It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Secret of 42 Revealed

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Astrocyte
a reply to: muzzleflash

So, you're saying everything is absolutely meaningful? There is no meaningless coincidences? Or, some things are meaningful and other things aren't? Is there meaning to the microbes around us and the way they configure?

In order to know if all of the microbes around us were configured in a meaningful pattern, you would have to know everything. The precise locations, sizes, etc, of countless things - and then somehow have the infinite computing power necessary to determine if there is a pattern and then the creative power to discern if it representing "meaningfulness", which is a really vague and mystical thing in of itself.

So basically only a supreme infinite intelligence could make sense of anything on the totality level.

Now, consider "if" there is a supreme intelligence, and "if" that intelligence created the entire universe, and additionally knew the entire progression of it's development from the beginning to the end of eternal time - than obviously there must be some type of meaning and perfect placement of every last atom at any given moment.

Just because we humans are not capable of figuring out even a fraction of it doesn't mean that the supreme intelligence "if" it exists doesn't know what it's doing. By very definition the entire universe would be planned out and everything that happened played into the overall 'grand meaning'.

Now even if we feeble humans 'think we figured out a meaning' doesn't mean it's accurate, because we cannot see the grand scheme. Our entire concept of 'meaning' may be missing the entire mark to begin with.

With that said, I do believe you've missed the entire point of this thread. You made way too many assumptions.

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Specimen

I am going to go look deeper into the Pistis Sophia.

I looked over a few parts of it like 10 years ago and haven't thought too much about it since other than a few odd thoughts here or there.

I think you're onto something, lol.
Thanks again for posting your thoughts!

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

The Donald Duck in MathMagic Land cartoon is great!!
You will for sure love it!!

They simply do not make informative stuff like that anymore!

The synchronicity of you running into 137 is super cool!

All this 'approaching singularity' in the last few years makes me really wonder what's going on, hahahah!

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 09:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash

I am going to go look deeper into the Pistis Sophia.

there's the "phi" embedded in Sophia

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Here is something I just randomly ran across.

An answer to the question,

"Are there three whole numbers, (x, y, z), that satisfy,

K = x^3 + y^3 + z^3, such that K = 33"?

This is known as the "Sum of three cubes" problem. It has remained unsolved for 64 years. They have been trying to figure this for numbers less than 100. They can figure which one cannot be expressed as the sum of 3 cubes and have been throwing supercomputers at the rest.

Now, Andrew Booker, a mathematician at the University of Bristol, has finally cracked it: He discovered that (8,866,128,975,287,528)³ + (–8,778,405,442,862,239)³ + (–2,736,111,468,807,040)³ = 33.

Booker found this odd trio of 16-digit integers by devising a new search algorithm to sift them out of quadrillions of possibilities. The algorithm ran on a university supercomputer for three weeks straight. (He says he thought it would take six months, but a solution “popped out before I expected it.”)

But even with increasingly powerful computers and more efficient algorithms thrown at the problem, some whole numbers have stubbornly refused to yield any winning tickets. And 33 was an especially stubborn case: Until Booker found his solution, it was one of only two integers left below 100 (excluding the ones for which solutions definitely don’t exist) that still couldn’t be expressed as a sum of three cubes. With 33 out of the way, the only one left is 42.

quantamagazine.org, March 26, 2019 - Sum-of-Three-Cubes Problem Solved for ‘Stubborn’ Number 33.

One more wondrous feature of 42! It is unknown if it can be expressed as the sum of three cubed integers!

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 12:13 PM
link   
The author of the guide Adams was a computer programmer. In computer code of the day the number 42 was an asterisk. Which meant it was used as a random in programming language..which literally meant "anything you like", so the meaning of life was 42 "anything you like !!".

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Thanks for this thread it makes some sense.
There are infinite angles from which one can look through the prism!
Getting rid of the drama around 42 and going into 3d. We get a prism or tetrahedron the most energy efficient platonic body.

A tetrahedron has 6 sides and a gravity point which gives us seven aspects of our prism we can control.

While creating the tetrahedron we create the double helix as well, which gives us the other 6 aspects and a gravity point.

Tetrahedron and helix are found in the 3 aspects of humans body, mind, soul.

Which gives us a total of 42 aspect of reality that can be controlled.

Less is sometimes more!

