It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Secret of 42 Revealed

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 01:51 AM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

Well the insomnia lost this time and I didn't get any further in reading my book..

What did come to mind were two quotes from my favorite standup comedians Carlin and Hicks;

Hicks: “Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Heres Tom with the Weather.

Carlin: “I think we’re part of a greater wisdom that we will ever understand; a higher order, call it what you want. Know what I call it? The Big Electron. It doesn’t punish, it doesn’t reward, it doesn’t judge at all. It just is.

These quotes seem to relate to your previous threads....taking this along.

Peace

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: SoulSurfer

Yours and Deetermined's posts led me to this:

www.biblestudy.org...

Forty-two is a number with a direct connection to the coming Antichrist. His evil efforts will last 42 months in the end time, and thus forty-two is firmly associated with him. 1. Then the angel gave me a measuring rod like a staff, saying, "Arise and measure the temple of God, and the altar . . . and they shall trample upon the holy city for forty-two months" (Revelation 11:1 - 2) Revelation 13 states that the end time Beast power will be so powerful that NO ONE will be able to make war with him. He will speak great boastful things and be given the authority to do so for 42 months (Revelation 13:4 - 5). Forty-two is made up of 6 and 7, showing a link between mankind and God's spirit and a link between the Antichrist and Jesus Christ.

www.biblestudy.org...

The Number 44 and 444 The final part of Jesus' earthly ministry is 44 days long. This period began on the day he was crucified, which was Wednesday, April 5 in 30 A.D. (Nisan 14 in the year 3790 according to the Hebrew calendar used in the Bible). It ended on the day he gave his final instructions to his disciples and ascended to heaven from the Mount of Olives, which occurred on Thursday, May 18 (Iyar 27). According to the book "The Appointed Times of Jesus the Messiah" (page 213), there seems to exist an interesting relationship between the number 444 and Christ's ministry. Jesus' ministry began in the fall of 26 A.D. In his first recorded public address, he links his ministry and message to the start of the Jubilee year (Luke 4:16 - 21, see also Isaiah 61:1 - 2). This special period of liberty and freedom began every 50th year on the Day of Atonement (Leviticus 25). Christ's linkage suggests that his ministry, like the Jubilee, also started on this holy day. The Day of Atonement in 26 A.D. corresponds on the Hebrew calculated calendar (used to determine God's annual Feast Days) to Wednesday, Tishri 10 in the Hebrew (Jewish) year 3787. If Christ's ministry began on this day, it means it lasted 44 months (Hebrew years 3787 and 3789 had 13 months in them) and 4 days (444) until his crucifixion on Passover in 3790 (30 A.D.).

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 11:28 PM
link   

I got a special Umberto Eco quote for what I take to be human credulity:
“And bang, the cabalistic tradition begins: a heroic attempt of the dispersed, the outsiders to show up the masters, the ones in power, by claiming to know all.” “But, doing that, they give the Christians the impression that they really do know.” – Umberto Eco, Foucaults Pendulum, pg. 526-527, Harcourt, 1988

I like this quote - and this book - because it seems like Eco and myself, both reasonable human beings trying to make sense of kabbalah and science, converged on the same solution: it was the psychospiritual cultural dynamics of the ancient near east which created this narrative: the narrative of the haves - a dualistic Gnosticism; and the narrative of the have-nots: a punitive monotheism.

This is simply thermodynamics, symmetry dynamics, and the physics of sync, operating 'in the background' while we feel and interpret the world according to well-worn narratives. We naively believe ourselves to be beyond the patterns of the universe around us.

So what do I mean when I claim that the 42 name of God isn't as you claim it is? Is reality as the kabbalists taunt us - made according to the Torah, in the Hebrew language, its 22 letters and 10 sefiroth - through 32 paths of wisdom?

The human brain-mind evidently undergoes a quasi phase-transition whenever we reflect upon ourselves in our being-in-the-world. It is a "moment of the universe knowing itself". I suspect that whenever we make this transition into such thinking, we unwittingly carry with us the untersubjective rhythms, values and patterns of relation, and through this, come to project our 'unconscious self-structure' on the world we observe.

