It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Transgender football star threatens to SUE Australian rules football league

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

Then neither men nor women can compete, because they all have performance enhancing testosterone and estrogen naturally. All the hormones do is help make the transgender person normal with respect to the gender they identify as.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

malarchy, then why cant Lyle Alzado, why cant any organized sport except the trangenders, thats a crock and you know it.. also do you perhaps know what happened to Lyle Alzado?

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 05:08 PM
link   

no offense, but you also are obviously not an athlete nor ever have been, or you wouldnt of made such a ludicrous statement

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 05:10 PM
link   

utter rubbish your ignorance of physiology is maddening

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket

malarchy, then why cant Lyle Alzado, why cant any organized sport except the trangenders, thats a crock and you know it.. also do you perhaps know what happened to Lyle Alzado?

Was Lyle Alzado born a female who had to take testosterone due to gender dysphoria?

It seems to me that Alzado was born a man and already had quite a bit of testosterone in his system. Steroids makes it overkill. A trans male who was born a female takes enough testosterone to build that hormone to a normal level for a male. A trans female who was born a male takes testosterone blocker to remove testosterone from the body, along with estrogen to build that hormone to a normal level for a female.

I don’t think you understand how this works.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 05:26 PM
link   

No, it's clear that you don't and have never been a part of any really competitive sport at any level where actual physicality mattered.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Estrogen therapy is not a performance enhancer for a trans female and testosterone is not a performance enhancer for a trans male - not when they are used to make the hormone levels normal for those genders. That is what I was responding to with this poster.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 07:34 PM
link   
If there is intelligent life out there it is crap like this that keeps them from contacting us. Im all for chromosome leagues then watch the sports popularity start to wane.
edit on 1-9-2018 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 07:42 PM
link   
This is a tough one, I'm all for trans whatever but if I decided I wanted to be a woman and then crushed other women in competitions then there would be zero sense of accomplishment. There would be no reason to take pride in it thus it becomes worthless.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 09:30 PM
link   
That dude is twice the size of the other woman.
I see someone here using it as opportunity to make contact with woman.

Australian rules football is a rougher game than US football as no body armour is worn. A young woman this week playing in am all female team suffered am injury on field and died.

edit on 1-9-2018 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 02:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: ketsuko

Estrogen therapy is not a performance enhancer for a trans female and testosterone is not a performance enhancer for a trans male - not when they are used to make the hormone levels normal for those genders. That is what I was responding to with this poster.

just as steroids and other things used to treat differant illnesses are not performance enhancers for those who medically need them to live. and yet because those steroids are performance enhances for others, people taking such things have always been banned from compitition and sport.

in fact it is only since the pushing of allowing people pretending to be the other sex to compete, that there has been a push to allow them to participate even when they take banned substances. yet i have never seen anything saying that now anyone who takes any type of performance enhancing drug or steroid for a medical condition is allowed to compete. so why is it that only one group of people are allwoed to do so? in fact this is all about bias and special privaleges given to a few over others, because of the choices they make. guess we need a new word to cover this, TRANSSEXISIM sounds like it might be appropriate. meaning putting the rights of trans people over the rights of natural males and females.

let me ask a question. should we allow someone who was blind, but has mechanical eyes, which may be an enhancement over natural eyes. to compete in such things as archery or shooting? things in which enhanced eyesight can give them a definite edge. or for someone who has bionic limbs to compete against people without bionic limbs? especially say bionic legs, and track events. or bionic arms in things like wrestling, discus and javelin throwing etc.

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 02:52 AM
link   
a reply to: generik

I’m going to try and explain this again:

A trans female is a person born a male. A person born a male has testosterone naturally. A trans female takes testosterone blocker to block testosterone in their body. This means they have about the same testosterone in their body as a person born female. It doesn’t mean they now have more testosterone. They have much less testosterone. How is this performance enhancing when they have the same testosterone level as any other female?

A trans male is a person born a female. A person born a female has estrogen naturally. A trans male takes enough testosterone to make their levels comparable to a male. This means they have the same testosterone as the average male. How is this performance enhancing when they have the same testosterone level as any other male?

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 05:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: intrepid

She's a she. And yes I know she's dead.

She was a she with a massive amount of testosterone pumped into her body for years. Does there come a point that due to a person's desires and actions they are not eligible for sports?

There's more than testosterone going on in most cases there.
Roids, not just for men anymore. So yes, depending on the sport, they become ineligible.

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 06:45 AM
link   
If you want women sports to last, you can't allow trans females to play, it's that simple. Just think what this would do to Women's Football (Soccer). A team with a few trans females on it, they dominate the FIFA Women's World Cup. They shut out every team they faced in the playoffs. I bet that would cause young 100% females to give up playing Football (Soccer).

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

I say let it play. Let them get physically hurt by their liberalism.

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 04:09 PM
link   

I always thought liberals were supposed to be the people of science? I don't care what hormone therapy one does or what sex change one has they are biologically the sex/gender they were when they were born. I know of no dna replacement therapy yet. And don't run that crap line on me that gender and sex are two different things, they are not. This is science. Let me put it this way, if Caitlyn Jenner murdered someone and left DNA behind and that was all the police had to go off of they would be looking for a Caucasian male. There are absolutes in this world even though you liberals want everything to be relativistic.

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: norhoc

No one is arguing about DNA. You don't want to hear this, but the brain contains our consciousness, which includes how we identify ourselves. Part of that identity is what gender we are.

Science is still working out why, but for some reason, there are times when the brain's consciousness develops down a different path from the rest of the body. This causes gender dysphoria.

A trans person is very much aware that their body doesn't match what their brain is telling them. This is what causes the dysphoria - feelings of depression and anxiety. There is no drug and no therapy that will resolve this suffering on it's own. The only treatment that has consistently helped is to change the body as much as is needed to lessen the dysphoria.

So, yes the DNA cannot be changed. Maybe someday, medical advancements will allow this. Until then, we work with what we have. With long enough hormone treatment, we can change muscle mass and bone density. This is science, and is enough for competition sports.

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 07:08 PM
link   

It is a mental disorder that should be treated then. Case Closed

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: norhoc

How should it be treated, Dr. norhoc? How many patients have you treated with gender dysphoria, and what is your track record of success?

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 06:38 AM
link   
a reply to: norhoc

The treatment for gender dysphoria (the distress a person experiences as a result of the sex and gender they were assigned at birth) is typically a combination of therapy, lifestyle changes, and/or biological treatments. In other words, transitioning is the treatment. Go ask a transperson if their gender dysphoria got worse after transitioning or if they regret it.

Case Closed

Yes, indeed!

You keep lecturing people about science and liberals, but it's pretty clear that you know nothing about the science. If you don't like the current treatment, then go figure out something better.

The problem is that hormones don't change bone structure. A transwoman would have an advantage due to bone structure. Things like musculature do not change overnight either.

That's why I don't see an easy way out of this problem. In sports, transwomen have an advantage over biological women, but a disadvantage compared to men. And transmen have a disadvantage compared to men, but an advantage compared to women. They do not fit as long as sports are divided into men and women. There aren't enough trans people to make a new class either, which would have other problems.

The only way out that I can see, is simply divide sports up into performance segments, rather than by sex. But we all know that in most sports, women will not be the highest performing, so they will feel shafted.
edit on 3/9/18 by C0bzz because: (no reason given)

edit on 3/9/18 by C0bzz because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join