It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Secret of 42 Revealed

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Creep Thumper
a reply to: muzzleflash

I think, more interesting than "42", is that the Great Pyramid incorporates Exodus 3:14, Pi (3.14), into its structure.

To me that indicates the GP represents the name of God, among other things. For instance, I also think it represents fire, based on its shape and its name, pyr-amid.

Exodus 3:14 And God said to Moses, “I AM WHO I AM,”[a] and He said, “You will say this to the children of Israel, ‘I AM has sent me to you.’ ”

Hmmmmm....
Fascinating.

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: operation mindcrime

Is this going to end in the conclusion that the speed of light isn't constant at all?

The speed of light is not constant.

Just one of many links

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: frayedknot
Awesome thread, Muzzleflash! Reading this made my day!

Thank you and you're welcome!

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: micpsi
The real, cosmic significance of the number 42:
there are 42 Sephirothic emanations up to, but not including, Chesed, the first of the seven Sephiroth of Construction, of the seventh overlapping Tree of Life representing this Sephirah. What this is telling us is that, given a starting point, you need 42 degrees of freedom to express a holistic system. Three remarkable examples of this:
1. the 7 types of 8-note musical diatonic scales have (7x6=42) notes between the tonic and octave.
2. the five Platonic solids have 42 vertices when they are nested one inside another so that they share two vertices as the endpoints of their shared axis (in the case of the tetrahedron, this is one edge).
3. There are 42 triangles surrounding the central triangle of the Sri Yantra, a yantra revered by Hindus as a geometrical representation of Divine Creation.
Both the 7 diatonic scales and the 5 regular polyhedra can be shown to be mathematically complete systems in the sense that no fewer, and no more, diatonic scales or Platonic solids can exist. It turns out that holistic systems are always parameterised by the number 42, i.e., it quantifes their properties, although it is only one of several parameters, some of which have been discovered scientifically, without, of course, any realisation by their discoverers of their profound significance.

I actually got a kick outta reading your post, hahaha.
I made you post that.

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 02:44 PM
link   

No rush...the universe isn't going anywhere.

Peace

I totally disappeared for a few weeks.

I have formed a pattern of this behavior over the last few years.

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm
i watched a cartoon recently called the amazing world of gumball. its a very cute and meta show that makes fun of itself and real world problems on both the adolescent and adult scale. this particular episode was about a painting that seemed to predict a bad outcome. all the characters engaged in shenanigans intended to prevent this outcome but their efforts only made sure the whole thing went down exactly as the painting showed them. this was all fun and cool to watch, until one of the characters said "would any of this have happened at all if we had not seen the painting?"

moral of the story, the number 42 is proof that humans are very gullible and will see jesus on a piece of toast if it fits their preconceived notions. it has nothing to do with the information provided, everything to do with how we process that information to serve our purposes on both the conscious and subconscious level. what makes you any more sane than a patient in the asylum? the assumption that you are sane. try not to let it bug you.

You have no idea what you're talking about.

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Okay Muzzle, I'll be honest with you...I didn't get a whole lot done concerning the subject of your thread since it was weekend. A couple of years ago I started with "WiFi-free weekends" to get the kids away from their tablets, phones and game consoles but this time I was the one most affected by this rule...lol

I have taken up my book this morning and I like to believe that I kind of get where you are trying to go with this thread.....well that or I am missing the point completely and this is all way over my head but I really need some more clues from you....

Peace

The purpose of this thread was multilayered and I had a lot of mixed motivations to write it.
I was in a hurry too.

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: heffo7

This post struck me about the weighing of the soul.

I remember reading somewhere that at the moment of death a person loses 21 grams. 21 grams each side of the scales = 42. I think Naomi Watts starred in a movie about it.

You mean this:
21 Grams Experiment

The 21 grams experiment refers to a scientific study published in 1907 by Duncan MacDougall, a physician from Haverhill, Massachusetts. MacDougall hypothesized that souls have physical weight, and attempted to measure the mass lost by a human when the soul departed the body. MacDougall attempted to measure the mass change of six patients at the moment of death. One of the six subjects lost three-fourths of an ounce (21.3 grams).

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: lucia2389

OHG – muzzleflash, you are such a wizard. how do you do this i wonder, honestly, i have to share this

three 42-events in one day !!!

it was a moment of total magic. i found my ultimate guru.

I didn't "do" it, I "allowed" it to happen within me and then I expressed it.

I allowed synchronicity to coalesce, and it would appear that you are allowing it too!

I've had all sorts of good ideas about how to respond to your post and remind you about how 42 and laughter are intimately entwined in all sorts of mystical ways.

I'll actually try to remember to come back and show you a few of those in just a little bit. For real this time. I'll be around awhile today.

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: ShortFuzed

"What time is soon anyways?"

Well for me - "soon" can be anywhere from 5 minutes to... well, a month or two?
Hahahhaa..

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pinocchio
42 Is The Week Upon Which "Halloween" Falls...

That Is When The Tormentors Come To Claim Their Prize. And Lo... God Help Us If We Do Not Give It To Them.

Trick Or Treat...

42... You Still Have Time... You Are Warned!

Hahahha, I'm glad to see you Pinocchio!
Thank you for the warning!

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Damla

I never heard this song before and I really like it.
I've listened to it like 10 times in a row now.
Very very good.

The visuals in the video have tons of occult references too, including one of my favorites which is the female wearing the gas mask to express her feelings (in context of the song's lyrics).

