It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

**Breaking news**Mass Shooting at Madden Tournament

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: w00dhAK

I heard he was the previous years' champion too, so he also had a target on his back, and if he behaved obnoxiously, then that target would have gotten even bigger.

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 01:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
a reply to: Whatthedoctorordered

You don't need to buy it, it is already sold and in writing . Your acceptance of it's reality is of no consequence.

I think it more likely that society assumes that if you feed a kid a pill, you've "fixed" him, and parents are delegating their parenting responsibilities to medicines instead of actually raising their children.

Things like ADD?ADHD aren't new. Research shows that they're actually hereditary meaning they've always been there. So what's changed is our approach to raising children, not the children we raise or the issues they have.

If kids with things like ADD/ADHD weren't popping off and acting out in dramatically violent fashion in the past, it must be because we were raising them differently. So what has changed about our child-rearing practices in society?

Parents took time to teach their children important life lessons
Nowadays , day care ,teachers , games , etc. And pills if they seem not to be learning those lessons.
Not enough parental guided upbringing . Parents dont want to take that precious time up with needless stuff
Someone else can do it.

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 07:41 AM
link   
A career as a video game player was too much to handle. Life is tough.

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Here it is ...

Shooter had divorced parents who had an adversarial relationship on parenting, had been in mental illness treatment several times, was addicted to video games, sounds like his mother who had custody had no control, etc.

Recipe for disaster. It's all there.

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

This pisses me off:

In recent weeks, Katz legally purchased the two handguns he carried from a gun store in Baltimore, the sheriff said.

Read more here: www.kansas.com...=

This isn’t the first time a mentally ill person has legally bought guns and used them to kill others. THIS has to stop.

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Pill bottles again bring more death than guns. Our small town has an OD or suicide at least once a month. Murders every 20 years.

It's the pills people!!!

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Here it is ...

Shooter had divorced parents who had an adversarial relationship on parenting, had been in mental illness treatment several times, was addicted to video games, sounds like his mother who had custody had no control, etc.

Recipe for disaster. It's all there.

Custody? Isn't (wasn't) he 24 years old? That's what I read yesterday, so maybe it was incorrect and it's been corrected by now (since news outlets DONT CONFIRM FACTS ANYMORE), but if he's 24 and a parent has to have custody of him, this is DEF not someone who should have been able to buy a gun.

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: ketsuko

This pisses me off:

In recent weeks, Katz legally purchased the two handguns he carried from a gun store in Baltimore, the sheriff said.

Read more here: www.kansas.com...=

This isn’t the first time a mentally ill person has legally bought guns and used them to kill others. THIS has to stop.

Holy cow, the article you linked to paints a SAD situation. I don't know if it was the intent of the writer of the article, but it makes Katz's mother sound pretty batship crazy. If the stuff in that article is accurate, it's a wonder the kid didn't lose it years ago. And why didn't the father sue for primary custody, if he knew the situation over there was so bad?

I wonder what the requirements are for reporting mental health issues in adolescents history, when they are adults applying for a gun? I know that adults often don't report that stuff on gun license applications because they don't want to be denied- but I wonder if you have to report incidents or institutionalizations from childhood?
edit on 27-8-2018 by KansasGirl because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-8-2018 by KansasGirl because: Fixed then unfixed

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl
We can't get them all. The only way to do so is to fundamentally change our entire way of life and acceptance of levels of privacy and anonymity that are basically non existent. I say just chalk it up to humans will be humans and accept being alive has the very real danger of being killed in a completely random accident or murder in some manner to a very almost irrelevant chance.

I hope whoever does end up winning the Madden tournament donates a bit of their winnings to the families affected and maybe a mental health clinic in their community.

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Another White Supremacist, this one being from the Netanyahu school of murder and hate

My thoughts and regards for the victims and their families.

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 07:59 AM
link   
"MASS Shooting!!! 100's Dead!!!"

um? one man with a gun shoots 3 people???
and they call it a Mass shooting! ?
why do they have to make Every
thing bigger that it is in the US?

it was a room Full of people.
he Could have killed a great deal more.
its just the press sensitization every thing.
Same as fake news!

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 08:03 AM
link   
When your kid is obsessed with video games, you probably have a serious issue at hand.
edit on 8/28/2018 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 08:17 AM
link   

It's hard as a father to get custody.

The law makes the burden high. Most judges just more or less assume the mother will be the best custodial parent.

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 08:21 AM
link   

It's hard as a father to get custody.

The law makes the burden high. Most judges just more or less assume the mother will be the best custodial parent.

Can you quote some specific laws, please?

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

How many fathers do you know with primary custody?

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 08:28 AM
link   

a reply to: introvert

How many fathers do you know with primary custody?

Several and I happen to know why they were granted custody over fathers that were not, though you are asking for an anecdotal fallacy that cannot be proven. So I am not sure why you are asking.

You said the law makes the burden high. I'd like to know which laws.

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: buddha
"MASS Shooting!!! 100's Dead!!!"

um? one man with a gun shoots 3 people???
and they call it a Mass shooting! ?
why do they have to make Every
thing bigger that it is in the US?

it was a room Full of people.
he Could have killed a great deal more.
its just the press sensitization every thing.
Same as fake news!

3 dead and 9 wounded.
You are right, "sane as fake news"

Or not.

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 10:06 AM
link   
shooter took anti-depressants

Divorce filings from the parents of 24-year-old David Katz of Baltimore say that as a teenager he was twice hospitalized in psychiatric facilities and that he was prescribed anti-psychotic and antidepressant medications.

edit on 28-8-2018 by CymaticA because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: buddha

I posted this when it was breaking news and that was the headline I read. While this is tragic, it was not a mass shooting.

I used to live in Jacksonville. I feel like this made headlines because it was white kids playing video games. When a shooting like this occurs in the 'hood' it never makes national news.

About gun control, I have been to a gun show in the Landings and purchased a handgun many years ago. Kind of ironic to me....

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: CymaticA
shooter took anti-depressants

Divorce filings from the parents of 24-year-old David Katz of Baltimore say that as a teenager he was twice hospitalized in psychiatric facilities and that he was prescribed anti-psychotic and antidepressant medications.

Have you ever paid attention to the commercials for antidepressants? In every single one of them, the listed side effects prominently include "suicidal thoughts or actions."

Ummm, isn't the antidepressant supposed to be preventing that stuff, not causing it

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join