It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

**Breaking news**Mass Shooting at Madden Tournament

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
a reply to: Whatthedoctorordered

You don't need to buy it, it is already sold and in writing . Your acceptance of it's reality is of no consequence.

I think it more likely that society assumes that if you feed a kid a pill, you've "fixed" him, and parents are delegating their parenting responsibilities to medicines instead of actually raising their children.

Things like ADD?ADHD aren't new. Research shows that they're actually hereditary meaning they've always been there. So what's changed is our approach to raising children, not the children we raise or the issues they have.

If kids with things like ADD/ADHD weren't popping off and acting out in dramatically violent fashion in the past, it must be because we were raising them differently. So what has changed about our child-rearing practices in society?

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Thats not what he saying, his response is to me telling him i dont believe the government is controlling these kids to kill people.

Thats his theory

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Whatthedoctorordered

Thats not what he saying, his response is to me telling him i dont believe the government is controlling these kids to kill people.

Thats his theory

No.

I know that's his theory.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 07:48 PM
link   

So he traveled WITH a firearm, all the way from Maryland to Florida.

Now if he had a CCW I can see why he would do this, if NOT than this guy planned on killing people

Or to kill only if he lost...

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Ugh, one of his victims went by the gamer tag Trueboy and he originally wasn’t planning on attending. His name was Eli Clayton and he was 21.

Trueboy / Heavy

“Clayton hasn’t tweeted anything since the shooting and fans are concerned. Some fans said that he was on the Twitch live stream and appeared to have a red laser scope on him right before the shooting happened and the feed cut away from the picture-in-picture. However, authorities have not confirmed if this information is accurate.”

The Miami Herald has details of 2 confirmed deceased victims-

Miami Herald

“▪ Taylor Robertson, 27, of Ballard, West Virginia. The gaming community, as well as close friends, posted about the slain husband and father.
▪ Eli Clayton, 22, of Woodland Hills, California”

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes
a reply to: Black_Fox

Wtf man. Why?

WARNING, DISTURBING.
Right before the video cuts out, look at the black dudes left chest, IS THAT A F# LASER???

The guy in the OP video mentions that. It certainly looks like it.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavil
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

Wow. You see the laser zone in on him then the shots fired.

Why?

I don't know bro. No video game justifies shooting your victor.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Katz, a competitive gamer who goes by the nickname Bread, won the Madden NFL 17 Bills Championship tournament. He was registered to play in this weekend's Jacksonville event.
"Man, David Katz keeps to himself. He's a man of business. Here's not here for the experience. ... He's not here to make friends. He's all business, he's focused. To even get him to open up to you to talk about anything is like pulling teeth."

Link

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 08:07 PM
link   

University developments are not exclusive to government agencies nor have I insisted the government is solely responsible.

If you do not want to read what is presented you can just ignore it and respond to someone else

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: raedar
Ugh, one of his victims went by the gamer tag Trueboy and he originally wasn’t planning on attending. His name was Eli Clayton and he was 21.

Trueboy / Heavy

“Clayton hasn’t tweeted anything since the shooting and fans are concerned. Some fans said that he was on the Twitch live stream and appeared to have a red laser scope on him right before the shooting happened and the feed cut away from the picture-in-picture. However, authorities have not confirmed if this information is accurate.”

The Miami Herald has details of 2 confirmed deceased victims-

Miami Herald

“▪ Taylor Robertson, 27, of Ballard, West Virginia. The gaming community, as well as close friends, posted about the slain husband and father.
▪ Eli Clayton, 22, of Woodland Hills, California”

That is so sad. My heart goes out to the families and the fans. Seeing that laser on Trueboy's chest is simply heartbreaking.

I pray they've gone to a better place.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Great post, Kets...

"Too many parents think that medication fixes the problem.."

That's a true statement.

A friend of mine was the "band mom" last week for her son's high school marching band day-long camp (all week). Her job was to give kids their medications, for those who take meds during the day. She said she was absolutely shocked at not only the number of teens on medications, but also the number of kids on MULTIPLE medications. She said four, five meds per some of these kids. She saw everything from Zoloft to Clonopin to industrial strength antibiotics.

