It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What made you smile today?

page: 52
<< 49  50  51    53  54  55 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
The kind words a friend friend left on-line for me to find and discovering Fox News' secret strategy

edit on 5/7/11 by Mark Harris because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
My thrift store find!!

I got a really nice Italian made pasta maker at the thrift store for 8 bucks!! It was in the box
I looked it up online and it's about 300 bucks new! It looks like it's never really been used too! I can't wait to make my lasagna Saturday!

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Bras At LaneBryant

My wife had ordered online but they were shipped to the store at the local outlet mall.

ID and email printout in hand, I went to the counter. The manager and clerk already knew I was coming, since I had called ahead for directions.

Walk up to the counter. Have great conversation throughout showing my ID and signing their receipt.

Thank you very much, Laney (sp?)

///

I take the box in hand. Step back from the counter ... pause for a second ...

"Laney? .. You do have a fitting room, Right?"

" I just want to check the underwire lift and such, if you will"

[she's pretty much looking like the rca dog, at this point]

"I'm just teasing, hon ..." as I walked away.

She broke into a near fit of laughter, as did the manager who was still within earshot

I bid them a nice evening and went upon my way .. still laughing.

It was fun and funny All at the same time.

What Made You Smile Today?

edit on 1/16/2012 by 12m8keall2c because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by 12m8keall2c

HAHA that is hilarious!! I would have laughed too if you asked me that.

For me today it would be this post:
Happy post

I had been looking for this book for a while but didn't know the title only the cover so when I came across this tonight I got all excited and immediately ordered it!

My mom also came to visit my apt today, something she hasn't done in 10yrs. We have had a rough relationship you could say but over the last 6mths she has changed and our relationship has gotten better. We went shopping and had lunch. She also got me the other ravioli attachment for my pasta maker! So yup a thread shall soon follow!

So today was a pretty good day

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Here's what made me smile..

Apparently not everyone is enthusiastic that it's the beginning of a new week

JAK

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   
dan le sac vs scroobius pip - Waiting for the beat to kick in.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   

A handsome man with a hairy chest.

JAK

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by aaaiii

Not sure why that made me laugh but it did. Ty.

It's unusual I'll point to a thread here but today, this gave me a smile: So... (projectvxn)

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   
This is the most positive thread on ATS and I can't thank you enough for bringing it to us. I miss you jak you are a very important part of this community.

Blessings

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   

That same handsome man with a hairy chest.

Okay, so I like the guy.

Yes, I repeat myself.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I have to avoid a one worded post I believe so here is my answer, many years late getting here but here it is.

RAIN

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
24 years and 3 kids later, in the final throngs midst of an uprooting move from PA back to TX, with but a mere two days to go until we head out ...

dancing together in the yard ... after having ripped out numerous tomato and vege plants, pressure washing that side of the house and replacing them with some beautiful fall mums ... to this fine tune.

[ETA]

dedicated to 'my jeanie' ... she's a one of a kind, and i've spent the past 24 years finding ways to love her more each and every day.

*just sayin*

My Jeanie.

edit on 9/19/2012 by 12m8keall2c because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   
What made me smile today? The cupcakes that my room mate bought for us, it was so damn delicious.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Big Bang Theory

JAK

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Bertrand Russell's Message to the Future from 1959

edit on 29/10/12 by JAK because: (no reason given)

JAK

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   
ATS. In all it's hues.

So many members from so many places with so many perspectives and so many understandings.

You, all of you made me smile. I hope you get one back today, feel free to share mine here.
edit on 30/10/12 by JAK because: (no reason given)

JAK

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Hair dryers and brown noise.

Plus: Brown noise from Simplynoise.com

An aid to sleep, quite apt for today.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by JAK

Great... now I am confused. I use radio static to sleep but always called it white noise.. is there a difference???

Broken paradigms hurt so much.

JAK

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

I only heard of Brown noise myself recently, before I just knew I loved the sound of hairdryers, particularly when they were aiming straight at my face with the air rushing past my ears. The whine of the motor and the low rumble of the airflow... ahhh. Apparently that's a mixture:

SimplyNoise

White Noise - Contains sound across all frequencies. White noise is the most effective at blocking distractions because it covers the largest spectrum range. It's great for reading, writing, studying, and anything else that requires focus.

Pink Noise - A blend of high and low frequencies that produce a mesmerizing waterfall effect. Pink noise is great for melting away stress while keeping you alert and energized. The airy drone creates a therapeutic environment that relaxes your mind and body.

Brown Noise - Utilizes the lower sound frequencies to generate a deep ambient rumble. Brown noise is excellent for aiding sleep, pacifying children and pets, even masking Tinnitus. It's also great for breaking in audio equipment and soothing migraines.

Not too keen on the pink or white noise though. The hairdryer and the brown noise together though

After years of playing slap Bass I offered the above explanation for Brown noise to a loved one of mine who raised an eyebrow and, ignoring the Tinnitus reference, sardonically quipped "Pacifying children?"

Harsh.
edit on 6/11/12 by JAK because: (no reason given)

CX

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Hearing my daughter laugh as i played Happy Birthday to her on the banjo.

CX.

new topics

top topics

<< 49  50  51    53  54  55 >>

join