It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We Are an Extinct Species! Earth is running out of the resources to sustain life Do you care.. Nope

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 05:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Just noted that peak oil was an issue in the 70s,

Not for very many.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 06:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheJesuit
This is real and weather

I see what you did there.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 07:38 AM
link   
We are not running out of resources. They are there, it will be more expensive to extract them however. Probably our biggest impediment to mineral resources is war and human conflict. Water doesn't go anywhere. There is always the same amount. It might need to be desalinized but once we do that, we have another industry to support the world's economies.

Australia might seem underpopulated but most of the country is desert. Maybe people lived there before and destroyed the place. People at ATS go on about Mars and the like but how could we even think about terraforming another planet if we can't terraform our own deserts right here on earth. When I was young they used to talk about living at the bottom of the ocean. What happened to that dream?

There's always Antarctica.

We need to make more of the earth habitable. When we decide to apply ourselves, at least some of that should be possible.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: TheJesuit

Who are saying 'don't care'?

Many of us here on Earth care, it's the Corporations who don't care, the CEO's of these Companies who just keep building and eating up the resources!

Just read on MSN about a new construction of highway between Oxford and Cambridge and the development of 1 million new homes along the way... where and what do you think they're going to build on and over?

They don't care that our Oxygen supply is dwindling and becoming more toxic and they don't care about 'Climate Change'. They certainly don't care that those people moving into those 1 million new homes will need cars to get around and what do gas guzzling cars bring? More toxic fumes!

I'll be happy when 'Gas guzzling' cars are banned from the roads and replaced with Electric cars only... that's when we can say 'we are progressing to save the planet'.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Who are saying 'don't care'?

Many of us here on Earth care, it's the Corporations who don't care, the CEO's of these Companies who just keep building and eating up the resources!

Just read on MSN about a new construction of highway between Oxford and Cambridge and the development of 1 million new homes along the way... where and what do you think they're going to build on and over?

They don't care that our Oxygen supply is dwindling and becoming more toxic and they don't care about 'Climate Change'. They certainly don't care that those people moving into those 1 million new homes will need cars to get around and what do gas guzzling cars bring? More toxic fumes!

I'll be happy when 'Gas guzzling' cars are banned from the roads and replaced with Electric cars only... that's when we can say 'we are progressing to save the planet'.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Seriously, just go on the street corner and wear a sandwich board that says "The End is Nigh"...it will be taken about as seriously as all of this soothsaying about resource depletion and resource budgets and AGW theory.

Alarmism is ridiculous.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Raggedyman

Just noted that peak oil was an issue in the 70s,

Not for very many.

en.m.wikipedia.org...
No exactly, it wasn't was it, scientists, engineers, all the boffins were talking peak oil, what happened, nothin..oh wait, energy crisis happened, I guess that's not much that didn't effect not many

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Of course we're a transitional species. Even if we avoid getting hit by a comet, destroying the environment, wiping ourselves out with powerful weapons, or a deadly virus gets us all, we're still only going to be around in our present form for 500 years or so, tops. That's because we are going to "clever" ourselves out of existence. We're going to build self-aware machines one of these days, and who knows what they're going to do with us. And on top of that, we're a species that loves to modify ourselves, whether it's with elaborate costumes or tattoos and piercings or whatever. So once we get a good handle on our own DNA, look for us to modify ourselves so much that we essentially turn ourselves into a lot of different kinds of semi-humans.

People get it wrong. It's not our evil aspects that will do us in. It's our positive aspects -- our desire to live long and prosper, our love for our families and friends, our incredible cleverness -- that will be the end of us.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
a reply to: SeaWorthy

I know common sense
I know that there are about 27 million people living in the city of Beijing and about 24 million people living in all Australia
Overpopulated, I don't think so, as for your experts, I think they have an agenda

Food, the west throws out more food in a week than some people in third world countries eat in a week

If you are really interested, search the " overpopulation myth"
www.pop.org...

Overpopulation has zero to do with earth space. You are not seeing the big picture with the food either and resourses either.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 02:17 PM
link   
don't worry the real estate market will keep us afloat

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 02:23 PM
link   
If I am extinct how am I having a kid...the math dont work there.

Are things changing sure, just like its changed every so often for as long as living creatures have been on this rock. Our bet option is to learn to change with the changes that are coming cause we cant stop momma earth if she wants to change.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

"People get it wrong. It's not our evil aspects that will do us in. It's our positive aspects -- our desire to live long and prosper, our love for our families and friends, our incredible cleverness -- that will be the end of us." ????

Killer robots will be the end of us.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: toms54
Killer robots will be the end of us.

We will build them to make our lives easier. Nothing evil about that. Like building a fire to stay warm and ending up burning down your house.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 05:04 PM
link   
So Aliens Or Jesus must come to save us and if not we're incapable of humility & sharing ie. living within our means or equal resources for each? That's simply not a feasible strategy- Survival of the strongest eventually destroys itself...

Instead a strategy of preservation & balance Should be evaluated, decided and implemented.

Why should one starve & freeze while another becomes fat and wastes? We are thinking animals after all & sometimes not...

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

Russia's Kalashnikov corporation unveils gold 'killer' robot - Daily Mail
0:49

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join