It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

**Breaking news**Mass Shooting at Madden Tournament

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 05:33 PM
link   
A tragic damned shame.

I'm so sorry something like this could happen at a video game contest.

Shakes head and walks away. . . . . .

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Black_Fox

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 06:12 PM
link   
cant believe the news media are so disgusting that they are actually playing the audio.

These peoples families and victims just lost their kids, and the media is making it available to listen to the die?

I would be furious with the media if my kid was a victim, hell even if he wasnt.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 06:21 PM
link   
dailysnark.com... shooter Identified. another one of the suspected shooters (it was not him) had his twitter suspended over hearsay on the issue . katz lost to truboy (the African American gentleman who was seen with the lazer on him) over trash talking during match .does not seem like he was the most stable of individuals and was apparently a fan of James Holmes.......

www.empireboobookitty.com...

Numerous people on social media claim that David Katz or Derek Jones is the Jacksonville shooter. David Katz has been confirmed as the shooter.

www.inquisitr.com... this one has outdated info but info on the victims one being a family man making 80k by professional gaming over the last year
edit on 26-8-2018 by RalagaNarHallas because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Waiting to hear how someone got a gun into this event in the first place.

Now would be the perfect time to (fabricate?) evidence of a 3D printed weapon being employed (pun intended).

Never let a tragedy go to waste, as they say, especially if it can serve double duty as a much needed distraction.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Bhadhidar

they dont do bag checks at these events ,and it was at a restaraunt in a mostly open air mall . the sure as hell are gonna start doing bag checks after this though

www.esportsarenavegas.com... not the venue in question but they dont list bag checks at the vegas venue

www.cnet.com...

While Evo does not comment on security procedures (for obvious reasons), it's very clear that we need to be more proactive for 2019 and beyond. The amount of undercover law enforcement at Evo was unprecedented, and we will be installing metal detectors for ALL days next year.
so they will be doing them in the future

www.dexerto.com...

Esports pros and fans have called for security at events to be improved after a mass shooting took place at a Madden tournament in Jacksonville, Florida. Multiple fatalities have been confirmed following the incident at the GLHF Game Bar in the Jacksonville Landing on Sunday afternoon, leading players such as Call of Duty pro Seth 'Scump' Abner, Smash player Dark NAKAT, and CS:GO pro Markus Kjærbye to ask for increased security at future tournaments.

news3lv.com... seems there were threats about a las vegas event a while ago so may explain why the fbi showed up so fast
edit on 26-8-2018 by RalagaNarHallas because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Black_Fox
a reply to: UKTruth

Perhaps, but also in your "point" you said it didn't invoke threads.

As in you were calling out ATS for not caring about the issue.

And seemingly comparing all of us to the MSM.

Words are tricky, choose them carefully.

Just so we're clear, I AM calling out disgusting opportunists who like to cherry pick these events to push political agendas. It's well known who they are. Hope that was careful (and clear) enough for you.

edit on 26/8/2018 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: RalagaNarHallas

well if the kid came with a gun, he planned on shooting someone that day regardless if he won or not it seems like

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Black_Fox

Don't know what to think... this is so twisted. Wishing a fast recovery to the victims who are currently being treated and Godspeed to the innocent victims who have passed on. A senseless act... completely unnecessary and tragic. Makes my stomach curdle...

Obviously there were mental health and impulse control issues with this heartless POS. Do they ever publicly share medications these shooters are/were on? I feel like that is a huge detail that they never want to focus on.. it's always politicized into a gun control issue.

So messed up

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

latest update..the numbers dropped 2 dead 9 injured

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

I can't decide if its medications there on or lack there of

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 07:13 PM
link   
24 year old male.

His name is in this report.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 07:14 PM
link   

edit on 2620180820181 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: SailorJerry

its the therapy and the medications..

'sirhan sirhan'

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: SailorJerry

Video games are very easy for people with ADD/ADHD to key on. They can hyperfocus on things like games very easily. It goes without saying that many athletes are also ADD/ADHD and for the same reason.

One of the problems with ADD/ADHD is compromised executive function including poor impulse control.

Too many parents think that medication fixes the problem, but what it's really supposed to do is slow the brain and make it receptive to other forms of therapy and training, including intensive work on executive functions.

So what you may have had is a young adult with ADD/ADHD and very poor impulse control, even a tendency to act out violently whose parents just gave him pills and never really worked with him to resolve and overcome any of the shortcomings he had.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Heavy

“Two players defeated Katz during the two-day Jacksonville tournament, which started with pool play on Saturday and continued with a single elimination bracket on Sunday, a gamer told WJAX-TV. “He says he tried shake alleged shooter’s hand yesterday after their game, alleged shooter stared blankly. Says shooter was acting ‘weird’ and wearing same clothes as yesterday,” WJAX reporter Ryan Nelson tweeted. He said the two players who beat Katz were not injured during the shooting, but he said Katz did seem to be targeting people.”

Really odd.

Also some reports say he was 3 weeks shy of his 21st birthday while others list him as 24. At the same time I read the person he killed was one that beat him during the game that eliminated him, yet above in the link it says that is not the case. A lot of conflicting info still, I guess, since it’s early.

Senseless.

edit on 26-8-2018 by raedar because: Clarity

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Florida has more than its fair share of nut cases... but Jacksonville is a hole, heck the good parts of Jacksonville are S holes.

I went to most every corner of florida as I could growing up there and Jacksonville was just a place you stayed away from.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Whatthedoctorordered

You don't need to buy it, it is already sold and in writing . Your acceptance of it's reality is of no consequence.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 07:39 PM
link   

You don't need to buy it, it is already sold and in writing . Your acceptance of it's reality is of no consequence.

It is most certainly not "in writing and sold" that the government is making these kids kill people.

In any way shape or form.

Lay off the alex jones

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: raedar

The 24-year-old Katz, a Maryland resident

So he traveled WITH a firearm, all the way from Maryland to Florida.

Now if he had a CCW I can see why he would do this, if NOT than this guy planned on killing people
edit on 26-8-2018 by Whatthedoctorordered because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join