It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Secret of 42 Revealed

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 01:27 AM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

thanks for your funny reply a while ago. i enjoyed reading about Heh and Kek and etc.

your ideas always take me further on a search binge and i have the best of time following leads.

i'm sure it is totally worth while waiting for part 2, i'm so looking forward to read what you assembled.

all in good measure, you're doing great. rather take more time out to finish your project than feeling let down by yourself for rushing and making mistakes. that happened to me before, it felt awful.

hope you have a safe trip and keep up the fun.

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 01:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Astrocyte

“But the fact is that it doesn’t take long for the experience of the Numinous to unhinge the mind.” – Umberto Eco, Foucaults Pendulum, pg. 6, Harcourt, 1988

That is so true. But as Stephan Zweig had explained so aptly, higher powers are set for us to grow and not to crush us.

You sound so doom and gloom, though I’m sure you meant well with your warning.

I’m not truly sure what you mean by “healthy early-life environment” nor what you mean by “proper brain development”. These are very glitschy concepts. I’m sure you would classify myself as underprivileged in both those areas, yet I can tell you that it was exactly the my-specific circumstances that prepared me to thrive in the numinous.

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 01:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash
Dang it.
I'm like 98% done but it's not ready.

I gotta sort a few last bits (20 min) but once I post it all I will need an hour to go through and proofread the finished product and make edits.

Grrrrrrr!

Alright guys, I'm going to Colorado.

I'll post the thread after I get there and have at least 2 hours.
I'm really really sorry about this. Mostly to myself because I'm totally let down, I thought I'd make it before the deadline I set.

Please: no worries.
Things are ready, when they are ready.
Not one minute before, despite our ambitions.

Perhaps if this makes sense for you: your next post might be with a smile, instead of a "grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr" ?

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 05:59 AM
link   
a reply to: lucia2389

Hi, thanks!

I had to get my ticket reissued for later today, because of some maintenance problems. So I gotta wait a whole day.

That should give me enough time this morning to finish! I'm so excited!
About to go work on it now, hehehe!

It's like the Universe conspired in my favor and was adamant I finish this!
Crazy how that works out!

So glad to see you!

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 06:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Nothin

Yes, hahahahaha!

My next post was made with a big smile and laughter!

Thank you for putting that intention into the air and allowing that to happen!
I'm kinda thrilled about it!

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 06:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Astrocyte

We'll get into the aleph later, that's a huge topic in of itself.

As to the topic of Kabbalah, I think a lot of readers are totally misunderstanding my purpose and intent in using it as a reference point.

I am in no way attempting to say "the tradition of Kabbalah is superior and we should focus on that above all else", instead what I am attempting to do is to show consistencies and surprising correlations between all information available to us in the modern world today. It just so happens that in certain contexts that certain information is most applicable to the research and thinking process.

My goal here is actually to get people to think and read, to show them my methods of research and to inspire them to develop their own.

Also, I am aiming to get people to think way outside of the box and to open themselves to the reality that our universe is too uncanny to be easily explained away as some "coincidence". That the Universe is ordered in such a fashion that all of the rules of statistical probability and chance are seemingly broken, thus revealing the absolute certainty that we still have much to learn and discover - and that we are only still beginning to unravel the truth and this journey has only just begun.

So my use of Kabbalah is more geared towards utilizing it's "mystical" or "spooky" qualities, rather than any sort of attempt to qualify it as a supreme body of knowledge (which it by itself is not), because instead the supreme body of knowledge would be all available knowledge at our fingertips of which Kabbalah is just a tiny fraction of that corpus.

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 06:31 AM
link   

And actually, once I post part 2 you'll see how I do it - I am essentially taking YHVH and turning it into the letter A.

Once you see how this works you will be like "Wtf???" yet at the same time it's simple enough that you'll totally get it and be able to replicate the work yourself to verify it.

It's actually super funny to me that you brought up an issue with the letter A because that is the primary key of part 2.

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 06:49 AM
link   

This popular variant of the "Tetragrammaton Talisman" is actually relevant in a funny way, and although it draws on Hermetic Alchemy and Solomon's Key (it mixes in elements of the 2nd pentacle of Venus for example) - in part 2 I am approaching it from the Pythagorean school in terms of it's expression of Phi the Golden Ratio.

But I'm sure you'll notice the A and when you see this new reference/connection I'm going to reveal I'm pretty sure you'll laugh at least a few times.

It's actually way bigger than Phi.
You'll see.

I need to get to work now, I'm against the clock today.

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 08:21 AM
link   
One of the best explanations for 42 I ve ever heard:

ASCII 42 is the Asterisk * which is used in programming as a sort of "whatever you want it to be" symbol.

Thus the reason behind life, the universe and everything else is "whatever you want it to be".

