It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What made you smile today?

page: 55
<< 52  53  54    56 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   
My wife made me smile....

She said..'' you know..after 21 years together..you're still a fekin b'stard... and i still love you''... i patted her head head and replied '' you're only human my princess'' .... at which point she stormed off and said ... '' i hate you''.... to tell the truth i didn't just smile..i laughed ....

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   
took our youngest daughter to Dave & Busters last night for her 21st birthday dinner/family time, get together.

she, we had a wonderful time.

the food was fantastic, and the drinks and game play reigned supreme.

A TRULY good time had by all.

with plenty of shiners getting boch'd.

JAK

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Three Men in a Boat

I have a lovely old, well-worn copy which just adds to the charm.

Three Men in a Boat (To Say Nothing of the Dog), published in 1889, is a humorous account by English writer Jerome K. Jerome of a boating holiday on the Thames between Kingston and Oxford.

The story begins by introducing George, Harris, Jerome and Montmorency, a fox terrier. The men are spending an evening in J.'s room, smoking and discussing illnesses they fancy they suffer from. They conclude they are all suffering from 'overwork' and need a holiday.

The book includes classic comedy set-pieces, such as the story of two drunken men who slide into the same bed in the dark, the plaster of paris trout in chapter 17 and the "Irish stew" in chapter 14 - made by mixing most of the leftovers in the party's food hamper:

"I forget the other ingredients, but I know nothing was wasted; and I remember that, towards the end, Montmorency, who had evinced great interest in the proceedings throughout, strolled away with an earnest and thoughtful air, reappearing, a few minutes afterwards, with a dead water-rat in his mouth, which he evidently wished to present as his contribution to the dinner; whether in a sarcastic spirit, or with a genuine desire to assist, I cannot say."
—Chapter XIV

It is a wonderfully gentle yet humorous read, think Bertie Wooster unchaperoned: Beautifully clueless.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I actually happened upon this video yesterday, which I was in dire need of. It's been one of those terrible, horrible, no good, very bad weeks, where Murphy's law rules supreme.One of those where you just shake your head at the world and society as a whole and wonder what it's all for.
Then I find this...and for the first time all day, I smile, and have a wee spark of faith in humanity restored.

Enjoy!
-AD

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Where to start.

I fell in love with a childhood friend, and he fell in love with me. Unfortunately, my dear fiance is sad now, because we are no longer together. But we are still best friends, and he is thrilled to see me so happy. I still love him with all my heart, but he believes my friend and I are better suited for one another (my fiance and I fight a lot). We ended on good terms, and we are still very close.

Now, I'm living with said friend, who I'm now "seeing" I guess. We haven't told anyone yet, though.

What made me smile today?

Hearing him laugh.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by JAK

What made me smile today.

My grandaughter said our dogs name for the first time

And the dog came and sat at her feet

Class

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by JAK

So, I have this thread bookmarked when my normal distractions don't help, and was this song ever perfect for me tonight. Just about 10 more weeks and Here Comes The Sun

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I know what made me laugh out loud today! lol

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 03:56 AM
link   
I volunteer at a place where we offer lunch and activities for people in need. Most of them are children and they stay after eating for 5 or 6 hours with us. I teach them Art and English and we've been doing some theater too.

I couldn't go the past two weeks because I wasn't feeling well. Today while I was on my way there I hear (from about 6 houses away from the place) "Here comes Casandra!" and look up. The kids came running towards me and almost tackled me! They hugged me and wouldn't let go so they moved me like that until we were inside.

I hear someone running and look to the kitchen door and see... more kids coming! We had a loooong "cuddle puddle" and then went about getting lunch ready. Every time a kid came in there'd be more hugs and I love yous from the little ones.

That made me happy

I love them all so much. The thought of them keeps me going when things get hard. Some of these kids come from rough backgrounds and the fact that they open up to me and trust me means the world to me.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   
This photo i took makes me smile every time i see it-such a delightful,infectious smile this guy has:-)

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   
What made me smile today? The glorious warm bright sun. The fact that it's spring and finally my SAD symptoms are gone,and I feel like ME again. It's Friday and my hubby is coming home after being away working all week.
He will be so happy to see my summer personality back.

JAK

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Hearing the cheeky/amusing choice of song following an radio advert for Armed Forces Day

edit on 19/5/14 by JAK because: (no reason given)

JAK

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Reading Arvil Bren's exploits in Morrowind. The first is Arvil's Dusty Tome and the second, Trail of the Archmage. It's a nice, gentle read.
edit on 11/8/14 by JAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I'm a GRANDMA!!! Again!!! My son and daughter in law welcomed their first little baby boy, William, into the world.
SOOO HAPPY!!!!

