It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Secret of 42 Revealed

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+52 more 
posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 09:05 AM
link   

And ever since that tragic moment people throughout the Cosmos have pondered what is the Answer to

And as all savvy Galactic Hitchhikers now know, the answer to this most profound question is clearly and most certainly

But how could it be 42 you might wonder?
What does it even mean?

Well, as I happened to be having a cup of Joe at

Lost somewhere in

It suddenly occurred to me, I literally saw the Light!

I'll write a thread on ATS explaining the Secrets of

But I have to give it a cool name, how about

Yeah, that's perfect!

You gotta be clever like Fox if you wanna figure this one out!

Mulder knows the Secrets, and there's a reason he lives in Apartment 42!
Now, let's get down to the nitty gritty of Why...

link   

When light refracts upon entering a droplet of water, reflects off the back of the droplet, then refracts again upon exit, it reveals the spectrum of colors for everyone to see!
And as we all know, Light and Water are vital components of Life, the Universe, and Everything!

So let's discuss

42 is the number with which God creates the Universe in Kabbalistic tradition. In Kabbalah, the most significant name is that of the En Sof (also known as "Ein Sof", "Infinite" or "Endless"), who is above the Sefirot (sometimes spelled "Sephirot").[15] The Forty-Two-Lettered Name contains four combined names which are spelled in Hebrew letters (spelled in letters = 42 letters), which is the name of Azilut (or "Atziluth" "Emanation")

They're good books, check em out if you want to learn more.
So what's this really about??

And what did God say?

So now we're starting to make some real connections - this is Illuminati 101.

That's at St. Charles Church in Vienna Austria

That one's the Tetragrammaton at 5th Chapel of the Palace of Versailles France

In Judaism, the number of the "Forty-Two Lettered Name" ascribed to God. Rab (or Rabhs), a 3rd-century source in the Talmud stated "The Forty-Two Lettered Name is entrusted only to him who is pious, meek, middle-aged, free from bad temper, sober, and not insistent on his rights". Maimonides felt that the original Talmudic Forty-Two Lettered Name was perhaps composed of several combined divine names. The apparently unpronouncable Tetragrammaton provides the backdrop from the Twelve-Lettered Name and the Forty-Two Lettered Name of the Talmud.

Eye of Providence on US Dollar in the place of the Tetragrammaton
edit on 9/3/2018 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

link   
And we have Rainbows in Mythology, for example the Rainbow represents God's Promise to mankind in the Bible, and in Norse mythology it's believed to connect the Divine Realm (Asgard) with the Earth realm, even the Japanese or Navajo and Maori have beliefs that Rainbows are the bridge between Life and Death, allowing us to cross over to the other side!
Indra in Hindu myth uses the Rainbow to fire arrows of lightning, and in Sumeria the Rainbow was associated with Immortality.

In Greek mythology, Iris is the personification of the rainbow and a messenger linking the gods to humanity. Iris is frequently mentioned as a divine messenger in the Iliad. She carries a caduceus or winged staff. Iris's messages often concerned war and retribution.[4] However, like many Greek gods, Iris is continually being redefined. The rainbow eventually became solely a mode of transportation for Iris, who proves to be as elusive and unpredictable as the rainbow itself. Anuenue, the rainbow maiden, appears in Hawaiian legends as the messenger for her brothers, the gods Tane and Kanaloa.[5]

That's the Goddess of Rainbows and Light, and messenger of the Divine - Iris.

That flower is the Iris, and within it is the All Seeing Eye of Providence.

And that is a drawing of the Iris of the Eye in Rainbow colors.

The theme consistent with most Australian tribes is that the Rainbow Serpent is the creator of the world and all beings.

Rainbow Serpent

Izanami and Izanagi, the male and female creators of the world in Japanese myth, "descended on the Floating Bridge of Heaven to create land from the ocean of chaos." In many texts this bridge is known as a rainbow.