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Idk if you can spill the secret of 42 man...Jesus spent 11 years in Gnosticism teaching them the secret to a rainbow bridge in the Pistis of Sophia.

Text
And Jesus said to his disciples: "I am come forth out of that First Mystery, which is the last mystery, that is the four-and-twentieth mystery." And his disciples have not known nor understood that anything existeth within that mystery; but they thought of that mystery, that it is the head of the universe and the head of all existence; and they thought it is the completion of all completions, because Jesus had said to them concerning that mystery, that it surroundeth the First Commandment and the five Impressions and the great Light |2. and the five Helpers and the whole Treasury of the Light.

He was apparently a super sayian as well. All flash with more substance. Or so the story goes.

TextBut the disciples sat together in fear and were in exceedingly great agitation and were afraid because of the great earthquake which took place, and they wept together, saying: "What will then be? Peradventure the Saviour will destroy all regions?" Thus saying, they wept together.
Jesus deseendeth again.While they then said this and wept together, then, on the ninth hour of the morrow, the heavens opened, and they saw Jesus descend, shining most exceedingly, and there was no measure for his light in which he was.

edit on 26-10-2018 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: svetlana84
One of the best explanations for 42 I ve ever heard:

ASCII 42 is the Asterisk * which is used in programming as a sort of "whatever you want it to be" symbol.

Thus the reason behind life, the universe and everything else is "whatever you want it to be".

Hahaha, you totally got it!

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Specimen
Idk if you can spill the secret of 42 man...Jesus spent 11 years in Gnosticism teaching them the secret to a rainbow bridge in the Pistis of Sophia.

Text
And Jesus said to his disciples: "I am come forth out of that First Mystery, which is the last mystery, that is the four-and-twentieth mystery." And his disciples have not known nor understood that anything existeth within that mystery; but they thought of that mystery, that it is the head of the universe and the head of all existence; and they thought it is the completion of all completions, because Jesus had said to them concerning that mystery, that it surroundeth the First Commandment and the five Impressions and the great Light |2. and the five Helpers and the whole Treasury of the Light.

He was apparently a super sayian as well. All flash with more substance. Or so the story goes.

TextBut the disciples sat together in fear and were in exceedingly great agitation and were afraid because of the great earthquake which took place, and they wept together, saying: "What will then be? Peradventure the Saviour will destroy all regions?" Thus saying, they wept together.
Jesus deseendeth again.While they then said this and wept together, then, on the ninth hour of the morrow, the heavens opened, and they saw Jesus descend, shining most exceedingly, and there was no measure for his light in which he was.

That is a really good reference!
Thank you for adding that piece to the puzzle, I really appreciate it!
Super cool!

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Well, I think that it's part of the process for the "mind to become unhinged" when confronting Spirit.

The goal is to continue seeking balance and to "rehinge" it, while keeping yourself safe during the process and making sure that you don't create too much havoc throughout.

With experience, good principles of wisdom, effort and determination, etc, it is very possible to remain mostly "sane" while dealing with all this "insane" stuff we come across in life.

One thing I try to remind myself often is "chill out, be patient, calm down". As a result I don't really get angry or flip anymore, and I don't really go on too many rants or anything. Patience is absolutely necessary to living a balanced life and keeping ideas/emotions in check.

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Ok gonna take my time and reorganize a little more, do another proofread, then I'll post up Part 2.

Gimme an hour or two.
Finally it's done.... lol

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: operation mindcrime

a reply to: Woodcarver

a reply to: FauxMulder

a reply to: BlueJacket

a reply to: Gothmog

a reply to: AtomicKangaroo

a reply to: FlukeSkywalker

a reply to: watchandwait410

a reply to: Madrusa

a reply to: TexasTruth

a reply to: micpsi

a reply to: Ophiuchus 13

a reply to: norhoc

a reply to: SpartanStoic

a reply to: SoulSurfer

a reply to: Peeple

a reply to: LtFluffyCakes96

a reply to: leolady

a reply to: lostbook

a reply to: Deetermined

a reply to: TzarChasm

a reply to: Thecakeisalie

a reply to: MrBuddy

a reply to: Istaywoke77

a reply to: openyourmind1262

a reply to: Nothin

a reply to: PhyllidaDavenport

a reply to: nostrashawnus

a reply to: hombero

a reply to: Alto88

a reply to: frayedknot

a reply to: micpsi

a reply to: flice

a reply to: Creep Thumper

a reply to: heffo7

a reply to: ShortFuzed

a reply to: Pinocchio

a reply to: interupt42

a reply to: Noinden

a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

a reply to: svetlana84

a reply to: Specimen

Here we go, it's a bit of a mess but I can't spend another 2 weeks trying to perfect it.
This will take a few hours to absorb and dig through:
The Secret of 42 Part π

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Creep Thumper

I want to thank you specifically for being the primary inspiration behind Part π

You totally set off the chain of events that led to it's creation!

