It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Transgender football star threatens to SUE Australian rules football league

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: MikeA

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: shawmanfromny

It is unfair to allow for society to accept someone as their identified gender yet not let them participate in events specific for that gender.

If she identifies as a woman then she should be allowed to participate in woman-specific events and activities.

Anything else is discriminatory.

So then if I understand correctly you feel that if say Arnold felt he was a woman that he be allowed to compete in woman's weight lifting competition?

Yes.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

I didn't see (I don't think) that thread but I won't accept the idea that you're attacking the trans person who was male going into female sports. I just think it's an unfair advantage. Start a different league or promotion or whatever for that sort of thing I just don't understand how it is okay...in fact I feel bad for the women and the few videos I have seen where women are pummeled by a man to woman trans. It shouldn't be allowed based on fairness at the least.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Dwoodward85

The Cross Over division

Or call it "Transmission" or "SwitchErRoo"

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 11:19 AM
link   

If she identifies as a woman then she should be allowed to participate in woman-specific events and activities.

So then if I understand correctly you feel that if say Arnold felt he was a woman that he be allowed to compete in woman's weight lifting competition?

Yes.

makes no sense.

edit on 1-9-2018 by TinySickTears because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-9-2018 by TinySickTears because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 11:21 AM
link   

It is unfair to allow for society to accept someone as their identified gender yet not let them participate in events specific for that gender.

Yes.

So then we should just do away with women in sports all together. I don't care how much a woman works out or trains, and even though I am all for equality of the sexes, men and women are built different. It's as simple as that

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 11:23 AM
link   
If we as a society are expected to pretend a man can be a woman because he feels like one then we as a society must accept that those men can play women's sports.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
If we as a society are expected to pretend a man can be a woman because he feels like one then we as a society must accept that those men can play women's sports.

cool.

why not go full co ed now?

anyone wanna see Khabib vs Rose?

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 11:27 AM
link   
There was a time when being on a team was due to some set of skills or qualifications.

So that is no longer true? Show up and you get a spot?

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Yes.

So then we should just do away with women in sports all together. I don't care how much a woman works out or trains, and even though I am all for equality of the sexes, men and women are built different. It's as simple as that

Women fought for equal access to sports. Women should be outraged.

A transgender female is a male with gender dysphoria not a female. A transgender male is a female with gender dysphoria not a male.

If a man wants to complete in sports he should do so against other men, reguardless of his feelings. If a woman wants to compete in sports she should do so against other women, regardless of her feelings.

If a transgender takes any medication that could be considered performance enhancing they should be banned from competitive sports like any one else would be.

This should be common sense.

If people don't like these rules than we might as well end any gender requirements in sports. Which will result in women no longer competing in 99% of competitive sports, losing the equal opportunities they fought for.

edit on 1-9-2018 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Yes.

I think we should eliminate gender-based categories.

If we're all equal then what's the problem?

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

cool.

I don't feel that way myself.
I believe men and women are built differently and just because they don't feel like they were born the right gender that doesn't give them the ability to choose sides.

But as I said above, society today says that men and women are the same.
Well if that is the standard then they must accept all things being equal and not just cherry pick the spots.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 11:35 AM
link   

That sounds all fine and good until it's your daughter getting the crap beat out of her by some man.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Should we have a male and female category for the Nobel in Mathematics?

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 11:41 AM
link   

That sounds all fine and good until it's your daughter getting the crap beat out of her by some man.

If you will read my post above yours you will see that I don't feel that way.
I was only pointing out that if we must accept gender choices then we must accept all the other issues that come with it.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny. The guy needs his mental health sorted out before he can play football for any team I think. My 11 year old son laughs his ass off at this bloke, so do most normal people.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 12:08 PM
link   
It really depends on the individual. There are trans females who were born small to begin with, and have been taking estrogen so long that their muscle mass is so much less than the typical male. There are trans males who were born muscular and strong to begin with, and who have been taking testosterone since they were 16, so that their muscle mass is much more than the typical female.

When it comes to using a restroom, a person who has just begun taking hormones should be able to go where they identify (even if they don’t yet “pass” easily as their identified gender) as long as they aren’t hurting anyone. Competitive sports is a different matter.

It was dumb to make the trans male wrestler compete against women just because he was born female. He clearly had an unfair advantage, and should have been competing against males.

It’s dumb to allow the trans female in the OP to compete with women. He clearly has an unfair advantage.

Case by case basis. When did the transition start (pre or post puberty), how long has the transition been going on (just started last week, or for several years), and what is the general body like at the time of competition (bone density/muscle mass, etc.)

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 12:15 PM
link   

cool.

I don't feel that way myself.
I believe men and women are built differently and just because they don't feel like they were born the right gender that doesn't give them the ability to choose sides.

But as I said above, society today says that men and women are the same.
Well if that is the standard then they must accept all things being equal and not just cherry pick the spots.

i see what youre saying.

the issue is confusing. the fact is none of us know for sure.
doctors cant even agree on how to classify it yet we read a few articles and think we have it figured??

this is all just our opinion.
best we can do

i have a hard time when i try to apply the issue to sports. especially combat sports.

i believe a person can be born a man but really identify as a female. really be a female. i believe it.
the other truth though is a person born a male but actually a female still has a larger frame. more/larger muscle mass.

a 6 foot 3 200 lb male who transitions is going to be a 6 foot 3 200 lb female.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

She's a she. And yes I know she's dead.

She was a she with a massive amount of testosterone pumped into her body for years. Does there come a point that due to a person's desires and actions they are not eligible for sports?

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 12:30 PM
link   

i believe a person can be born a man but really identify as a female. really be a female. i believe it.
the other truth though is a person born a male but actually a female still has a larger frame. more/larger muscle mass.

a 6 foot 3 200 lb male who transitions is going to be a 6 foot 3 200 lb female.

In this case 6'3" 220 lb...I'm 6'5" and I don't think I have seen a woman that big in person...lol. We limit many things in sports why not this?

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

A girl who transitions in high school is not going to look like that chick in the OP. She's going to be proportioned just like any other girl.

A lot of assumption in that. Let's make it all fair by doing away with gender leagues and go with chromo leagues.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join