It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

**Breaking news**Mass Shooting at Madden Tournament

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 02:54 PM
link   
What makes playing a video game so important that a person will kill for it.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

Wow. You see the laser zone in on him then the shots fired.

Why?

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 02:56 PM
link   
OMG people it is not the end of the world. This is simply another isolated violent attack that infrequently occurs in a population of 350 million people. It's a sad loss for the families. Other than that, there is no epidemic or rash of occurrences so let's all just calm down.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
What makes playing a video game so important that a person will kill for it.

People who don't value life, not just others theirs too and becauae of that any reason to do it will do
edit on 26-8-2018 by SailorJerry because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Black_Fox

originally posted by: butcherguy
These casualty numbers don’t reach the figures for a summer weekend in Chicago, but the MSM won’t cover that....

That doesn't lesson the loss of these lives.

One doesn't have to do with another.

And since you feel so strongly about the Chicago violence, go make a thread on that.

You don't have to come in this thread and cheapen these lives lost, because it's not equal to Chicago.

I am not making the lives lost today any less.
The MSM makes the lives in Chicago less meaningful because it suits their agenda.
That is the point.
If you want my remarks stricken from the thread, hit the alert button and a mod will be happy to do it... they hate me.

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
OMG people it is not the end of the world. This is simply another isolated violent attack that infrequently occurs in a population of 350 million people. It's a sad loss for the families. Other than that, there is no epidemic or rash of occurrences so let's all just calm down.

It was the end of the world for the victims of this shooting.
"Another isolated attack"
Isn't that and oxymoron?

And you mention 350 million people, I can promise you, none of us want to be taken out of that population by any shooter.
So that number means nothing, when the 1, being you, is what matters in the end.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: opethPA

originally posted by: Bone75
"What did he shoot me with?" sure seems like an odd question in that moment.

What are the awakened mind or CT approved questions to ask at that moment?

Not sure, but I see the question as a clue. Perhaps they were all searched or went through a metal detector before the tournament, or maybe it was just a weird looking gun, or maybe he saw the guy's hands coming at him and there was no gun.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
Well this will take McCain out of the front of the news

What does one have to do with the other?

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Black_Fox

And you could be walking downtown when a brick falls from a building and ends your days. I could get hit by a distracted driver not looking while crossing g the street on my green.

It is important to remember that these are rather infrequent occurrences and that you do not have to stop going g to public places. Because your opinion seemed an attempted to rationalize self isolation and the growth And embracing of fear.

Also another isolated attack is not an oxymoron. If I said a routine isolated attack it would have been. Sometimes we see fireballs at night, but they ARe uncommon and isolated. When another one occurs, that does not negate the fact it is isolated event.
That's all I am trying to convey here, stop being afraid.
edit on 8-26-2018 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 03:18 PM
link   
There was a player there that tweeted out something like:

single elim imma kill someone today

His account is already suspended.

I'm not going to link to a screen shot or name him. T&C's and all.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I watched the video of when the shooting started

Truly haunting

My thoughts to the victims and all of their families

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

Not a reason to kill for it, but I know when my son was into gaming, there can be some good money in it.
My heart goes out to these families.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

I have read stories of people killing their parents for taking away video games

I have personally witnessed a person smash a wall till their fist bled then grab a knife and threaten to slash their wrist of losing a video game

To some people, these games mean far too much, and losing at them or having them removed can cause moments of pure rage

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

I have read stories of people killing their parents for taking away video games

I have personally witnessed a person smash a wall till their fist bled then grab a knife and threaten to slash their wrist of losing a video game

To some people, these games mean far too much, and losing at them or having them removed can cause moments of pure rage

IMO it doesn't matter that it was a game that triggered this coward. Every single person on the planet has something or someone that does or will push their buttons.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 04:06 PM
link   

yeah from the twitter links posted in the thread they say the dota championship pays out 11 million to who ever gets first place so perhaps it was a financial motive? still wouldnt excuse it but may help explain it how much money was on the table for this madden gaming thing

twitter.com...
edit on 26-8-2018 by RalagaNarHallas because: (no reason given)

www.easports.com... 25 k on the line so not the biggest but still decent amount of money
edit on 26-8-2018 by RalagaNarHallas because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

Wtf man. Why?

WARNING, DISTURBING.
Right before the video cuts out, look at the black dudes left chest, IS THAT A F# LASER???

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 04:21 PM
link   
so far only id's on victims are on twitter and have not been confirmed by pd yet,apparently the guy we saw w red dot on his chest is DOA as well as another gamer with only twitter tags given out . shooter shot themselves but other then that jacksonville pd is being quiet about it . they probally wish to notify the victims families first and make sure they make the right id before publishing anything

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

Wtf man. Why?

WARNING, DISTURBING.
Right before the video cuts out, look at the black dudes left chest, IS THAT A F# LASER???

Indeed, that is a laser

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

It would appear so

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Whatthedoctorordered
I wonder if the laser was even properly sighted. It was very likely an under mounted laser on a handgun of some variance. The laser was pointing near his heart, if it was sighted properly the guy shoulda been dead before he managed to scream and question what just happened.

Magneto-thermal stimulation is most certainly a devastating technology when utilized in conjunction with special operators and agents to influence targeted populations.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join