It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One Word Has People Convinced Mike Pence Wrote Anonymous New York Times Op-Ed

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 10:41 PM
link   

The New York Times’ scathing anti-Donald Trump op-ed, which the paper attributed to “a senior official in the Trump administration,” has inspired a parlor game among people trying to figure out the author’s name.

Some online commentators are leaning toward Vice President Mike Pence based on just one word in the piece.

The unidentified author singles out the late Arizona Sen. John McCain as “a lodestar for restoring honor to public life and our national dialogue.”

A new conspiracy has come out that Pence might the anonymous writer of that NYT resistance article and the only evidence is based off of one word, lodestar. An odd word, one I've never used or ever heard used, ever. This word can be found in the NYT resistance article that everyone is up in arms about for the moment and Pence does have a history of using it.

Is he the one? The evidence is very circumstantial but who the hell uses that word, especially amongst Trump's administration?

Here's a twitter page with a video montage of Pence using said word.

twitter.com...
edit on 5-9-2018 by Swills because: (no reason given)

+11 more 
posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 10:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

You believe Pence wrote it? roflmao

Don't get me wrong, I can't stomach Pence. If he is the leak???? roflmao he is the dumbest mfer in our countries history, and I hope to God I can live long enough to see his ass hung.

But what ever helps you #Resisters sleep better at night......

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 10:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

The New York Times’ scathing anti-Donald Trump op-ed, which the paper attributed to “a senior official in the Trump administration,” has inspired a parlor game among people trying to figure out the author’s name.

Some online commentators are leaning toward Vice President Mike Pence based on just one word in the piece.

The unidentified author singles out the late Arizona Sen. John McCain as “a lodestar for restoring honor to public life and our national dialogue.”

A new conspiracy has come out that Pence might the anonymous writer of that NYT resistance article and the only evidence is based off of one word, lodestar. An odd word, one I've never used or ever heard used, ever. This word can be found in the NYT resistance article that everyone is up in arms about for the moment and Pence does have a history of using it.

Is he the one? The evidence is very circumstantial but who the hell uses that word, especially amongst Trump's administration?

I dont think the "source" would be dumb enough to use anything that would identify them that easily.

Which is why I think this is a setup by Trump himself to take out the NYT. He hates Carlos Slim, who is majority owner of NYT.

They never say they met with this source. It is likely they only had electronic comms but asked for definitive proof the "source" was close to POTUS. Who better to provide that proof than POTUS himself?

Voila....NYT completely discredited for falling for a fake story and running it with completely made up "facts".

Certain phrases and words are planted in order to keep people guessing at who it is.

Could even be cover for the later announcement of the investigation opened on Rosenstein that was let out tonight.

So...either the source is never identified and Trump drops the push for that, or Trump comes out and says he did it...

CONSPIRACY!!!!

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 10:48 PM
link   

If true it would be a huge mistake on his part.

Trump picked Pence for a reason and it's not because he likes him.

+4 more 
posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 10:49 PM
link   

So...

What would prevent the "author" from using "keywords" from other people to cover their @ss?

I would.

Not to mention cause suspicion and mistrust. Pence would have to be an idiot to make such a rookie mistake.

Pence is so cautious that he will not even be alone with other women so I doubt highly that he would make such a foolish mistake.
edit on 5-9-2018 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Why is hanging people always your go to?!! It makes me chuckle to keep at it but was just wondering.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 10:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

You believe Pence wrote it? roflmao

Don't get me wrong, I can't stomach Pence. If he is the leak???? roflmao he is the dumbest mfer in our countries history, and I hope to God I can live long enough to see his ass hung.

But what ever helps you #Resisters sleep better at night......

Since most are paid bots , the word should be #Resistors.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Do I believe it? It's pretty unbelievable but so is this entire situation, including that people voted a silver spoon reality tv host to be their POTUS.

Someone wrote it, that's for sure. The NYT has confirmed that whomever wrote this works for Trump. Now, conservatives can cry Fake News but the NYT wouldn't risk it all for one article.

Did the author think ahead and plant this word in their article for misdirection? Maybe.

+7 more 
posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 10:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

LMAO! You think Trump set this up to take down the NYT? Come on now, that's just stupid. At best, it's wishful thinking, like your Q ANON fairy tales. Funny enough, this is as close as conservatives will get to a real life Q but as fate would have it, this Q is not what they wanted.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Muninn

Mistake or not, let's say it is him and Trump is removed based on the 25th amendment. Pence becomes POTUS and there's nothing Trump can do but cry on Twitter like he always does.

Do I want a Pence presidency? Hell no, but I don't want Trump either. I guess in this case, I'll have to settle for the lesser of two evils.

+4 more 
posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 10:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

Why is hanging people always your go to?!! It makes me chuckle to keep at it but was just wondering.

Unlike some people I only have the country I was born in to call home! Those who want to destroy it are my enemies!

Any questions?

edit on 5-9-2018 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 10:56 PM
link   

So you think Pence is part of the resistance.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Oh yeah, I already said that is one of my post, could the author have used this as misdirection? Of course! But could Pence have screwed up and wrote it in his article? It's not out of the realm of possibilities. As seen with this administration, anything is possible!

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 10:57 PM
link   

edit on 5-9-2018 by Swills because: nvm

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Logic would say its a Democrat election year campaign trick.

They are playing dirtier than usual this time.

People falling for it too.

Trump going along for the PR and laughing.

😎

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 10:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Says the guy whose camp is filled with Russian bots all over the net supporting Trump and causing much discourse with their campaign of trolling.

But I will agree Clinton did have her own bots but shes not relevant anymore while Trump clearly is and the Russian bots haven't stopped.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Look conservatives, Trump supporters, poor readers, this thread isn't about me and what I believe, although I will share my opinions, but stop thinking about me and move your attention to the story at hand.

This is a conspiracy site and this is a perfect conspiracy for today! But I get it, it bothers many people because it's not a conspiracy about Hillary, or Obama, or Democrats, or anything not related to the Dear Leader.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 11:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Logic would say its a Democrat election year campaign trick.

They are playing dirtier than usual this time.

People falling for it too.

Trump going along for the PR and laughing.

😎

Laughing?
Looks to me like he is having a meltdown on Twitter
💥💥😎💥💥
edit on 5-9-2018 by ErrorErrorError because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: xuenchen

*pats you on the head*

Sure kiddo, whatever you say.

+3 more 
link   

Glorious.
NYT is about to get a visit from a whole buncha three letter agencies.
Last i heard sedition and treason are kinda frowned upon

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join