Now I dont wNt to get into a "SSRI's make people go crazy and shoot everyone" debate because I know that is not true. Medications like Zoloft aren't mood stabilizers....they help with serotonin regulation in the brain.

What I DO think is a problem is this "a pill will fix it" business. If adults want to go this route ok, but kids? How much do we want to bet these kids are glued to their technology, get little exercise, have absent parents (physically or emotionally), and have no faith tradition or community?

I also wonder about demographics. This is a wealthy suburb of DC up here, where I know parents have the money for great insurance plans and/or work for government contractors in high positions that provide it. Do kids/teens with less affluent parents take as much medication as their wealthier counterparts?

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: RalagaNarHallas
a reply to: Bhadhidar

they dont do bag checks at these events ,and it was at a restaraunt in a mostly open air mall . the sure as hell are gonna start doing bag checks after this though

www.esportsarenavegas.com... not the venue in question but they dont list bag checks at the vegas venue

www.cnet.com...

While Evo does not comment on security procedures (for obvious reasons), it's very clear that we need to be more proactive for 2019 and beyond. The amount of undercover law enforcement at Evo was unprecedented, and we will be installing metal detectors for ALL days next year.
so they will be doing them in the future

www.dexerto.com...

Esports pros and fans have called for security at events to be improved after a mass shooting took place at a Madden tournament in Jacksonville, Florida. Multiple fatalities have been confirmed following the incident at the GLHF Game Bar in the Jacksonville Landing on Sunday afternoon, leading players such as Call of Duty pro Seth 'Scump' Abner, Smash player Dark NAKAT, and CS:GO pro Markus Kjærbye to ask for increased security at future tournaments.

news3lv.com... seems there were threats about a las vegas event a while ago so may explain why the fbi showed up so fast

I'm not hopeful about the security/bag check thing. Imagine our society with metal detectors at the entrance to every damn place.

And I don't even think that will stop it. Not even curtail it. Some of these recent mass events have so many weird and suspect conditions to them that it makes me think somehow the shooter would have gotten in somehow anyway. Maybe not this one- this one doesn't seem conspiracy-y (yet). But think about Parkland. How many times were various law enforcement agencies tipped off? And Vegas, all the weirdness with that one.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 08:35 PM
link   

a reply to: raedar

The 24-year-old Katz, a Maryland resident

Now if he had a CCW I can see why he would do this, if NOT than this guy planned on killing people

Idk. I've taken my firearm when traveling to some areas I'm unsure of or had heard can be shady, when I otherwise wouldn't.

But, the fact that this guy DID shoot up the place, I'd have to somewhat agree with you.
edit on 26-8-2018 by Chickensalad because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chickensalad

a reply to: raedar

The 24-year-old Katz, a Maryland resident

I'm. I've taken my firearm when traveling to some ares I'm unsure of or had heard can be shady, when I otherwise wouldn't.

But, the fact that this guy DID shoot up the place, I'd have to somewhat agree with you.

Indeed some areas youre unsure of, but this guy crossed state lines IF he had a CCW that do not reciprocate , especially florida , where he could face heavy penalties.

IMHO the only reason to do this , was if he planned to use his weapon.

I have a CCW as well and travel with it, but if im going across state lines I make sure to know the laws in that state if Im stopped, if the penalties are heavy, I simply dont carry it, its not worth the hassle, fines, or potential jail time.

My gut feeling is that we will find out this was planed one way or another, either through online posts, or comments or something.

But again i could be totally wrong

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

I know I have a nephew who has ADD/ADHD, and while I love my sister, she and her husband do not regulate him like they should. They fed him the medication and that was it.

Ours has some learning issues, and it turns out he has a mild to moderate degree of ADD/ADHD in the bargain, but we regulate his diet, make sure he gets exercise. We moderate his screen time, and we're working those executive functions like you're supposed to. He could go on medication, but we'd prefer he never have to go there. We like the idea of it being the last resort nuclear option that we would never have to touch but always know is there. And his psychologist says there is no reason for him to need medication if he's not failing all over the place in school.