JAK

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Carpet picnics. Love.

JAK

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Stumbling across Britain's Greatest Pilot: The Extraordinary Story of Captain Winkle Brown

Captain Eric 'Winkle' Brown recounts his flying experiences, encounters with the Nazis and other adventures leading up to and during the Second World War. Illustrated with archive footage and Captain Brown's own photos.

The above doesn't sound particularly impressive. After being glued for the entire programme I checked my bookshelf and was pleasantly surprised:

Wings on My Sleeve: The World's Greatest Test Pilot tells his story

Eric Brown was on a University of Edinburgh exchange course in Germany in 1939, and the first he knew of the war was when the Gestapo came to arrest him. They released him, not realizing he was a pilot in the RAF volunteer reserve: and the rest is history.

Eric Brown joined the Fleet Air Arm and went on to be the greatest test pilot in history, flying more different aircraft types than anyone else. He is the only man alive who has flown every major (and most minor) combat aircraft of the Second World War as well as all the early jets. Speaking perfect German, he went to Germany in 1945 to test the Nazi jets, interviewing (among others) Hermann Goering and Hanna Reitsch. He flew the suicidally dangerous Me 163 rocket plane, and tested the first British jets. He would have been the first man to break the sound barrier, except that the British government cancelled the programme and gave the technology to America. His naval career continues to this day, as he advises on the new aircraft carrier design for the Royal Navy. A living legend among aviation enthusiasts, his amazing life story deserves to be told in full -- from crashing in front of Winston Churchill to unmasking a Neo-Nazi ring in the 1950s to his terrifying flights in primitive jets and rockets.

That's better. From the moment this chap began telling his story I was unable to tear myself away lest I miss another 'Wait. He did whut?' moment. This chap holds numerous world records and some that are likely never to be broken but it's not just that which was so fascinating. Hearing him recount his story as he flipped through photo albums and offered all the little details outside the more notable historic records was just jaw dropping. A combination of those casual, small intricacies which bring history to life and details which, while not having their own place in any record book are, in a casual, off-hand manner, absolutely mind-blowing. (When he made the comment on Irma Grese being the only evil human he's ever met was... and this from a chap who... Oh, I have to stop somewhere.)*

Living legend is an apt description. To casually come across this was a treat.

edit on 9/10/14 by JAK because: *Oh, one more. When talking about the innovation which had taken place in the field of aeronautics during his career he stated it was like something out of the realms of science-fiction. He's right too, I mean from the days of... Right, I'll shut up.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Watching my friend's baby taste warm homemade custard for the first time.

As the little spoon left his lips, and the taste started to register in his mind, you could see the wheels turning. You could actually witness the cognitive process happen as he worked out what he had just tasted. There were rapid decisions being made within him as he felt the texture and temperature, then the eyes lighting up as the flavour started to form into a new experience for him.

Slowly, his eye widened as his brow unfurrowed. He started to grin and a dribble of warm custard drooled down to his chin as he beat his fists in the air.

He liked it, and I smiled.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 03:28 AM
link   
My sixteen year old daughter conversing with me and showing me that she is exactly like me, even if the thought makes her shudder and she lives in constant denial of it!

My son got my temper and my analytical mind.
My daughter got my humor and my analytic mind.

Her flavor of smart-ass and mine are identical. It shouldn't make me so proud, but it does.

JAK

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 05:02 AM
link   
What a conundrum, Nazi's want to march through your town, again.

Conflict unavoidable? Nope, an opportunity! What a wonderful way to counter hatred:

German town tricks neo-Nazis into raising money for an anti-Nazi charity

For many years, Wunsiedel has become awash with neo-Nazis every November when supporters march through the town in honour of the National Heroes' Remembrance Day. They choose Wunsiedel because it was the original burial site of Rudolf Hess, Deputy Fuhrer to Adolf Hitler from 1933 to 1941.

In 2011, the roughly 1,000 inhabitants of the town managed - with the agreement of family members - to get Hess' remains exhumed and his gravestone destroyed. However, marchers still flock to the town, albeit in smaller numbers.

So this year, come the march on November 15, a campaign called "Rechts gegen Rechts" (Nazis against Nazis) decided to turn the neo-Nazi rally into a charity walk.

JAK

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Little humans

edit on 28/11/14 by JAK because: (no reason given)

<< 52  53  54    56 >>

join