So yes - I'll admit that kabbalah and Hebrew is interesting; but I am not about to throw my critical mind away and just believe it is "the Truth" rather than an emergent property of a particular cultural situation. I cannot infer more than this - I cannot assume that "this had to be". My sense is that like all languages, Hebrew expresses the brain-mind of a particular milieu across the various psycho-emotional ontologies that exist i.e. "play", "care", or "awe". When it gets into 'awe' - which is the area of mysticism and magic, there is a serious absence of skepticism - an assumption that the universe and the individual can be 'perfectly aligned', as if the individual is not continuously modifying himself whenever he interacts with another person, as the 'wave' effect of two bodies is greater than one - that is, a person thinking in solitude is always a strange idealization. We were not born independent, so why do we crave to be free from others when our roots are entirely dyadic?

So, in my mind, kabbalistic religious Jews are maniacs, and so are the people who believe their mania i.e. occultists. People like this are far too naive about the nature and contextuality of our embodiment.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 12:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Alto88

....I.m... in awe.. and slightly shocked. (Mostly on how... the spirit leads me to these things to clear my doubts. I mean I knew the information but to see it confirmed through a common denominator, is something I didn't expect. But at the same time this frightens me to no end.

However, muzzle is correct, the answer to everything is 42 (Even though the master number is 44. And I will explain why. I remember someone once said that to understand the future, we must understand the past. In this case would be the apple and the serpent. 42 would be the apple/serpent. It does answer every question because we have understanding as to why we are here. Unfortunately that isn't good news.

42 means much more than just ISIS -Helel-lilith-Dirty Diana-Lady Iris-LightBearer. It is also related to the fall.

And here is what that fall is by Jonathan Kleck.

This Video explains 42. And trust me ... this is a whole other rabbithole that ultimately connects with the one the OP ventured into. The two can be said to be one and the same. So if we know what 42 is, lets find out the mystery:

Thank you so much for confirming this.

This rabbithole just weirder.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Hey Muzzleflash,

I have been having a blast going through the Optica and I have to re-read almost every page a couple of 100 times in order to get what Newton was saying and I am not there by a long shot but I have to ask...

Is this going to end in the conclusion that the speed of light isn't constant at all?

Currently I am trying to comprehend base calculation (or whatever it's called). I know my binairy and decimal and I even know hexadecimal (yeah oldtimer) but I'm still chewing on other base calculations..

This is going to take forever but untill you reveal what the significance of 42 is, I'll keep looking...lol

Peace
edit on 2018pAmerica/ChicagoFri, 07 Sep 2018 06:57:47 -0500am305720189 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Awesome thread, Muzzleflash! Reading this made my day!

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 03:22 PM
link   
The real, cosmic significance of the number 42:
there are 42 Sephirothic emanations up to, but not including, Chesed, the first of the seven Sephiroth of Construction, of the seventh overlapping Tree of Life representing this Sephirah. What this is telling us is that, given a starting point, you need 42 degrees of freedom to express a holistic system. Three remarkable examples of this:
1. the 7 types of 8-note musical diatonic scales have (7x6=42) notes between the tonic and octave.
2. the five Platonic solids have 42 vertices when they are nested one inside another so that they share two vertices as the endpoints of their shared axis (in the case of the tetrahedron, this is one edge).
3. There are 42 triangles surrounding the central triangle of the Sri Yantra, a yantra revered by Hindus as a geometrical representation of Divine Creation.
Both the 7 diatonic scales and the 5 regular polyhedra can be shown to be mathematically complete systems in the sense that no fewer, and no more, diatonic scales or Platonic solids can exist. It turns out that holistic systems are always parameterised by the number 42, i.e., it quantifes their properties, although it is only one of several parameters, some of which have been discovered scientifically, without, of course, any realisation by their discoverers of their profound significance.
edit on 7-9-2018 by micpsi because: Typo corrected.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I've been off in a really happy place, just read the last page of posts. I'll respond to youguys when I wake up later sometime tonight.

I am super tired.
Just lettin yall know I'm still here.
Was just kinda busy the last 36 hours.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 11:07 AM
link   

No rush...the universe isn't going anywhere.