So in many beliefs it's both the Bridge from divine to physical, and the central component of creation itself.

For some native people the rainbow around the sun is considered to be a sign from God, marking a time of great change. “The Whirling Rainbow – Prophecy There will come a day when people of all races, colors, and creeds will put aside their differences. They will come together in love, joining hands in unification, to heal the Earth and all Her children.

They will move over the Earth like a great Whirling Rainbow, bringing peace, understanding and healing everywhere they go. Many creatures thought to be extinct or mythical will resurface at this time; the great trees that perished will return almost overnight. All living things will flourish, drawing sustenance from the breast of our Mother, the Earth.

The great spiritual Teachers who walked the Earth and taught the basics of the truths of the Whirling Rainbow Prophecy will return and walk amongst us once more, sharing their power and understanding with all. We will learn how to see and hear in a sacred manner. Men and women will be equals in the way Creator intended them to be; all children will be safe anywhere they want to go. Elders will be respected and valued for their contributions to life. Their wisdom will be sought out. The whole Human race will be called The People and there will be no more war, sickness or hunger forever”
~Ancient American Indian Prophecy

For Buddhists, the rainbow is "the highest state achievable before attaining Nirvana

And there are hundreds of other Rainbow myths you can investigate in your own free time.
It's a central pillar to understanding Life, the Universe, and Everything.

link   
Alright let's go Back to Egypt since we're talking Judaism, Moses, Triangles, Light, Rainbows, etc...

The Golden Page

The Great Pyramid’s slope angles match the angles necessary to perceive a rainbow. The angle found at the corner of the Great Pyramid is 42 degrees and is the same angle from you to the top of a rainbow. The angle found at the side of the pyramid is 51.84 degrees and is Phi within a double rainbow located at 50 to 53 degrees. A rainbow is 2 wide, the double rainbow is 3 wide and the space between is 8 wide. 1,1,2,3,5,8 is Fibonacci.

51.84 degrees is Phi between the 50 to 53 degrees. The color order of a double rainbow matches your chakras, red on up. Its Phi location is a green matching your heart chakra. The same green considered to be the color of a mirror, or the color that's most reflected which you can start to see when looking down a tunnel of mirrors.

I was getting 41.99 at the corners, but really we are talking about 1/100th of a degree which is hardly even measurable, not to mention the fact that all of the casing stones are missing. Plus remember the GP is concave making the side slope a hair higher than our calculations.

Remember how the Pyramids replicate and point at Orion? Cmon Hitchhikers!

M42 = Orion Nebula

Messier object M42, a magnitude 5.0 diffuse nebula in the constellation Orion, also known as the Orion Nebula.

There are 42 questions asked of persons making their journey through Death. Ma'at, a female personification, considered to be both maternal and a delivering force, is an Ancient Egyptian personification of physical and moral law, order, and truth. In the judgment scene described in the Egyptian and the Book of Pass (the Book of the Dead, which evolved from the Coffin Texts and the Pyramid Texts), there are 42 questions personifying the analysis of Ma'at. If the departed reasonably can give answers to the 42 questions, they have the potential to either be reincarnate, or if completely successful, reach the ultimate goal of becoming a Star, whereon, they can continue to give Light, and fuel Universal growth.

Ma'at is Truth

Book of the Dead

Look up "The 42 Principles/Laws of Ma'at".

And ain't it weird that 42 in Japanese sounds like "Dying/Death" ?

In Japanese culture, the number 42 is considered unlucky because the numerals when pronounced separately—shi ni (four two)—sound like the word "dying" like a Latin word "mori".

What do you think Jesus has to say about 42??

The number 42 appears in various contexts in Christianity. There are 42 generations (names) in the Gospel of Matthew's version of the Genealogy of Jesus; it is prophesied that for 42 months the Beast will hold dominion over the Earth (Revelation 13:5)

And the first mass produced printed book in history is?