Maybe this thread might be interesting for you to read. Maybe the first 3 pages are not very important, or are they???

I'm off to read your other threads.

Sincerely No Clue

edit on 26/7/2019 by NoClue because: off

posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 11:19 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

Now that is really weird, so 42 is the only one left that hasn't been expressed as the 'sum of 3 cubes' ?

42 keeps popping up in all the strangest places, even on a lot of commercials I've seen lately. Maybe I'm looking for it now so I'm finding it everywhere but I'm pretty sure it's coming up more often than would be statistically expected.

How are you doing lately anyways TEO?

posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 11:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoClue

Tetrahedron and helix are found in the 3 aspects of humans body, mind, soul.

Which gives us a total of 42 aspect of reality that can be controlled.

Less is sometimes more!

That's interesting because both of the 42 threads feature a lot of info about the Pyramids, and the tetrahedron is a type of pyramid, the triangular pyramid. (Granted the Pyramids I've been discussing are right pyramids but still, they are all pyramids none-the-less so it is closely connected in terms of geometry).

Could I ask what you mean by 42 aspects of reality? I'm not quite sure I understand so I'd be grateful if you were willing to go into a little more depth about it because it sounds cool and I'd like to learn more.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts by the way!

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 12:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy1972
The author of the guide Adams was a computer programmer. In computer code of the day the number 42 was an asterisk. Which meant it was used as a random in programming language..which literally meant "anything you like", so the meaning of life was 42 "anything you like !!".

The answer is anything you like it to be!

So get this;
"it's the answer to life, the universe, and everything." = 42 letters
"the meaning of life, the universe, and everything" = 42 letters as well (if we include the 2 commas)

and another guy pointed out that a pair of dice has 42 dots between them. (21 on each one)
So "two die" (dice) is a homophone of "to die" which in Japanese the homophone of 42 and death are the same (shini).

And Episode 42 of Monty Python's Flying Circus actually has Douglas Adams appear in it. The episode is called "The Light Entertainment War" and features the songs "Anything Goes" and "When Does a Dream Begin?".

If we number each letter in the alphabet, like A=1 B=2 C=3, than
M+A+T+H = 42

(these tidbits came from an old reddit discussion)

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 07:53 AM
link   

I did, if you read my threads, alot is covered there although I'm still figuring out alot, myself.

No Clue

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: NoClue

Ok I'll start with "of aviaries", any other thread you recommend? I'll read them throughout the day. Right now I gotta make a few phone calls before places close at 4/5pm.

Any reading recommendations beyond that I'd appreciate your suggestions. I love these topics so am very interested in anything you have to share. Thanks!

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 05:26 PM
link   

First and foremost the thread I linked in my first answer.
The way you link things together, I think you will have no problem following it. If you have, i will try to answer questions.

From page 3 on it's getting interesting for you, before was more of a foreplay, it had its purpose, and I think what your looking for comes later.

Other related threads...

How i met the universe.
What is love...
Ascending descending
The beast of land and sea
Emotions...

Some jucy bits are littered in other threads, that i had the impression where some sort of shy questions...?

Sincerely No Clue

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 07:38 PM
link   
bookmark
great thread

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 09:54 PM
link   

There is a bit of difference between “looking” for something and that thing “just showing up” at weird times. Personally, I’ve learned to let it roll.

Does it mess with your head?? Yeah, if you let it. But you can also ignore it or defer it to some later time.

Robert Anton Wilson had an experiment where you believed that quarters would materialize in front of you for a month; the next month, you say to yourself, that you are lucky to find one. At the end of two months, you ask yourself “were you lucky, or, did you manifest them”?

This kind of feels the same way. So, how do you look at it? 42, appears out of nowhere? Or, has it been there and now you are just noticing??

It is fun to see it from both sides! Keeps you a bit honest and open to the weirdness of universe!!

ETA: Been busy at work and not here as much as I used to. Sucks doing 4 people’s jobs because managers won’t!

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 11:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket
bookmark
great thread

Thanks BlueJacket!
Don't miss out on Part 2 of the series!

I've been working on part 3 a little bit this week and have decided that I'll probably make this into a 4 or 5 part series because I have too much to fit into just 3 parts.

It may be awhile for the next one to be ready so be patient everyone!
It'll be worth the wait, as always!

