It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: "Illegal Alien" in Custody For Mollie Tibbetts' Death

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stevenjames15
a reply to: IAMTAT

An illegal immigrant here working for a prominent Republican. When he was asked about the killer he said he was here working for the farm for four years and is in good standing. Hmmm. More hypocrisy from the right.

OMG!
THE REPUBLICANS killed Mollie Tibbetts!
A REPUBLICAN hired an illegal alien..who then murdered Mollie...after he was checked out in the system (DURING/UNDER THE OBAMA ADMINISTRATION) as NOT illegal!

LOL!
The Left is desperate!

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

An illegal immigrant here working for a prominent Republican. When he was asked about the killer he said he was here working for the farm for four years and is in good standing. Hmmm. More hypocrisy from the right.

OMG!
A REPUBLICAN hired an illegal alien..who then murdered Mollie...after he was checked out in the system (DURING/UNDER THE OBAMA ADMINISTRATION) as NOT illegal!

So which is it? Was he illegal or not? They are diametrically opposed. You can't have it both ways...in the real world.

LOL!
The Left is desperate!

Someone sure is.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 10:26 AM
link   

OMG!

LOL!
The Left is desperate!

The Republican is CLAIMING he was checked out via e-verify.

That is what interests me.

Either the cops are wrong that he is Illegal, or the Prominent Republican running a family farm and in desperate need of workers hired an illegal alien and is lying about the e-verify check.

E-Verify is something that most farmers HATE.

And E-Verify aint something that is politicized. It is a tight, computerized background check system and includes DHS, Soc Sec Admin checking SS # and ICE approval.

Will be interested in how this plays out.

edit on 22-8-2018 by soberbacchus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Yarrabee Farms, the Iowa farm that employed the suspect charged with killing Mollie Tibbetts, defended its vetting of Cristhian Bahena Rivera late Tuesday. The farm says Rivera passed the government's background check and it had no idea he was an undocumented immigrant.
[/quote
abcnews.go.com...

The Obama administration tended to be rather lax with it's background checks where illegal aliens from south of the border are concerned.

I'm sure you'll agree.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 10:38 AM
link   

So he was legal then. Or the farm folks lied.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 10:38 AM
link   

The only way to vet the new hire was e-verify which encouraged illegals to use any social security number they could immediately find. That way they were vetted and were given employment.

When he was arrested, the law enforcement ran him through NCIC the National Crime Information Computer, and found that the SS number he was using was stolen and ran his name and birth date through Mexican authorities to basically prove that he was who he says he is, birth place, former address and any record of crimes committed in Mexico.

E-verify is not connected to the NCIC computer in any way. Hopefully this regime will change the way immigrants and US citizens are vetted for employment.

I hope I haven't confused you...

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

So he was legal then. Or the farm folks lied.

Apparently...under the Obama administration everything was hunky-dory with this particular illegal.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 10:43 AM
link   

E-Verify is checked through the SS Administration SS#, ICE and DHS.

Computers aren't partisan or liberal.

Farmers on the other hand are notoriously "lax with it's background checks where illegal aliens from south of the border are concerned" and have lobbied aggressively against e-verify requirements.

The most likely scenario is that this Prominent Republican Politican's family farm has employed an illegal alien for the past 4 years and is lying to cover it up.

I have no doubt if ICE paid a visit to the farm this afternoon, they would need to bring in buses.

That or the cops got it wrong that the guy was here illegally, but I trust them more than the GOP Politician/Farmer.

I also trust a computerized background check system that is vetted through three different agencies and DHS and ICE, requires SS# and I-9 application forms etc. more than I do this Republican's claim that he e-verified his employment 4 years ago.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: NightFlight

When he was arrested, the law enforcement ran him through NCIC the National Crime Information Computer, and found that the SS number he was using was stolen and ran his name and birth date through Mexican authorities to basically prove that he was who he says he is, birth place, former address and any record of crimes committed in Mexico.

Can you help me with a link showing that is what happened?

The issue with what you claim is his NAME.

The Prominent Republican Family he was working for knew him by the same name the police have reported.

If he gave a fake SS# of someone else for e-verify, it would have come back with a different name.

Apart from this Prominent Republican family CLAIMING they e-verified him, there has been no official confirmation or documentation supporting that claim.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 10:55 AM
link   
This morning, the brain dead ABC News referred to him as an "undocumented immigrant." So if I break into a house and live there while the family is away on an extended vacation, would I be an "undocumented mortgage holder?"

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: RetsuUnohana
This morning, the brain dead ABC News referred to him as an "undocumented immigrant." So if I break into a house and live there while the family is away on an extended vacation, would I be an "undocumented mortgage holder?"

The semantics have always failed with "illegal Immigrant", although it is commonly used.

People can not be illegal. Their actions can be.

When a citizen of Texas commits a crime, we don't refer to them as an Illegal Texan.

Nor do we refer to a shoplifter as an Illegal Buyer.