The Gutenberg Bible is also known as the "42-line Bible", as the book contained 42 lines per page.

Look's like you'll be Dying on a Cross too!
Better find Balance now...

link   
Oh you think "They", the "Powers that Be", don't know how significant this is?
Than why is the 42nd Infantry Division of the US Army the "Rainbow Division"? That's their Armpatch by the way!

42nd Infantry "Rainbow" Division

Cmon folks! Open your Eye with that 42 degree angle!

Let's go to the far side of knowledge with Deep Thought and pop in the Dark Side of the Moon by Pink Floyd - which is 42 minutes long!

In 1666, Newton observed that the spectrum of colours exiting a prism in the position of minimum deviation is oblong, even when the light ray entering the prism is circular, which is to say, the prism refracts different colours by different angles.[36][37]

Newton, by William Blake; here, Newton is depicted critically as a "divine geometer".
Opticks: or, A Treatise of the Reflexions, Refractions, Inflexions and Colours of Light by Isaac Newton
Read that book if you wanna see how he figured out the secrets of the Rainbow and 42 degrees.

Sir Isaac Newton by Jean-Leon Huens

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 09:06 AM
link   
About now I bet you're feeling a lot like

Because you just went

Lewis Carroll, who was a mathematician,[18] made repeated use of this number in his writings.[19]
Examples of Carroll's use of 42:

Alice's Adventures in Wonderland has 42 illustrations

Alice's attempts at multiplication (chapter two of Alice in Wonderland) work if one uses base 18 to write the first answer, and increases the base by threes to 21, 24, etc. (the answers working up to 4 × 12 = "19" in base 39), but "breaks" precisely when one attempts the answer to 4 × 13 in base 42, leading Alice to declare "oh dear! I shall never get to twenty at that rate!"

Rule Forty-two in Alice's Adventures in Wonderland ("All persons more than a mile high to leave the court").

Rule 42 of the Code in the preface[20] to The Hunting of the Snark ("No one shall speak to the Man at the Helm").

In "fit the first" of The Hunting of the Snark the Baker had "forty-two boxes, all carefully packed, With his name painted clearly on each."[20]

The White Queen announces her age as "one hundred and one, five months and a day", which—if the best possible date is assumed for the action of Through the Looking-Glass (e.g., a date is chosen such that the rollover from February to March is excluded from what would otherwise be an imprecise measurement of "five months and a day")—gives a total of 37,044 days. If the Red Queen, as part of the same chess set, is regarded as the same age, their combined age is 74,088 days, or 42 × 42 × 42.

Cmon guys, you're letting Watson beat you! You need to upgrade to Deep Thought!

Come Watson!

link   
I ain't playin tricks but I'm takin em!

The name of a Texan trick-taking game played with dominoes (see 42 (dominoes))

You gotta take a Risk sometimes!

The board game Risk has forty-two territories

But make sure you learn the Rules of the game!

The number of laws of cricket [23]

And charge up your Batteries!

4.2V is the maximum safe voltage for most lithium (Li-ion and Li-pol) battery cells.

Or use a barrel of Oil, it doesn't matter!

There are 42 US gallons in a barrel of oil.

Don't let your passwords expire!

The password expiration policy for a Microsoft Windows domain defaults to 42 days

Be a Star*, show em you're the Wildcard!

The ASCII code 42 is for the asterisk symbol, being a wildcard for everything.

Gotta go global like it's New Year's Eve and we're at Time's Square on 42nd St!

In New York City, 42nd Street is a main and very popular two-way thoroughfare. Landmarks on it include the Chrysler Building, Grand Central Terminal, the main branch of the New York Public Library, and Times Square. The Headquarters of the United Nations is at the east end of the street.

I'm goin Big Bertha here, and giving birth-to-a great thread!
See you'd know that's clever because

The Germans also used molybdenum-doped steel for heavy artillery, like in the super-heavy howitzer Big Bertha

and Molybdenum is Element 42 and Big Bertha was a mega sized 420mm cannon (bigger than any on US Battleships even!).