He even says "Don't walk away when the world is burning, don't walk away when the heart is yearning", something like that.

It's about how Love can be an 'end of the world scenario', and the whole world becomes toxic and suffocating and you feel trapped in a gas mask never getting to taste that fresh air ever again (fresh air = fulfillment of Love through uniting in each other's arms).

Omg why did you post that?
Why did you post that particular song?
You have definitely piqued my curiosity today Damla.

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash

originally posted by: Creep Thumper

I think, more interesting than "42", is that the Great Pyramid incorporates Exodus 3:14, Pi (3.14), into its structure.

To me that indicates the GP represents the name of God, among other things. For instance, I also think it represents fire, based on its shape and its name, pyr-amid.

Exodus 3:14 And God said to Moses, “I AM WHO I AM,”[a] and He said, “You will say this to the children of Israel, ‘I AM has sent me to you.’ ”

Hmmmmm....
Fascinating.

😁👍

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 03:47 PM
link   

it is a favourite song. it has some buddhist touches to it too. i listen to it not once as well.most of the time.why i post it? because cor cordis.

sometimes i post a song because it begins to play in my mind..maybe always.

edit on 6-10-2018 by Damla because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-10-2018 by Damla because: (changed the video to look at lyrics)

edit on 6-10-2018 by Damla because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Thanks for motivating me.
Perhaps one day you will understand what I said.

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Damla

Cor Cordis, Heart of Hearts.

That was on the card printed out at the end in that video.
Interesting you noticed that.

Desert Rose, I really like that song too, one of Sting's best imo.

Hmmmm....

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: FauxMulder

Mulder knows the Secrets...

Damn it man. Now they all know, that I know, things they don't know, ya know?

Oh Crap, now I have to change my username on ATS.

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Damla

Ars Vivendi, Manus in Mano...

Ab Imo Pectore.

Omnia Vincit Amor, Nos Et Cedamus Amori

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 11:59 PM
link   

I'll actually try to remember to come back and show you a few of those in just a little bit. For real this time. I'll be around awhile today.

i wrote you a story in answering the above. actually i wrote it to post it in the short story section dedicated this time to the 42nd week of the year, halloween. then i thought it might be in violation with t&c and would sound too sarcastic or you would take offence. so i do post it here for you for another laugh. should you be offended, please forgive me. i'll remove it if there is time. or you check it with the mods, ok?

of course i would have added that all similarities with existing persons, names and locations are an imagination of the reader

i wasn't sure for a title yet. maybe "the dragon's spew", but it is not important

so here we go

"
It was a stormy night. The moon pretended to appear in its last sickle and in its faint light only a few stars swayed on nix’ foggy dress for the evening. The wind blew from the north, icy cold, seemingly caught up and stuck in the dress of the night’s lacy clouds. And just as the north wind gained in volume………. it happened again. Muzzleflash, a rare emanation of hellish appearance, son of Saturn, promised once again to be back soon. Soon. Hahaha.

All followers, friends and foes, of Muzzleflash gathered in excitement. For sure he will appear at Halloween, they speculated among each other. After all, Muzz was a master of handling and dealing the illusions. Where else shall we be waiting for his appeasing appearance other than around the black pit called 8-T-Ass? The pit with no exit, only an entrance and if you leaned over the edge of this pit, even a little, to explore the vast shadeless dark, your ears would be silenced by the deafening sound of the densest of nothingness.

Some members of this circle of the “Waiters” couldn’t help themselves and did peer deep into the crater which was called “The Soon” with agonizing anticipation. After they had crawled back from the fringe of death with strange smoke coming out of their ears, they looked each other into their eyes of now flickering amber with satisfaction. Yes indeed, they had glimpsed a flash of light at the end of The Soon.

He will be here soon, they shouted into the crowd and the tension grew among the 8-T-Assers who started to sing and foretell his praise. At stroke 12 that unsaintly night of howling storms Flash appeared out of the pit of nothing surrounded by the dark and the black to give him reference. His eyes glowed brightly phosphorous of joy to see so many fond backers and kickers, supporters and friends and he turned in full circle to look at them all and he gave his enormous Hahahha into the crowd.

But being Muzzleflash he burned everything to the ground wherever he turned leaving behind half dead corpses, singeing, smoking and burning, coalescing with the crater of The Soon. Muzz was perplexed. What’s happening? He turned another circle but only to hear No No Nomore from the searing flesh of the surrounding.

Muzzleflash momentously grew aware to the solution. He had to disappear back into the void for now. And in doing so, he projected a last flash up into the dark frost of the night: I have tons of ideas how to fix this, I’ll be back soon. Soon!

His sonorous Hahahha was the last that was heard for now. The storm grew eminently stronger and finally tore through the fabric of Nix’ frock to fall over the burning bodies as healing drops of torrential rain.

"

edit on 7-10-2018 by lucia2389 because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-10-2018 by lucia2389 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 02:40 AM
link   
a reply to: lucia2389

Ok that was funny, hahahah!

I am actually preparing a Halloween thread, but I think I'm gonna release it early (hopefully).
I had a Friday the 13th thread that went through multiple incarnations but I never released it (about 4-5 years ago) so maybe one day I'll conjure it back up and try to bring it to life in front of everyone here.

They are both really spooky so it will probably scare people.
Hehehehe.

Now I'm gonna type up a response to your experiences that you shared about 42...

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join