It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mad Dog General Mattis Torches Bob Woodward For 'Fiction' Anti-Trump Book

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: burntheships

Woodward only has credibility if he can back up his
fictional claims,

What part of "hundreds of hours of recordings" are you not getting?

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

fictional claims,

Oh cool
You will kindly link those here wont you?

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

What part of they were confirmed by congress are you having trouble with? Nomination means nothing without confirmation.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 09:26 AM
link   

fictional claims,

So it should be easy for him to provide the recording of Mattis saying what he has attributed to him, then... excellent.
Until then, BS.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

So it should be easy for him to provide the recording of Mattis saying what he has attributed to him, then... excellent.

When the time comes. Journalistic privilege requires that they be subpoenaed.

link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: Sillyolme

Doesn't change the fact that both kelly and matis are calling woodward a trashy lying fiction writer.

What is suspect is that TRUMP tweeted some bizarre statement from Kelly that had his name typed at the bottom, no signature, no letterhead, no nothing.

Have yet to see Kelly clearly deny he thinks the President is an Idiot.

Given Trump's history and the weird way he posted that statement rather then let Kelly issue a statement?
Trump Wrote it up and tweeted it.

twitter.com...

Ditto Mattis.
Why is Trump tweeting weird typed statements without signatures or letterheads?

Why Not Mattis or Kelly issuing statements from their office? Signed. On actual Letterhead?

edit on 5-9-2018 by soberbacchus because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
a reply to: DJW001

What part of they were confirmed by congress are you having trouble with? Nomination means nothing without confirmation.

And confirmed officials can be removed by impeachment.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Why would he not just release his tape?
Because he does not have it.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: soberbacchus

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: Sillyolme

Doesn't change the fact that both kelly and matis are calling woodward a trashy lying fiction writer.

What is suspect is that TRUMP tweeted some bizarre statement from Kelly that had his name typed at the bottom, no signature, no letterhead, no nothing.

Have yet to see Kelly clearly deny he thinks the President is an Idiot.

Given Trump's history and the weird way he posted that statement rather then let Kelly issue a statement?
Trump Wrote it up and tweeted it.

twitter.com...

Ditto Mattis.
Why is Trump tweeting weird typed statements without signatures or letterheads?

Why Not Mattis or Kelly issuing statements from their office? Signed. On actual Letterhead?

What ever you say......
www.bloomberg.com...

Kelly, the White House chief of staff, denied Tuesday an assertion by Woodward that he called the president an idiot. A former lawyer to Trump, John Dowd, denied calling his client a liar. Trump’s ambassador to the United Nations, Nikki Haley, said she had never heard Trump propose assassinating Syrian President Bashar al-Assad. Mattis disputed belittling the president as acting like a fifth-grader.

www.washingtonexaminer.com...

"The idea I ever called the President an idiot is not true," Kelly said in a statement Tuesday afternoon. "As I stated back in May and still firmly stand behind: 'I spend more time with the President than anyone else, and we have an incredibly candid and strong relationship. He always knows where I stand, and he and I both know this story is total BS.'" "I'm committed to the President, his agenda, and our country," Kelly added. "This is another pathetic attempt to smear people close to President Trump and distract from the administration’s many successes." Kelly has previously denied making any comments disparaging the president's intellect. NBC reported in April that he had once called Trump an "idiot," but Kelly denied the reports.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 09:37 AM
link   
He's waffling a lot.

link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

Why would he not just release his tape?
Because he does not have it.

Your ignorance of journalism is appalling. When sources speak to journalists "on background," it is understood that the journalist will not reveal their identity. It is like "executive privilege." Please educate yourself.

link   

originally posted by: vinifalou
You know how crazy extreme leftists are when they start using a fiction novel wrote by someone who's never been on the White House as SOURCES.

Like, quoting what was said on the book LIKE IT'S ACTUAL FACT.

Can't make this # up.

Yep. Woodward never even got close to President Trump in person,
he had one phone conversation about why he was repeatedly denied
access, and was told it was because he would lie, which he did.

link   
is it really that hard to believe that folks close to the president think he's an idiot? really??

when the man talks it's full on gibberish.

“Well he said, you’ll be the greatest president in the history of, but you know what, I’ll take that also, but that you could be. But he said, will be the greatest president but I would also accept the other. In other words, if you do your job, but I accept that. Then I watched him interviewed and it was like he never even was here. It’s incredible. I watched him interviewed a week later and it’s like he was never in my office. And you can even say that.”

lol

he tweets like a idiot, he ALWAYS blames others for EVERYTHING, he calls people names and gives them nicknames like children do.

he doesn't have the maturity or strength of character to fire people to thier face - he does it via twitter like a child.

is anyone REALLY surprised by any of this, honestly?

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 09:39 AM
link   

a reply to: Grambler

This book must be true because Woodward hasn’t been sued

Do you even know who Bob Woodward is?

Yes as I have answered

Do you know who Bernstein is?

So I guess everything he says must be true as well

Oops, just last week he was embarrassed by his own source for the trump tower story he did coming out and saying that the story was false and he misspoke

Something so damning to the story that almost every other news outlet that ran the story retracted it

But not Bernstein and cnn

So what does Woodward or Bernstein work in the 70s have to do with anything?

Especially when it seems like Woodward’s book here is about who gossiped about whonin the White House

This is not journalism, it’s gossip

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: soberbacchus

It is hilarious that BOTH these suspect denial statements were issued by TRUMP, not Mattis or Kelly.

To be clear, the language and sentence structure in both these statements is far too sophisticated to have been written by Donald Trump himself. But both statements include a number of his favorite words and phrases, and they very much sound like they were crafted with direct input from Trump. We wouldn’t expect Mattis or Kelly to publicly side with Bob Woodward over Trump, for fear of losing their jobs. That said, we can’t see these two guys disrespecting Bernstein to this extent by needlessly throwing in words like “fiction” and “pathetic.” Also, Woodward has made clear that he recorded every conversation that was used as source material for his book.

Of course the real reason we’re left laughing at these “statements” is that they’re being issued by Donald Trump. If Mattis and Kelly had made these statements, they’d have simply given them directly to the media, so that the media would know to treat them as legitimate.

www.palmerreport.com...

Why is TRUMP issuing weirdly written statements on their behalf?

twitter.com...

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Yep. Woodward never even got close to President Trump in person,
he had one phone conversation about why he was repeatedly denied
access, and was told it was because he would lie, which he did.

Trump contradicted himself in that recorded conversation.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Anthony Scaramucci: Maybe Woodward's book is all true. So, what?

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

This is not journalism, it’s gossip

Let's wait for the tapes to get subpoenaed, shall we?

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 09:42 AM
link   

fictional claims,

The fictional book has not been released yet, and there is only
1 recording that has been released, and it was Trump telling him
NO NO NO..

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

What do you think you are posting?

You are regurgitating Trump's twitter feed.

Pretty simple for either or both John Kelly and James Mattis to issue an official statement either on camera or written statement to the press denying they said those words.

The only denials we have are obviously written by WH house aides and sent out via TRUMPs twitter feed. No letterhead, no signatures, no nothing. Just Trump Tweets.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join