It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We Are an Extinct Species! Earth is running out of the resources to sustain life Do you care.. Nope

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Trees grow if they are left areas to grow back. We do a lot of cutting down and converting into farm lands or shopping malls...

Totally agree with you though, in reality all the resources remain and all of mother natures tools are still around to regenerate...however, back to the posters point...we are basically at a point of no return for the bulk of humanity.

Everything will turn back to compost and soil with time, Fungi will take care of that, the resources will be returned to the earth. Humanity will survive in the end and so will mother nature, but how many humans will be part of the "reset" is not as kind a story.

The only end I can see for our planet is the day the sun dies out or when we get close enough to the sun to completely burn up...

link   
google "vertical farming". We can double the number of people. Culture is a good thing.

link   

originally posted by: GraffikPleasure
a reply to: TheJesuit

Has this ever happened in the history of earth?
Hhmmm doesn’t really sound all that unprecedented when you think of it.

Well, it sort of happened before in some parts of the planets. One I can remember :

Around 1400 the Easter Island palm became extinct due to overharvesting. Its capability to reproduce has become severely limited by the proliferation of rats, introduced by the islanders when they first arrived, which ate its seeds.

In the years after the disappearance of the palm, ancient garbage piles reveal that porpoise bones declined sharply. The islanders, no longer with the palm wood needed for canoe building, could no longer make journeys out to sea.

Consequently, the consumption of land birds, migratory birds, and mollusks increased. Soon land birds went extinct and migratory bird numbers were severely reduced, thus spelling an end for Easter Island's forests.

Already under intense pressure by the human population for firewood and building material, the forests lost their animal pollinators and seed dispersers with the disappearance of the birds. Today, only one of the original 22 species of seabird still nests on Easter Island.

With the loss of their forest, the quality of life for Islanders plummeted. Streams and drinking water supplies dried up. Crop yields declined as wind, rain, and sunlight eroded topsoils. Fires became a luxury since no wood could be found on the island, and grasses had to be used for fuel.

No longer could rope by manufactured to move the stone statues and they were abandoned. The Easter Islanders began to starve, lacking their access to porpoise meat and having depleted the island of birds. As life worsened, the orderly society disappeared and chaos and disarray prevailed. Survivors formed bands and bitter fighting erupted.

By the arrival of Europeans in 1722, there was almost no sign of the great civilization that once ruled the island other than the legacy of the strange statues. However, soon these too fell victim to the bands who desecrated the statues of rivals.

rainforests.mongabay.com...

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Don’t care. I’ll be dead in about fifteen years.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: stormcell

Its the lack of viable soil that will get us, neck and neck with viable water.

Its not how much land to people ratio that counts, but what it requires to market staples globally to an overly inflated population of non producers, driven by the greed of globalist driven corporations.

9 years, that how much soil we have left in many estimations, that same soil is so depleted, the food grown in it, is sorely nutrient deficient.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Hey man, the WNBA playoffs are on tonight.

I can only pay mind to one thing at a time!!!

link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

What is your point cause I don't see one? What does 11 cities having more population than Australia prove in terms of not being over populated?

Good for Australia I guess? When SHTF, they won't be too crowded...i'm from Canada...so long as all the American's don't come north...we should be fine with resources...

Cut the power in some of those 11 cities...see how long "people" with be humane...

I do not see what is ignorant about this...our society has become large and overly complex. As we grow and become more complex, we have diminishing returns on everything. We consistently need more people to fill jobs, more food, more water, more transport.

I actually believe that in Utopia, our current population could sustain itself in terms of living with the resources on the planet; with out current lifestyles...I do not, we are over populated to sustain the current method of living...maybe I should have been more clear about my thought process.

link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket
a reply to: stormcell

Its the lack of viable soil that will get us, neck and neck with viable water.

Its not how much land to people ratio that counts, but what it requires to market staples globally to an overly inflated population of non producers, driven by the greed of globalist driven corporations.

9 years, that how much soil we have left in many estimations, that same soil is so depleted, the food grown in it, is sorely nutrient deficient.

But even that isn't right or not quite the whole picture. There is all kinds of land all over the world suited to grow certain crops that isn't typical farmland. It's a management problem. We're not using the land correctly.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I'm a stink species.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 08:14 PM
link   
We Are an Extinct Species! Earth is running out of the resources to sustain life Do you care.. Nope

At least they won't have to listen to Russia 24/7.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

Don’t care. I’ll be dead in about fifteen years.

Nice
..you have any family? I'm not buying your username either..you are quite broken.
edit on 21-8-2018 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

The sky is falling! The sky is falling!

Aaaaaaahhhhhhhh!
Cheese & Rice!
Double Aaaaaaahhhhhh!!

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Well I bet that one of the world's largest banks knows exactly how to get a handle on it. I am sure it would involve me and everybody else handing over gobs of money and to trust them to take care of everything.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Folks talking about overpopulation
Only 2% of the continent of Africa is populated. Of the 2% , 98% is on the coast.

In 2014 , if you brought everyone in the world together and placed them in the State of Texas, there would be 1.5 feet radius of space around each person

Overpopulation ?
Nonsense

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: UndeadWarrior

No. But I bet people who lived 100 years ago would have loved a small pox vaccine, or would have loved to have readily available antibiotics, and Xrays, and helicopters... bah what I am I saying, screw science, it's all wrong, just ignore it all.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 08:34 PM
link   

You are chicken-littled by the media on these things. You must follow the money to see if there is credible evidence from independent sources. Most of these organizations are controlled by people seeking government grants to research bs and provide funds or are huge for profit companies that fund nonprofits through a maze of hard to follow organizations. Again to scare the public into buying their bs products or services.

In the case of your Gobal Footprint scource look at the Chairman of the Board. His full time paying job is in a huge medical tech line inventing and patenting various medical devices and procedures. It’s pretty disgusting.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Oh no ! Does that mean my electricity will be cut off and I can't drive my car anymore?

Damn wasteful humans for taking up my share of resources.

All my recycling , tree hugging antics have been for nothing.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 08:38 PM
link   
we are not 'extinct'; we might be considered endangered.

as mentioned, things like soil and water and trees may be managed.

what does worry me is minerals. we are constantly mining silver, gold, iron, copper etc. they can be recycled to some extent but 1) we are wasting tons of it (literally) and 2) the Earth only has a finite supply of those.

same with fossil fuels. I'm glad we're still finding oil and coal but no rational person thinks the supply is inexhaustible.

okay so we have 500 years worth in the ground. then what? and 500 years might be optimistic.

I would like to see better management. I'm no 'greenie' but recycling can be very helpful.

and I would love to see fewer impoverished families with ten kids, most of whom themselves will grow up in poverty and have ten kids of their own. how many people can Pakistan and India support? aren't they short on water and going hungry now?

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 08:41 PM
link   

if you brought everyone in the world together and placed them in the State of Texas, there would be 1.5 feet radius of space around each person

This is so stupid I'm sick of hearing it. If you jammed everyone in Texas, everyone would be dead in a few weeks. It takes a large amount of land to feed, house, transport and employ people Most of the undeveloped land is desert, like west Texas, or mountains or covered with snow.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: EternalShadow
'Climate change' is just code for 'new world order failure'.

Relax.

Grow a garden.

And for god's sake....stop listening to bankers.

this, I think we can all agree on

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join