog to play in a puddle, taking a stroll through the woods with 12-year-old Shar Pei Watson. Arthur treks through it before deciding to head back and splash around some more.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
My kids, my wife, a song, and making christmas candy with my family

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
My beautiful boys singing me Christmas carols.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Hubby picked up on my holiday blues and surprised me with a dozen red roses.

top topics

<< 50  51  52    54  55  56 >>

join