Objectively the tag of "illegal Immigrant" is more for rhetoric than logic or grammar.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 11:21 AM
link   
You people don't know how the system works. He came in legal but has overstayed. Of course I might be wrong but he hired a legal and now he's not so you figure it out..

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 11:24 AM
link   
A name is simply a word (tag) to refer to some thing. It doesn't have to pass some test based on the word(s) it is derived from.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Butterfinger
a reply to: roadgravel

Funny thing is this illegal economic migrant has no priors,he was one of the "good ones" that made it here illegally and stayed for years.

So if we just round up the illegals that have prior violent charges, that would not have mattered here.

THIS guy was "one of the GOOD ones"?

I meant that facetiously, as in he had no priors so by that account he would have been considered one of the "good ones" by the left.

edit on 8222018 by Butterfinger because: (no reason given)

edit on 8222018 by Butterfinger because: formatting

edit on 8222018 by Butterfinger because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: soberbacchus

originally posted by: RetsuUnohana

The semantics have always failed with "illegal Immigrant", although it is commonly used.

People can not be illegal. Their actions can be.

When a citizen of Texas commits a crime, we don't refer to them as an Illegal Texan.

Nor do we refer to a shoplifter as an Illegal Buyer.

Objectively the tag of "illegal Immigrant" is more for rhetoric than logic or grammar.

No, we call a shoplifter a shoplifter or thief because it describes the crime that person committed. We call an illegal immigrant an illegal immigrant because that is the crime he committed. He immigrated illegally. It's a descriptor. Like murderer is a person who murders.

So we might not call the Texan an "illegal Texan", but we may well describe them as a Texan committing an illegality. A "murdering Texan", a "stealing Texan", etc. If his act of being in Texas was itself the crime, we'd probably call him an "illegal Texan. "

I'm not surprised you're down to parsing the terminology we use to describe the people committing the crime of immigrating illegally (or illegal immigration). The only thing you have in your bag of tricks for this is empty rhetoric like "people can't be illegal". Well that and putting "prominent Republican" into your posts repeatedly as though that is the relevant story concerning this illegal murderer who also immigrated illegally.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: soberbacchus

That's standard law enforcement procedure. The point I was making is that the NCIC computers and the E-verify computers are not tied together and will not show a "hit" to the other when a criminal occurrence is found.

There is a thread already up about the E-verify system not showing illegal social security numbers when a persons name and social security number is entered into the E-verify system. It will not cross verify to any crime computer.

Is that a little less muddy?

E-verify on Wiki
edit on 22-8-2018 by NightFlight because: Added link to E-verify

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: RadioRobert

Well that and putting "prominent Republican" into your posts repeatedly as though that is the relevant story concerning this illegal murderer who also immigrated illegally.

Hard to take all of that seriously.

No such thing as an "illegal Texan"

And I am pretty sure Murder is illegal all the time, so not sure what an "illegal murderer" is?

An undocumented immigrant is by definition here illegally, but does not make that person illegal, only his actions, thus "illegal immigrant" (if anyone actually paused from gorging themselves on Frank Lutz's list of lizard brain word for right wing zealots) is not a good descriptor.

And BTW it was not me who came up with the logical retort "no human being is illegal." it was Holocaust survivor and Nobel Peace Prize winner Elie Wiesel.

"Illegal Immigrant" was a label first applied by British Bigots to Holocaust Survivors fleeing Hitler to England.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Butterfinger
I hate to ask so far along, but why all the media on this over the past weeks?

Its good coverage, but why her? No "famous" family, no body until today, Fiance had tight alibi... Why her?

I do not want to down play what happened to this beautiful young woman, and hope justice will be served, but something feels off like you said why so much coverage?

I think you just found the answer in that it was an illegal that potentially killed her.

Forget all the 100's of disappearances every day, forget that they didn't know who the killer was before the reporting started. This will be used to push an agenda, anyone care to wager within a week some new Tibbetts law...anyone?

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman
This gets me every time. If we deport every single illegal alien in America, people will still get murdered. How many murders so far this year? How many were committed by illegals? Nothing but fake outrage. The other guy, with the pregnant girlfriend, was wanted for murder in Mexico, not here, so he doesn't count.

Your right there will still be crime and murder, but it improves your odds a bit to live a safe life.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
What a terrible tragedy, I hope if this guy is guilty he gets the maximum punishment.

I am against illegal immigration and a strong advocate for border enforcement.

And a better immigration system may have been able to prevent this.

But lets not pretend this makes all illegals murders, any more than showing one DACA recipient that is a valedictorian and marine proves they are all that.

Maybe not, but it makes this one a murderer, and the fact remains he shouldn't have been where he was at the time and if our immigration laws were actually enforced, he would not have been anywhere near that girl.

I'm sorry, but if this was my child I would be inconsolable and furious beyond belief. To be let down and betrayed by your own government is a very big deal.

Our government is supposed to protect it's citizens and there are laws in place for everyone's protection. Too bad only some laws seem to matter to the Democrats.

BTW, this isn't the first time....

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join