It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We Are an Extinct Species! Earth is running out of the resources to sustain life Do you care.. Nope

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 07:36 PM
link   
This is real and weather you want to realize it or not our grandchildren's grandchildren will bear the beginning of the brunt of this not to mention the global geopolitical fallout from scrambling & fighting for resources ...

One of the world's largest banks says the planet is running out of resources and warns that neither governments nor companies are prepared for climate change.

The world spent its entire natural resource budget for the year by August 1, a group of analysts at HSBC said in a note that cited research from the Global Footprint Network

www.footprintnetwork.org...

www.businessinsider.com...
edit on 21-8-2018 by TheJesuit because: (no reason given)

+12 more 
posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: TheJesuit

The sky is falling! The sky is falling!

Aaaaaaahhhhhhhh!

+17 more 
posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 07:45 PM
link   
'Climate change' is just code for 'new world order failure'.

Relax.

Grow a garden.

And for god's sake....stop listening to bankers.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheJesuit
This is real and weather you want to realize it or not our grandchildren's grandchildren will bear the beginning of the brunt of this not to mention the global geopolitical fallout from scrambling & fighting for resources ...

One of the world's largest banks says the planet is running out of resources and warns that neither governments nor companies are prepared for climate change.

The world spent its entire natural resource budget for the year by August 1, a group of analysts at HSBC said in a note that cited research from the Global Footprint Network

So what happens to the resources, do they evaporate, then disappear
How are they all used up

I don't understand and am not really interested in the link

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

Aaaaaaahhhhhhhh!

You may not like the poster...but...He's right...August 1st this year we exhausted the resources the planet could regenerate in a year...
We may not see this in our time...odds are the my grand children, or their children will live through much tougher times(if mother nature hasn't solved the issue that is gross human over population and over consumption)

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

What happens to resources...we mine them, we cut trees, we level entire forests, etc...interesting to see that you mention evaporation, because water is the one resource I don't see us running out of...because it doesn't "disappear"...it'll all come back in some shape or form..

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Has this ever happened in the history of earth?
Hhmmm doesn’t really sound all that unprecedented when you think of it.

We are technologically advanced enough to figure it out in the long run. And hey, people have survived through much worse and without high tech gadgets..

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

originally posted by: TheJesuit

So what happens to the resources, do they evaporate, then disappear
How are they all used up

I don't understand and am not really interested in the link

You have finite amounts of things that grow during the year (trees for construction, wheat/grains/rice, vegetation for converting CO2 into O2 - like the Amazon rainforests). There is snow that collects up on mountain tops during Winter, then melts and forms freshwater rivers. Those go into reservoirs and rivers. They depend on rainfall as well. That has to be managed through water rights. Look at all the cities and countries having droughts and running low on water.

There is a finite amount of fish that breeds in oceans. That has to be managed through trade agreements and monitored by biologists.

In Europe, we have to balance land usage between growing crops and housing.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

The sky is falling!

Strangely enough, that is actually happening in places.

over the southern Atlantic Ocean a decrease in height of up to 50 km was found

Oyster Source

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I though banks were bad.

I guess if they predict the weather, they are good.

Surprised this isn’t racist some way

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Go back 600 million years to snowball earth where just about all life was knocked back to simple cells, so everything we have today happen since then..I don't think old mother earth cares...

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

Aaaaaaahhhhhhhh!

Oh, I see where your coming from.

Just crack beer and 'watch it burn'... yeah?

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: GraffikPleasure

I think what you mean to say is...your government is technologically advanced enough to either a)Figure it out or b) use their resources to leave the common folk for dead...

The high tech gadgets are what will kill most people...not so long as a 100 years ago, most people would know how to start a vegetable from seed or start a fire with basic tools...
Is there an app for that?

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 07:55 PM
link   

I started out fine, I didn't think I was in any danger.

But here I am 1.5 hours later and I am running out of my most valued resource.

Beer.

Everything else will be fine
edit on 21-8-2018 by Aallanon because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: SocratesJohnson

Banks are bad :p

If we all die, who will they make money off of?

They have to warn us, if we die, they do too

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: UndeadWarrior
a reply to: Raggedyman

What happens to resources...we mine them, we cut trees, we level entire forests, etc...interesting to see that you mention evaporation, because water is the one resource I don't see us running out of...because it doesn't "disappear"...it'll all come back in some shape or form..

So minerals evaporate, trees don't grow?
Humanity can farm, make the profits larger and watch what happens

I remember in the 70s and peak oil, what a joke that was, that resource hasn't got a peak according to some
Trees, they grow, minerals, recycle, they are already mining the rubbish tips for minerals and energy

Fishing has got pretty bad, sadly

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: UndeadWarrior
a reply to: GraffikPleasure

I think what you mean to say is...your government is technologically advanced enough to either a)Figure it out or b) use their resources to leave the common folk for dead...

The high tech gadgets are what will kill most people...not so long as a 100 years ago, most people would know how to start a vegetable from seed or start a fire with basic tools...
Is there an app for that?

No.. there are parents for that.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Hold up, there is enough food, farmable land, solar power, wind power, water, land for shelter etc for everything. We won't run out, ever.

The problem is management. Google how much we waste and don't recycle and how much Ocean water we don't use and how much we pollute and the Way our cities are laid out illogically.
edit on 21-8-2018 by amazing because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Do you care..

I do care about how much of those finite resources I can acquire for myself and my family before its all gone. Our bloodline must become the winners! If we keep acquisition at the rate we are, in three generations our decendents can buy their space ticket out of here. I personally want to stay here until the moment it blinks away into extinction, I have become quite fond of this little rock.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: UndeadWarrior

Overpopulation, seriously, are you that ignorant
There are about 11 cities globaly with more people living in them than the poppulation of all of Australia
Meaning that more people live these 11 cities than the poppulation of people on all of the continent of Australia

Overpopulation? you have taken the bait, lied to and accepted it

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join