I'm just tryin to knock it outta the park like # 42

The jersey number of Jackie Robinson, which is the only number retired by all Major League Baseball teams. Although the number was retired in 1997, Mariano Rivera of the New York Yankees, the last professional baseball player to wear number 42, continued to wear it until he retired at the end of the 2013 season. As of the 2014 season, no player will ever again wear the number 42 in Major League Baseball except on Jackie Robinson Day (April 15), when all uniformed personnel (players, managers, coaches, and umpires) wear the number.

This takes Deep Thought, Watson, and the Multivac!

42 is the inspiration for the name of the 42 Center of Excellence for Artificial Intelligence, based in Vienna, Austria[26].
42 is the name of the private computer science school located in Paris, France and Fremont, California.

It's like life's just a game in the end, so Why So Serious? Lighten up and enjoy the...

42 Entertainment is the company responsible for several alternate reality games, including I Love Bees, Year Zero, and Why So Serious.

Just fold a piece of paper 42 times if you really wanna go for the Moon!

If one were to fold a piece of paper 42 times, it would reach beyond the orbit of the moon.[27]

You Seriously Must read this Link about Folding paper

I'm gonna reach a New Level with this one!

link   

You see I'm

But when it comes to Reading and Rainbows, I'm Hardcore like

And always remember,

link   

link   
Anyways, that's all folks!

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 09:10 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

Taking a wild swing here...

42° is where the visible light spectrum of the "rainbow" begins???

Cool thread with all the pictures...finally a thread that's triggered my interest...s+f

Peace

Eta: ohh....my bad. Those blank pages were reserved. I'm going to read the rest of your most impressive thread now. Thank you for the hard work...I'll get back to you in a couple of days when this has been processed.
edit on 2018pAmerica/ChicagoMon, 03 Sep 2018 09:19:20 -0500am301920189 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Fairly good when Adams has said he got that looking out the window at his garden.
"42 , yes that will do"

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 09:35 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash

The theme consistent with most Australian tribes is that the Rainbow Serpent is the creator of the world and all beings.

A lot of Aboriginal 'tribes' in Australia are no different to Christians, Muslim, Jews, and other religions.
They have splintered off belief systems that vary vastly from one end of the country to another.

While people in the NT, and W.A may both have a rainbow serpent they may sound like two completely different beasts.
Kind of how Catholics and Protestants, interpret the same 'stories' differently for completely different outcomes.
So while the Serpent might be a common theme across the culture it's meaning is far from consistent, as is with much of traditional aboriginal beliefs and it's other deities.

Kind of like how Jews, Christians and Muslims worship the same God but cannot agree on the specific details.

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Nice thread. It’s a bit like a data dump with all manner of associations made with no clear plot or anything to tie these instances together, other than some people seem to notice a pattern that this number pops up quite often. Which it does.

Other than noticing and collecting these instances, do you feel like you can make a statement as to how these dots add up to anything? Even if it’s pure speculation?

I never made the connection between the angle of light required to see a rainbow and the angles of the great pyramid. That is very interesting.

I’m not surprised that the number has made it into pop culture, or that even louis carrol was aware. I assume that the number plays a significant role in cabalistic, numerology, and other math derived teachings. But it seems to me that there is nothing useful to be brought about by knowing much of this.

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 09:45 AM
link   

fantastic read! thank you!

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

It's useful because it allowed me to write a thread based on a great concept.

The dots add up to explaining Why 42 is the "Answer to Life, the Universe, and Everything".

Read the first 4-5 posts again slowly.
Activate Deep Thought.

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash

Mulder knows the Secrets...

Damn it man. Now they all know, that I know, things they don't know, ya know?

edit on 3-9-2018 by FauxMulder because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket

fantastic read! thank you!

Woohoo! You're welcome!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join