Peace

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 03:21 PM
link   
i watched a cartoon recently called the amazing world of gumball. its a very cute and meta show that makes fun of itself and real world problems on both the adolescent and adult scale. this particular episode was about a painting that seemed to predict a bad outcome. all the characters engaged in shenanigans intended to prevent this outcome but their efforts only made sure the whole thing went down exactly as the painting showed them. this was all fun and cool to watch, until one of the characters said "would any of this have happened at all if we had not seen the painting?"

moral of the story, the number 42 is proof that humans are very gullible and will see jesus on a piece of toast if it fits their preconceived notions. it has nothing to do with the information provided, everything to do with how we process that information to serve our purposes on both the conscious and subconscious level. what makes you any more sane than a patient in the asylum? the assumption that you are sane. try not to let it bug you.

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 12:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Alto88

In a way you could say that living under the number 42 would be divine and peaceful, but having the knowledgr of doing so is creating peace and balance would make us bad. Simply because we are not able to "hold" such a gift with reason and balanced consideration.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Okay Muzzle, I'll be honest with you...I didn't get a whole lot done concerning the subject of your thread since it was weekend. A couple of years ago I started with "WiFi-free weekends" to get the kids away from their tablets, phones and game consoles but this time I was the one most affected by this rule...lol

I have taken up my book this morning and I like to believe that I kind of get where you are trying to go with this thread.....well that or I am missing the point completely and this is all way over my head but I really need some more clues from you....

Peace
edit on 2018pAmerica/ChicagoMon, 10 Sep 2018 06:45:51 -0500am304520189 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 01:01 PM
link   

I think, more interesting than "42", is that the Great Pyramid incorporates Exodus 3:14, Pi (3.14), into its structure.

To me that indicates the GP represents the name of God, among other things. For instance, I also think it represents fire, based on its shape and its name, pyr-amid.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 10:16 PM
link   

This post struck me about the weighing of the soul.

I remember reading somewhere that at the moment of death a person loses 21 grams. 21 grams each side of the scales = 42. I think Naomi Watts starred in a movie about it.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 11:19 PM
link   

OHG – muzzleflash, you are such a wizard. how do you do this i wonder, honestly, i have to share this

three 42-events in one day !!!

i went to donate blood, that’s how it started. sitting in that tiny waiting ally of the blood bank bus with a noticeboard kind of just in front of my nose. anybody would have noticed that big red number 42 on one of the posters with a vulnerable cute young boy next to the number. my attention captivated, i had to lean forward to read the finer print.

well, “donated blood only lasts 42 days”

the storage life of donated blood lasts 42 days, the red blood cells anyway, the nurse explained to me. and i thought there must be something quite sacred in that.

after donating blood i ate a bit of a snack there in the bus, cheese and crackers and lots to drink. then i went to do some shopping.

at the fridge section, i was drawn to the selections of cheese, that little bit of cheese earlier had just sparked my appetite. i never buy that swiss cheese with the holes, because i just don’t like that flavour.

but just for fun i started to investigate a cut block of said cheese with the holes. because it is said that each body of that particular swiss cheese with the holes has 42 holes in them. you knew that, I’m sure.

so i counted the holes of the block in my hand. six visible holes. i just couldn’t believe it. so the number 42, the answer for everything, divided by the six holes, the number of humans as i remembered, is of course seven. 7 !! seven, a favourite number of mine because it is just another magic number with meaning after meaning. god liked to do things in seven.

and there i was holding such a profound revelation in my hand in such a profane place like a supermarket. i was just amazed, you can imagine. and!! the cheese would have cost seven dollars ($6.99 anyway). hahaha. that was fun, i thought. the secret of life even within every loaf of swiss cheese.

and that was not all. back home i settled to rest and look through some youtubes in regards to this remarkable number 42.

then my third OMG moment happened. three, an other relevant number. all good things come in threes, isn’t it? so this would have to be the conclusive sign to me from god.

it was a moment of total magic. i found my ultimate guru.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 01:40 PM
link   

"What time is soon anyways?"

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 09:04 PM
link   
42 Is The Week Upon Which "Halloween" Falls...

That Is When The Tormentors Come To Claim Their Prize. And Lo... God Help Us If We Do Not Give It To Them.

Trick Or Treat...

42... You Still Have Time... You Are Warned!

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 01:04 AM
link   
it is 24 it is 42

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 01:13 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 01:42 AM
link   

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join