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 11:22 PM
link   
The funnest thing about making threads here at ATS is that I get to tap into my own creativity and explore uncharted territory and making the best out of what I have at hand.

That's why I absolutely Love writing things here to share with everyone!
I get to just be "Me" and do things my own way, and improve upon it and develop new approaches and discover what's hiding inside!

I also really enjoy sharing my heroes that inspired me and hopefully I can inspire others to be themselves and share the Light from within themselves too!

Woooohoooo!!!

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 11:22 PM
link   

I jumped in on both of them and looking forward to making comments, really impressed with the research as well as presentation.

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Thank you for the interesting thread, I am heading to read part two and your previous linked threads.
So often we see 7 in art, movies, songs everywhere but 42 can be expressed as 14,14,14 0r 7 777777

So is there a relationship, all of this world background knowing buy some? The references to 21, and 7 are as numerous as 42
Clear white light is composed of seven visible colors.

7-9-2014 example.

Author J.K. Rowling surprised fans on Tuesday with a new chapter in the wildly popular Harry Potter saga.
In the 1,500-word story on her website, Pottermore, the boy wizard reappears all grown up, with a wife, two sons, and "threads of silver" in his hair.
The new piece,appearing seven yearsafter the publishing of the last Harry Potter novel, is presented in the form of a gossip-column item on the nearly34-year-old Harry's attendance at the 2014 QuidditchWorld Cup Finals.

edit on 6-8-2019 by SeaWorthy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: micpsi
This is merely number pareidolia. One can find significance for almost any integer. After all, there are quite a lot to choose! There are a huge number of contexts to pick from in order to make ANY number seem cosmically important. On the other hand, if you really would like to make connections between the number 42 and contexts that have a realistic possibility of being relevant (supposing that this number is, indeed, a master number favoured by God when he designed the universe, reality and everything), then consider the following:
1. there are 7 planes of consciousness, each with 7 subplanes (don't ask me why - I have not got time - ask Theosophists and the great Indian spiritual master Meher Baba. So there are 42 subplanes above the lowest plane (physical universe). God needed 42 higher levels of reality in order to make his way down here;
2. the Sri Yantra is the most revered of the Indian yantras. It consists of 42 triangles surrounding a central one that symbolises the triple Godhead of Shiva, Brahma & Vishnu. Each triangle corresponds to a higher level of reality (subplane). So God really did need that number 42. There are over 1.08 billion Hindus that will confirm this;
3. the 7 notes above the tonic of a musical octave has 21 intervals. That means they have 21 ascending intervals and 21 descending intervals (definition: if an ascending interval is of magnitude n, its descending; counterpart is 1/n). Therefore, 42 intervals other than notes can be associated with each octave of 8 notes.

Well, that's just a few. I could give dozens of more examples of how 42 really is involved in the construction of the universe, just as Douglas Adams pretended to claim. But I have not got time. Besides, I know few of you will even take me seriously, so why bother?

Yes and
42 The traditional list of the ancient Tibetan rulers consists of 42 names.

But ran across this
Douglas Adams and the cult of 42

If you know The Hitchhiker's Guide to The Galaxy, then you also know the answer to Life, the Universe and Everything. But how did Douglas Adams come up with that number?

And one original idea in The Hitchhiker's Guide to The Galaxy, first broadcast as a radio comedy in 1978, has developed a life quite unlike any other joke, before or since. Advertisement The plot for the six episodes leapt very much wherever Adams wanted to go on the day, but led to a pivotal gag that went like this; a giant computer called Deep Thought, having spent exactly 7.5m years pondering on Life, the Universe and Everything finally and solemnly announces that the Ultimate Answer is . . . "Forty two".

Often you hear it as a simple namecheck, a gently conclusive "Douglas Adams", said whenever a spontaneous 42 is seen as a seat number, a restaurant table, or a homework answer. Others post lists of favourite 42s, snap "42" photos, or enjoy throwing a 42nd birthday party (Pink Floyd performed on stage with Adams for his special day). There are the influential friends as well – both Google's HQ and Cern's Large Hadron Collider have office complexes named for the number.

For many followers the question of "Why 42?" has been an enjoyable part of the enigma. Adams kept his magic in the tin, never revealing (other than to his friend Stephen Fry, who claims he'll take the secret to his grave) the full story.

www.theguardian.com...

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join