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 12:44 PM
link   

So, you're saying everything is absolutely meaningful? There is no meaningless coincidences? Or, some things are meaningful and other things aren't? Is there meaning to the microbes around us and the way they configure? As a big neuroscience reader, its important to point out that humans are the "pattern finding creature". Not all patterns are real though - I'm pretty sure (acknowledging the fear that exists in me that "everything is meaningful"; there is still, nevertheless, a need to exercise skepticism and not allow yourself to become...schizophrenic-like in believing you see synchronicity wherever you look).

For instance, the fact that I pointed out the aleph is a very simple function of me knowing the difference between AHYH and YHVH, which isn't too great a distinction. Anyone with rudimentary knowledge of kabbalah would have noticed that as well.

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash

originally posted by: Specimen

Text

That is a really good reference!
Thank you for adding that piece to the puzzle, I really appreciate it!
Super cool!

Idk if you should thank me, I'm only on chapter 20 of the first book, and man is it metaphorical tongue twister or brain teaser. Saw fourth an twentieth being mentioned so many time, the number 42 just slapped me.

Unless he speaking about pot and 420, but Jesus wouldn't be perceived as perfect anymore, just like he wouldn't be considered a god for falling in love with a woman.

Will be looking at the second part.
edit on 26-10-2018 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Astrocyte

For instance, the fact that I pointed out the aleph is a very simple function of me knowing the difference between AHYH and YHVH, which isn't too great a distinction. Anyone with rudimentary knowledge of kabbalah would have noticed that as well.

In Exodus 3, YHVH is I AM. Immediately after telling Moses to say to the Israelites that “I AM has sent me to you,” God also tells him, “Say to the Israelites, The LORD [YHVH]… has sent me to you.” Many scholars believe that the Tetragrammaton is derived from the Hebrew word to be (היה) and, therefore, related to I AM, or I Will Be (אֶהְיֶה).

יהוה is not used by E in Genesis, but is given Exodus 3:12-15 as the name of the God who revealed Himself to Moses at Horeb, and is explained thus : אֶהְיֶה עִמָּ֑ךְ I shall be with thee (Exodus 3:12), which is then implied in אֶהְיֶה אֲשֶׁר אֶהְיֶה I shall be the one who will be it Exodus 3:14a (i.e: with thee Exodus 3:12) and then compressed into אֶהְיֶה Exodus 3:14b (i.e. with thee Exodus 3:12), which then is given in the nominal form יהוה He who will be it Exodus 3:15 (i.e. with thee Exodus 3:12). compare EwBTh ii. 337, 338 RSl.c., Proph. 385 ff. Other interpretations are: I am he who I am, i.e. it is no concern of yours (Le Clerc LagPsalt.Hieron.156); I am (this is my name), inasmuch as I am (אֲשֶׁר = כִּי; AE JDMich WeJD Th xxi, 540 = compare Hexateuch 72); Di and others I am who I am, he who is essentially unnameable, inexplicable, — E uses יהוה sparingly by the side of אלהים and האלהים in his subsequent narrative. The Ephraimitic writers in Judges Samuel Kings use it in similar proportions. P abstains from the use of יהוה until he gives an account of its revelation to Moses Exodus 6:3; but subsequently uses it freely. He gives no explanation of its meaning. He represents that אֵל שַׁדַּי was the God of the patriarchs. J uses יהוה from the beginning of his narrative, possibly explaining it, Genesis 21:83 by אל עולם, the evergreen tamarisk being a symbol of the ever-living God; compare De Genesis 21:33. Elsewhere יהוה is the common divine name in pre-exilic writers, but in post-exilic writers gradually falls into disuse, and is supplanted by אלהים and אדני. In Job it is used 31 t. in prose parts, and Job 12:9 (a proverb); not elsewhere in the poem. Chronicles apart from his sources prefers אלהים and האלהים. Daniel uses יהוה only in chap. 9 (7 t.); Ecclesiastes not at all. In the Elohistic group of Psalm 42-83 it is used 39 t. (see אלהים) . It occurs as the name of Israel's God MI18. It is doubtful whether it was used by other branches of the Shemitic family, compare COT Genesis 2:4b

Strong's Hebrew

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 01:30 PM
link   
More 42 fun...

19 + 23 = 42

In sequence of primes: 2, 3, 5, 7, 11, 13, 17, 19, 23, 29, 31, ...

Also encoded...

19 + 23 = 33 + 9 = 33 + (3 + 3 +3)

You have fed us a major burrito with Part 2! Just a point of notice, I have been running into the fine structure constant (and its reciprocal) a bit more often as of late. Weird, huh? I even have the Feynman quote up from QED (p. 129) about "the hand of God" in one my threads.

Can't wait to watch the Donald Duck cartoon!

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join