So far, our approach is working.

But how many parents take the time to do all that? My sister and her husband don't, but in all fairness, with three boys and a super stretched budget, they can't always either.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 09:11 PM
link   

eh i travel with a firearm but only after religiously quadruple checking the local laws before doing so and dont do it because i plan on killing any one just prefer having one around then not. last time i went to ca(from Montana) i brought a revolver and a bolt action rifle but did so because i was gonna go shooting with an old hs buddy who now runs his own shooting range

he may have very well had this plan but i dobut we will find out unless he left a manifesto laying around ,but not every one that travels with a firearm plans on shooting some one and most gun owners hope to go their whole lives never needing to use one in self defense let alone murder

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Sounds like your kiddo is lucky to have such great parents! 😊.

I do know how difficult it is to parent, let alone parent a child with issues that need dedicated attention and consistent perseverance....I can understand how it's possible for some parents to convince themselves that the pill is enough. It's hard.

And I am definitely not anti-medication. It can be an absolute blessing. It just seems that today most parents don't do the things you and yours do- to address the situation in all areas. If more parents did what you guys do, I'm positive we wouldn't have as many kids on as many pills. Some will still benefit from meds but need the other stuff too.

Your post about these issues always having been here is SPOT ON. We've always had kids with issues of ADD and related conditions, but it's only recently (couple of decades) that we have these shooting travesties. CLEARLY, something has changed in parenting and/or society that these things now happen at all, much less more.

Another member made a comment along similar lines. Guns have always been around in this country! We didn't used to have this issue.

I don't understand how some folks can't see that it's got to do with mental health issues, not "guns are easy to get."
edit on 26-8-2018 by KansasGirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 09:29 PM
link   

yeah i get ya on that and it wont stop some one from keeping the gun outside the metal detectors and shooting their way in if they really wanna murder some one

www.nbcnews.com... i mean this guy walked into a police station firing so if some one will do that metal detectors wont stop a truely determined attacker or some one who does not care if they walk out or not

www.nytimes.com... this guy took a gun off an armed bailiff and shot a judge and then escaped custody for a bit ,and court houses have metal detectors but wont stop guns in the building already

www.cbs46.com... or if they have them but forget to turn them on

most restaraunts and venues have windows at some point unless its a strip club so if they get in the door or fire through windows like at the start of the bataclan attack or pulse night club which had an off duty cop working security and still didnt stop suicidal attackers . if humans want to hurt other humans they sadly find a way

the paris Bastille opera now closes huge metal security doors every time a performance starts but that then increases the risk of what to do if there is a fire so even increased security has trade offs in their case increased protection from armed people charging in but more risk of badness if a fire breaks out and you can bring a lighter most places

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 09:55 PM
link   

That is the point.

What did we used to do with our kids? As these things are hereditary, I likely have a degree of this myself. I recall driving my mother to distraction with my activity level, but I also used to be hyperfocused on books too.

We used to run the neighborhood, the pack of us kids, from morning until almost dusk. That got a lot of energy out. I know a lot of posters remake on how they used to be treated the same. Kids can't do that nowadays like they used to unless you live in a smaller town.

I did constant activities by my own choosing, and my parents always found ways to keep me engaged with them. That hasn't changed as much although a lot of parents let Xbox babysit or any screen really instead of moving to get the kids out and about.

Demanding good behavior and discipline and being willing to remove kids who won't comply. How many times do you hear about restaurants talking about banning kids outright these days so diners can have an enjoyable eating experience?

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Unfortunately gaming communities can be very toxic and can create 'enemies' out of people you don't even know personally, latest report I saw was he had just lost a match, left the venue and returned shortly opening fire as he re=entered.

..it was mentioned he may have already held a grudge on a few players prior to this event and sought revenge after he lost. He was described as being "nerdy" so that means he was probably picked on a lot in the Madden community.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join